Submit

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:23 pm
Porter paused and blinked for a moment, "Well maybe I don't want to track in dirt because I don't want to have to clean it up later," the male teased back. His expression softened as she started talking about her daughter. It sounded like she really loved her daughter, but Pastela seemed sad about it as well.

Porter did not mean to bring up more painful things. It made him think of his own pain though, from having a mother who hardly cared about him. This woman obviously cared about her child. "That sounds pretty amazing..." He replied, but he wasn't just talking about the miracle though, he was talking about the love Pastela had for her daughter.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Pastela lifted her head with a smile. "It was an unforgettably experience, one that I wouldn't trade for anything and would love to experience again eventually." She paused, then held up her hands and blushed brightly as she realized what she just said. "I'm sorry, terribly awkward of me to say such things!"

Change of subject, that would be good. "So, why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself? What was it like growing up? I myself was a trouble maker, always wondering off."  

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:13 am
Porter's head tilted to the side curiously, he didn't understand what her fault was, nothing she had said seemed awkward. Porter brushed some of the dirt off his hand and set it on Pastela's shoulder. "Its... its alright." he said calmly, it was clear from his tone that he was a bit confused. "Well I wish I could consider myself a trouble maker. I was always wandering off as well, but it is difficult to get in trouble if no one cares what you are doing." The male's brows narrowed, either from pain or deep thought. He thought about continuing, but he didn't want to make this thing about him. Pastela had been the one hurting, he needed to set aside his pain. It wasn't as if he really cared anyways, it was how things had been his whole life. "Eh, I was a good kid." he shrugged with a laugh and a smile before he went back to pulling out another plant.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:17 pm
Sympathy flickered through Pastela's expression and her eyes grew sad as he told her about no one caring. Without a second thought, she gently wrapped her arms around him and just hugged him. "I'm sorry...." She pulled away from him, shaking her head. "It's horrible that you grew up feeling that way." And she ment it; no child should have felt uncared for.  

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:29 pm
Porter shrugged his shoulders, "Well, it wasn't entirely that way, it wasn't like my dad was really uncaring. But my mom... she's a mess." He really hadn't meant to make this about him though! Porter wasn't sure how to distract her from his woes, although maybe it was easier for her to focus on his. "It's alright, really." He smiled at her, "I turned out okay. It's just what you make of the situation you're given."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:52 pm
Her concern for him wasn't even hidden and her eyebrows knit together high as her sympathy for him showed easily. "Well, it seems you learned how to be a wonderful Pae from all of it. And you're quite the positive one from what I've seen."
She placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed lightly, smiling to him. "And I can promise that while you live under my roof, there will always be someone to care."  

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:33 pm
Porter blushed at the complement as he scratched the back of his neck uncomfortably. "Aw thanks. That is nice of you to say so." The male responded with a shy smile. It would be an interesting experience if he stayed here and could feel what caring was. The male hadn't quite agreed or even decided if he was going to stay yet, but she seemed to think he was, and he hadn't denied it either. "So after this is all cleared up, you got plans for planting?" he asked Pastela.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:10 pm
"Plans for planting?" Pastela made a scrunched expression on her face as she thought. "No, I don't really have on in particular, although it would be nice to get some fruit-bearing plants as well as simply nice-looking ones."

Her eyes suddenly got wide as if remembering something crucially important. "Oh! Be careful while you work... I did have a few plants that had thorns on them. Originally they had a wooden fence around, but now everything just looks like rubble/"  

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:43 pm
Porter thought for a moment and slowly began to nod his head. There wasn't much vision for the future yet, but perhaps it would be easier once the mess had all been cleared. As Porter thought about that in relation to the garden he realized how true it was for life. He was probably going to need to get over his pain if he was ever really going to move on... and whatever Pastela had been crying about. Porter looked at her sympathetically for a moment, wanting to speak up and ask her what was wrong.
The male finally looked away and picked up something, "Ah thanks for the advice, to bad we don't have something to protect our hands huh?"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:11 pm
Pastela laughed nervously. "Sorry about that; I know some people where gloves, but I liked to feel the dirt on my hands and feel the connection between me and what I'm working with."

Wiping sweat from her forehead, Pastela shook her head. "Ok, I need a break. Why don't you take it easy for a bit and I'll get us something to drink?"  

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 pm
Porter smiled and laughed genuinely, "It's okay really. I can handle it." Porter turned away to focus on something else while Pastela went to get drinks. As he looked at the wreck of the garden he felt a little overwhelmed by the daunting task and it wasn't even his garden. Porter was trying to break it down in his head so that it wouldn't seem like one huge project buy a bunch of little ones.

Just picking up random plants and debris wasn't working for him, so he decided to start focusing on a section of the garden. She had told him to take it easy, but... now that he wasn't trying to converse at the same time he felt like he was being a better help.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:24 pm
It had taken her a few minutes to return, but when Pastela did come back she brought with her a wooden tray with a couple of wooden glasses filled with water and a bowl with cut fruit in them. Upon seeing Porter still working, her eyes widened.

"You really are quite the hard worker." She brought the tray over ans smiled, offering it to him. "Come sit in the shade; this mess isn't going anywhere."  

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:10 pm
Porter chuckled hesitantly, "Heh, yeah. Well I wanted to see if I could get a tackle on this thing." He decided it was best not to mention how overwhelming the whole task was. Porter set down the piece of debris he had in his hand and slapped his hands together to get the dirt off. When he felt as clean as he could get he walked over to Pastela and sat down. "Wow, thanks for this!" He exclaimed helping himself to some fruit and gulping down half the water glass in one sip. Working hard built up quite the appetite.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:21 pm
Pastela laughed and shook her head. "Really, this project is gargantuan. It won't be done for quite a while. But, it's probably a good thing, since when I'm finished and ready to start on the new garden, it'll be really like starting anew."

Popping a fruit piece into her mouth, she enjoyed the fresh and sweet flavors. "Oh, it's the least I could do, Porter. You're the one who's helping me with this daunting task." She looked up at the sky and took a sip of water from her own cup. "So is there anything you'd like planted?"  

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:37 pm
The male nodded his head in agreement, at least she had said it. "I guess I really will be earning my keep." Porter joked, although at the same time it was probably entirely true. "After seeing all this debris, it'll probably start to look more like a garden when it is cleaned up, let alone giving it new plants." Porter started working on the cup of fruit, and found himself something to prop against his back and lean on. "I can't really think of anything specific, I mean this is your garden at all, I don't have much experience with gardens, mostly sand... and trees... you don't have some grand visual in your mind?" He was sure there was a garden well-suited for a cottage like hers, but he didn't know the first thing about what it would look like. "You talk a lot about starting over... is there more to this then just a garden?" Porter asked her, finally getting to the serious stuff.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff