Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Climbing the beanstalk (Nevada/Jack)[Fin~] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:26 pm
He tilted his head, the gesture of one listening in. Relaxed posture, shifting feet, apology, smiles; he made note of these.

"Ah, please don't feel like that! I am the one who made you uncomfortable," Jack insisted. "Had I the means, I would be offering to buy you lunch at the very least; consider it an IOU. A tour sounds wonderful, though!" He seemed to light up at the offer, and after gathering his notes back into his binder (along with the pile he would have to work on), he stood up.

He felt much better standing over her rather than vice versa.

"You will forgive me if I bombard you with questions as we go, I hope."

Nyxtsuki Moon
ide

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
She brushed her hair back, waiting as he gathered his things and nodding.

"A lunch would be nice, just be careful if you go to the Cafeteria, its newly decorated as a large swimming pool." She tilted her head up, blowing out another breath. "God you are tall Jack." She might've studied him a bit longer, enjoying the sheer handsome of the hunter...even with his oddly dyed green hair before stepping past him.

"Not a problem Handsome, I'll do my best to answer them fully with the knowledge I have." She opened the door, holding it for him before looking around. "Have you gotten acquainted with the life section of deus? I can tell you know where the computer labs are but have you seen any of the others? I know about weapons conversion room, the minipet rooms, Runic development, The room where they study artifacts...." She smiled, "Since Life labs are the most intricate, I can go through each room if you'd like?"

Ol-j-Man

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:21 am
A...swimming pool. He had to quirk an eyebrow at that. "How...unsanitary. Never a dull day, hmm? If you're intimidated, though, I don't mind letting you sit on my shoulders," he teased lightly. His workload was shifted under one arm so he could have a free hand, pushing his bangs back as he looked down at her.

The Life Labs were much larger than he expected.

"I have seen some of the pod rooms, but the rest not so much," he replied, then winced as Owain practically lost his s**t over how much there was left to explore. Jack rubbed at his temple with a dry look to the air. "My partner and I would be most delighted to see them in detail if you don't mind."

(( I absolutely demand she take us through them! Oh, this sounds like a dream come true, dear Jack...Think of the science! Why, perhaps we could learn about the intricacies of your miniature scryer. ))

"Cellphone," Jack corrected him flatly (and accidentally) out loud.

(( I still don't see how it has anything to do with cellular or structural meanings of the word, nor phonetics as you have yet to use it to make a sound. ))

He shut his eyes and took a deep breath. "You will also forgive me if my demeanor dips now and then. My partner has trouble understanding simple concepts and will barrage me with questions of his own."

Nyxtsuki Moon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:53 pm
"Ah If you ever meet the sun leader, His name is Allan. He is the one who put the swimming pool there. Apparently he is obsessed with those Japanese cartoons. A lot of people say he just stepped out of one." She didn't know how to tell Jack what it was since she didn't know what anime was. At all.

She flushed just a bit, her mind wandering to why she would sit on his shoulders at any time and of course it had gone a direction that was not okay. Instead she waited for the flush to disappear, hiding it by looking down in her papers.

"I think the only time I'll have to sit on your shoulders handsome, is if we have to change a lightbulb or something." It was meant to be a joke.

She looked back up to see him rubbing his forehead.

"Weapon?" Ah yes, "At least yours ask questions. Mine likes to yell at me." Leroy bristled at the edge of her mind, grumbling. "Although I very use to it, and very lucky that my weapon loves me. He's quieted down since then."

/Only because you never listen to what I say anyways./

I do, but then I don't.

She opened a door, leading Jack in and looking around. "This is one of the labs where they store runic weapons. Ah, I hoped they briefed you on runics, Life labs and hunters use a lot of them." She went to one of the cupboards, opening it to reveal the runics. "There is a life hunter here, her name is Ami Raine? She was the one who taught me everything about the runics. They offer simple uses for when you don't have your weapon to do so. These here..." She went to explain the daggers, the torch and the chain. Then picked up a trapping gun. "I haven't used these on the field yet, but this is the trapping gun for when we bring Speciemens back to be tested. or if we are looking for candidates for student conversion." She put it back down, "I've heard hunters on the Island specialize in bringing halloween students to our island and having them convert. It's why we have the weapons do. We don't get to choose them, because they get to choose us first." She smiled, "Ready to move on to the next room?"

Ol-j-Man

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:33 pm
Japanese . . . cartoons . . . uh huh. Probably one of those fellows.

Smiling to himself at her flush, Jack ambled lazily after her. A woman used to yelling, huh? Nice perk. "I'm also good for reaching the top shelf and opening pickle jars," he joked for added measure.

He examined the runic artifacts closely as he listened to her explanation. "Mmm, I know the basics of them . . . Ami, you said? Someone named Ami woke me up," he said in passing, eying the trap gun. "Though she seemed keen on me not remembering her name, among other not-so-welcoming words." Specimens, hmm? What a field . . . He could imagine it: living up to his new title and hunting down rogue creatures to take in for further study and candidate testing. Actually living.

"The rule of supply and demand at work, no? I do wonder what the trigger is between weapon and hunter . . ." If only because "magic" wasn't sufficient enough an answer. Jack turned to her with a nod when he was ready. "Would you mind going further in depth about specializations while we walk?"

Nyxtsuki Moon
whispers never not tags

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:52 pm
"The top shelf...." It forever eluded her. She was only 5'6 after all, and even with her tallest heels, she barely topped 5'9. The pickle jar well, "I will have to remember that when I need a jar opened. A good strong man..." She didn't want to hurt his ego by telling him that because of the bonds with weapons, their strengths as humans were very enhanced. She didn't really have trouble with pickle jars anymore. But men's egos.

"Yes Ami. She's a full life hunter. And that doesn't surprise me, she's not overly fond of people in general, and unless you prove yourself to her, we are perpetual idiots walking around her life division." She smiled, thinking of the tinier grumpier hunter. "We think it's H's division but trust me, Ami is right there at the top."

She moved to close the cabinet and nodded. "I am not sure myself....At the trigger. When I talk to most of the older or more experienced hunters, they say weapons are meant to be our soul mates. I haven't ever heard of a hunter and a weapon bond that didn't work." She looked away, "My weapon is a good example, I was stuck in a coma after the attack that took my eye, and he was the only one to wake me really." She started to move to the next room.

"Well quite awhile ago, we had a set amount of leaders that would filter orders and division break down to the current leaders. The council? They ended up getting murdered, it was quite the scandal for awhile." She looked away, "It ended up with the division leads taking over command, and because they were stretched thin, Specializations were offered for hunters. Hunters who have perfected or work a specific type of something to help with hunters. I've heard of a couple. There's Candace, who is specializes in training Mist trainee's. Or Gale who is specializes in leading missions for Artifact recon and retrieval. I even heard of a hunter named Dakota, who's part of moon that is finalizing his specialization for Search and Rescue missions." She blew out a breath, "Each division has something that needs help being covered or led." She opened the room for the minipets, looking around.

"This is the minipet room, and just so you know, Trainee's often have to come here for minipet...excrement extraction. Um...Minipet poop duty. You won't like but we have all done it." She went over to one of the cages and reached her hand in, petting one of the many cannon cats. "They use these creatures to study for FEAR, and how we can utilize it." She went to another cage with a levathia. It hissing at her.

"Okay next room!" She said brightly, reaching out to his hand and tug him out of the room. Letting go when she started for the next door.

Ol-j-Man

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:59 pm
It paid to be nice every once in a while, especially when he could mine this valuable information with her. His brow raised just slightly at the mention of soul mates, but it lifted more noticeably with murder. So specializations were simply hunters working more acutely on a division's specialties . . . Hmm. This was something to keep in mind for the future, assuming he lived that long.

Letting Owain happily file away names and specialties for him, Jack peeked into the minipet room and made a face at the smell. "These animals have animals?" he commented with wry amusement, his nose wrinkling as he took Nevada's hand and let himself be taken away.

(( Strictly speaking, we are not all 'animals'. Most monsters would be, but there are some ghosts who have shapeshifting, and some demons have more bestial forms-- ))

I didn't ask for the Wikipedia page, G-man.

Owain, despite not knowing what that was, made a put out sound, then mentally clutched at the new information like new toys to be scrutinized and used.

"Are you going to specialize?" he asked as they moved along. "I'm assuming it only happens to the more elite hunters. And was the council's murderer ever found?"

Nyxtsuki Moon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:42 pm
"It's crazy huh. Thinking of a creature we are fighting living in a world parallel to ours in in every aspect...well except they feed from our FEAR as their resource. But yes, these pets....Some of them are cute others are just terrible." She shook her head, "Who'd think that monsters of our worst nightmares would have cute little fluffy pets..."

Leroy didn't bother to correct her, seeing as he was a reaper and by far one of the few races that was almost considered identical to human. It's why Nevada had accepted him so when she got to see him for the first time.

"Me?" She looked up a little startled, the thought never occurred to her specilize, and honestly opened a very tender wound for her. She played it off with a smile, regardless of how strained it was. "I don't think so no. I have less use as a hunter with my eye the way it is, I'd think specialization would require a full healthy working body." She nodded, looking away now, "As soon as you hit full hunter status, you can apply for a specialization. But so far it's been hunters who have been here for years or more. I'm only coming up to a year myself."

She lead him to the final room for the life labs....well at least one of the final and important rooms for him to know.

"I'm not sure honestly. They say it was Caelius of Death division and H of life division. Or it was all the leaders together. I don't question it anymore, because death is something to get used to here. Just be sure to make up for those we lose quickly." The only part of that logic of hers that was cold. When it came down to it, she had to remind herself that she couldn't feel for everyone that died. Only those that mattered to her.

"This is the weapons conversion room." She flicked the light on, letting the source touch the newly turned off panels. "Because of the lack of power, they delagated weapons conversion projects on hold until we return to our normal state. However, if you ever are assigned to bring in a subject, this is where you would. It's a painful process, and the subject loses most of their memories. Reformed as a tablet and placed down in the cove until its waited partner." She flicked the light off, "Do you want to see anywhere else?"

Ol-j-Man

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:37 pm
Subject appears strained at the mention of specialization. Possible feelings of inadequacy either brought about or heightened by loss of eye. Reserved about opening up to strangers, especially at the mention of even casual relationships, but a self-professed "cuddler". Desensitized somewhat to death (soldier's thinking). Twin. Possible identity issues forthcoming.

Jack made these mental notes while listening, ever the multitasker. Obviously they would have done away with you if you were that useless, he thought wryly. "Psychotic leaders? Sounds like a fun place, Deus," he joked, sighing a little. "Of course I'm in a division with one. Naturally." But how to approach that new crack she'd shown . . . It would be imprudent of him to miss the opportunity after all. What sort of things did his parents used to tell him before they turned into little shitfests?

"I imagine being a hunter isn't all about the physical," he told Nevada. "After all, Life and Death are centered around the gathering and organizing of information. Imagine being the one who rules over that exchange and the one who receives the newest kinds of information first--a very sexy librarian if I do say so myself~" Jack added with a lazy wink.

He was disappointed he couldn't see the full glory of the conversion room, but he did his best to survey what he could. Owain shifted about in his head uncomfortably at the mention of being stripped of one's memories, though he was mostly distracted by the sleeping equipment and how modern it all looked. "Hmm . . . Seems I'll have my work cut out for me once the power comes back," Jack noted before turning to Nevada. "I know you mentioned a minipet room, but I am . . . Well, animals are not my forte, let's just say. Care to continue our tour outside? MREs on me," he added with a grin.

Nyxtsuki Moon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:29 pm
Joke's on you Jack, Mist takes all types of hunters. They had a guy in a wheelchair. Granted Lance was probably one of the like most bad a** guys, but still. Any other division would waste her. Okay maybe not sun, because sun. But still.

"It's a thrill everyday!" She joked, "Of all the leaders, I think Aria and Edith are the ones with their head in the game called levelled acceptance. Aria is the mist leader-" Aka her leader, "And is very protective over the mist group as a whole. I hear she is not to fond of other divisions." She looked back at Jack, "Caelius is the one to watch out for. He's merciless. And he will kill you if you go against him." She remembered the cold snap of the bracelet that linked her and Lex's life for a brief moment. If either of them messed up....

"Well at least H is a little better than Caelius, but I hear he is more fond of the females, rather than the males." She wryly added, "I haven't quite yet met the ah...what was his nickname? Silver fox." She snapped her finger.

"It helps a great deal." She rolled her eye at him, "Trust me when I say this handsome, I spend a lot of time in the labs but when I get on the field, it's a whole different level. And when we are on the field is the time i worry about the most." She waited, "And before you say anything, You will go out on the field, often."

She laughed and then looked over at him again, was he encouraging her? How sweet. "You must be talking about Ami then. I knew I forgot a specialization. Ami is going to be your next source to hit up handsome. Especially if you like pretty strawberry blonde librarians."

"I don't mind, Since your helping me, my time is a little more free today." She closed the conversion room, heading back down and out of the life labs. "You play sports handsome? With your height, I'd assume they'd recruit you for basketball or football." A competitive gleam caught in her eye.

Ol-j-Man

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:02 pm
Silver fox and a sexy Ami? He snorted; maybe if the latter got that stick out of her a**, though he made a note to ask after her again later. "I meant you, sweet thing," he corrected her with a wink. "But if you're in trouble out in the field--well, I know Moons are better at protection, but I'll rush to your aid if you call, of course~"

Following Nevada out, he pocketed a hand and checked to make sure the files under his arm weren't slipping. "Sports? I was recruited on a basketball scholarship, actually," he told her with a proud look. "American football...doesn't have the right finesse for me. Why?" He grinned. "Do I detect a challenge from the little miss?"

Nytsuki Moon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:05 pm
"Flattery again Jack." She smiled over at him, genuinely appreciating the image of the sexy librarian on her. Though the best she did in libraries was sleep. She loved to read, just...had to have the mood and stamina for it. "but if that's what you are into, I am sure one day I can saunter around as a quiet little librarian." She was joking of course, seeing as she didn't saunter around as anything but herself.

"Ah Jack, You keep this flattery up and I will have to keep you. All these compliments and declarations and we haven't even made it to lunch." She batted her eyelashes. "Really? So you made it to college before they got you!" She seemed genuinely interested now, since her college career only lasted 6 months, and it had been on a dancing not really...academic things.

"I enjoy football for the rugged atmosphere, close contact and team bond but Basketball..." She sighed happily, "I love the tightness finesse of basketball, the speed and change in the game." She looked over to him, thinking of her game that she had played with Dylon. "I bet I can whoop you, any day, any time." Not that she was, yeah she was bragging.

Ol-j-Man

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:54 pm
"Ah, I can't help myself around a woman like you~" he answered easily, chuckling. "I did make it in college for a while before they knocked, yes. Bio-engineering major." Then there was the whole dropping out part, but who really needed to know that?

Jack looked terribly amused at her spunk, not for one moment believing the girl could beat him head to head. "Sounds like you want to test that theory," he said lazily. "Well, I'm game if you are, sweet thing~ I too, enjoy the 'tightness' and 'finesse'--and might I say, a little bit of contact in this case."

Nyxtsuki Moon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:11 pm
"I must be your type then." She laughed, "Do you have a type Jack?" She teased again, briefly wondering if he was a flirt to all the ladies. "Wow, so you'll feel right at home in Life. It must've been fate. Mine was for ballet, and after 6 months, I quit and went searching for my twin. Needless to say, it was a quick search when they found me."

Her head turned to give him a sly smile now. "Any time, handsome. I'm all for competitive games. Especially since we don't have much else to do on the Island." She looked down at her dress though before sighing. "Unfortunately, with my attire, I think it would be super unflattering and ladylike of me to play. Dresses may allow free movement, but one shift in the wind and You'll be seeing more of me than I usually allow on the first meeting."

She thought of Dylon again, and their brief but very satisfying contact. She didn't know why, but she felt a hesitation of replacing that feeling by suddenly challenging Jack. It wasn't like her and Dylon were super close...just that she wanted to be.

"I like the contact too." She said it with distraction though, thinking of Dylon...and not at all of thinking about it with Jack.

Ol-j-Man

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 pm
He grinned away, because she was his type (long hair, green eyes, almost like hers) and yet also wasn't (not enough data gathered); his bars were paradoxical and never left him satisfied. "Maybe. I assume I will be busy once the power comes back on, yes," he told Nevada with a small nod. "Not that reading endless amounts of reports isn't fun already."

Jack chuckled at the mention of her attire (That was a joke, yes? What did he care about the unflattering and unladylike?). "Challenge me whenever you please, then. I will be happy to take a break from paperwork, as I'm sure you would be." He was starting to get a sense that the conversation was winding down, and as such he had little time left to make a strong impression. Thus, he gingerly found her hand brushed his lips against her knuckles.

"Thank you for giving me the tour, Nevada," he said, and let her hand go. "I understand you would prefer to take things slow, however . . . I would at least like to give you my number." He paused, then added with a wide smile. "In case of those days I need company."

Nyxtsuki Moon

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces