so much random rage
View Results

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:18 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame
12.) Toddler tantrums. Love her but dear lord I want to sell her to the circus sometimes

Does the circus still buy babies? surprised
They had to stop. They were getting to over run by babies.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:39 pm
My sister used the "give them away to the gypsies" line when hers were little  

Ember Terran

Timid Genius

9,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:33 pm
13.) When my husband goes out to do something "real quick" with his sister and her husband and three hours later hes still not back. Guess what buddy? I really have to take a s**t and I can't because I'm stuck down here waiting on you to get back!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:18 pm
Mama Ame
13.) When my husband goes out to do something "real quick" with his sister and her husband and three hours later hes still not back. Guess what buddy? I really have to take a s**t and I can't because I'm stuck down here waiting on you to get back!

Whenever my Mom is going to call her Mom (my Grandma), my parents and I always joke that it's going to be a "real quick" call. Which of course isn't because my Grandma is a chatterbox and always has something to talk about regarding people either in our extended family or people at her church. xd  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:56 pm
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

Whenever my Mom is going to call her Mom (my Grandma), my parents and I always joke that it's going to be a "real quick" call. Which of course isn't because my Grandma is a chatterbox and always has something to talk about regarding people either in our extended family or people at her church. xd

xd  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:00 pm
14.) My husband's grandma. Only she doesn't just annoy me. She enrages me. Latest thing? She bought Alexandria shoes. Alexandria doesn't walk. Alexandria does not need shoes. In fact she NEEDS to go barefoot so her feet can figure out how to move. But no. Granny insists she needs hard sole shoes (if she DID wear shoes they'd need to be soft soled). She gets her two pairs.

So this morning we're in a hurry. I don't have time to put shoes on the baby who isn't even going to be freaking walking anywhere. So I don't put them on her. She sees her "Well I want them back"

OBVIOUSLY the shoes weren't that ******** important to you if you took them back after ONE freaking time. But no. Now shes bitching and whining that I didn't make her wear shoes and now her feet are going to be deformed.

Because clearly all those people in the 3rd world countries who don't have shoes have deformed feet. Also Olivia. She never had shoes until after she walked. Obviously she can't walk either.

I am such a terrible abusive mother.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:22 pm
Mama Ame
14.) My husband's grandma. Only she doesn't just annoy me. She enrages me. Latest thing? She bought Alexandria shoes. Alexandria doesn't walk. Alexandria does not need shoes. In fact she NEEDS to go barefoot so her feet can figure out how to move. But no. Granny insists she needs hard sole shoes (if she DID wear shoes they'd need to be soft soled). She gets her two pairs.

So this morning we're in a hurry. I don't have time to put shoes on the baby who isn't even going to be freaking walking anywhere. So I don't put them on her. She sees her "Well I want them back"

OBVIOUSLY the shoes weren't that ******** important to you if you took them back after ONE freaking time. But no. Now shes bitching and whining that I didn't make her wear shoes and now her feet are going to be deformed.

Because clearly all those people in the 3rd world countries who don't have shoes have deformed feet. Also Olivia. She never had shoes until after she walked. Obviously she can't walk either.

Wow...the only things babies need on their feet is socks if it's cold. Her feet won't get deformed because she's not walking and therefore not putting pressure on them. That's the dumbest thing I've heard, lol. Socks or soft booties when it's cold, barefoot when it's warm. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:42 am
Mama Ame

That's okay. I'm a terrible, abusive friend.

We can be terrible and abusive together.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:11 pm
13 Mockingjay
Mama Ame

Wow...the only things babies need on their feet is socks if it's cold. Her feet won't get deformed because she's not walking and therefore not putting pressure on them. That's the dumbest thing I've heard, lol. Socks or soft booties when it's cold, barefoot when it's warm. 3nodding

Ditto.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:42 pm
circumcism really dose help boys.1. it's done to babies because it hurts a lot more if you wait till their older
2. it makes it easier for them to clean themselves because they don't have to lift up excess skin its healthier.  

dream angel 176

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:57 pm
dream angel 176
circumcism really dose help boys.1. it's done to babies because it hurts a lot more if you wait till their older
2. it makes it easier for them to clean themselves because they don't have to lift up excess skin its healthier.

There are pros and cons to circ'd and uncirc'd.

That said, it is not difficult for a male to take the time to draw the skin back and cleanse the area on a regular basis to prevent infection (both for themselves and their partner). I've heard that the glans are more sensitive on uncircumsized males, and I imagine most men would prefer the trade-off. However, since the procedure is done during infancy, the choice is never theirs.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:56 pm
www.thewholenetwork.com <---best site for info. I'll look up links to go with all my points tomorrow. Right now its 2 AM and I'm too tired to do so.

Circumcision is a unnecessary procedure. It doesn't help. The chances of a rare complication from being an uncircumcised male? Extremely low. Chances of a complication due to surgery? Much higher. Babies can and do die from having it done.

"But he might get a urinary tract infection!" The chances of a female getting a UTI are MUCH higher. Does that mean I'm going to go get myself and my daughters circumcised? Nope. Oh yeah. It's illegal. Infact its called female genitial mutilate. MUTILATION. Why is one gender protected but the other not?

"Well female circumcision is different!" You're right. Most female circumcision doesn't even consist of removal of any tissue. The most common female circumsiion is where they stick a needle into the clitioris to draw out some of the blood to make it less sensitive. Is it okay? No. Not at all. But saying that's terrible and male circumcision is okay seems a bit messed up to me. Neither is okay.

"Well its better to get it done as a baby so he doesn't remember it as an adult."

You know MOST other countries (aside from places in the middle east and where its for religious purposes) males are not circumcised? Take Great Britain for example. The circumcision rate is extremely low. Pretty sure all their penises are okay.

"Its weird and gross looking!"

Its a p***s. Its not supposed to be pretty. And its not weird and gross. Its natural. That's how its SUPPOSED to look.

"Well my husband is circumcised. So I want him to look like him"

WHY? Seriously that's my first question to that. WHY do you want your (hypothetical)son's p***s to match your husbands? That's just strange to me. And what else? If your husband (hypothetical) had tatttoos would you get the baby tattoos so he could match? No. No you wouldn't.

"Its harder to care for"

Nope. As a baby you do not retract the foreskin. The foreskin doesn't retract until the child is older. You clean what you see. Once the child is older he can pull back the foreskin to wash. And I have yet to meet a male who doesn't want to spend the extra couple seconds in the shower with his p***s. In fact most probably go a bit longer.

"Well my baby got it done and it didn't even phase him!"

When a baby doesn't cry during circumcision its not because it didn't phase him. Its because hes gone into shock. My aunt works in a hospital and they won't let the baby boys eat several hours prior to the procedure because they end up screaming so hard they throw up. The removal of the foreskin is like ripping off your entire finger nail, not just the top but the entire nail. This is done on a newborn baby without any numbing agent whatsoever. Hes strapped down and restrained and has this done to him.

"Well my baby DID need a circumcision or he would have died!"

In the very rare instances that this does happen I'm fine with it. I'm also fine with an adult consenting male having it done. If the baby is dying and actually needs it done that's 100% understandable. Save your babies life. If its an adult male and its his choice well...

When it comes down to the whole nitty gritty of the situation its this

Its HIS body and its HIS choice.

Let's say this again. ITS HIS BODY AND ITS HIS CHOICE.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:11 am
15.) Being told that my perfectly healthy thriving 8 month old needs to switch to formula. Because obviously my breast milk isn't good enough for her. She NEEDS the formula. How will she ever survive without formula? ALL babies NEED formula. Who cares that your body produces a substance that is custom made for babies and is supposed to meet all their nutritional needs? No! Formula is where its at. Obviously all those centuries where we didn't have formula we were on the brink of extinction.

*Note: If a mother has to formula feed or if she chooses it that's fine. Its telling a mother who is happy with breastfeeding who is doing good with breastfeeding that she needs to add formula is what irritates me*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:37 am
Mama Ame
ITS HIS BODY AND ITS HIS CHOICE.

THANK.

See also: Amen.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100