DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:46 am
It sounded better and better.
"If you go back to the Harper Hall, I think that I would appreciate coming with you." she said formally and politely.
Not untrue.
Kyli sounded well traveled and experienced. Diedre could envy and respect that.
"Do you travel often?"
But it sounded like she was stabilized.
Which would be sad. Some days, Diedre's feet ached for the road again, instead of the floor of the observatory. She wondered if she would ever be comfortable in one place.
"I ask..." well perhaps it wouldn't be too much to tell her, "because I am not entirely comfortable in my current craft."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:26 pm
          To say that Kyli was surprised would be an understatement. This girl wasn't young, to switch crafts would be a big deal. However like always she didn't show it. "Of course! If I don't impress I will be returning to the hall to get my Masters, and as an apprentice you would learn from an Journeyman or a Master so you are more then welcome to come with me." She said with a smile. "Well it depends on who is scheduled, sometimes I travel between minor holds but sometimes I have to say at larger holds for long amounts of time." When the girl said she wasn't comfortable in her craft Kyli nodded. She figured that that was the issue. "Well if you want you could change and start training with the MasterHarper of the Weyr now." she offered.

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 am
Diedre fiddled with her Klah, uncharacteristically nervous. She didn't like to be nervous.
She drank what remained to mask it.
"Thank you. That is appreciated..." She inclined her head in a surprisingly heartfelt bow.
"I think, indeed, that I would like to come with you. I would like to stop feeling as though I am trying to do something that doesn't fit at all." She smiled, very mildly, at Kyli, though it was as large as a grin compared to what she usually did. It even lingered on the face. Kindness, in spite of coldness, had such power. Harpers had that kind of power over the hearts of men.
"I would like to feel like something other than.." she frowned. The concept was difficult to articulate. "Then someone who should not belong. Someone who is on her way to being old and useless."
Emotion slipped into her voice. Bitterness?
Oh a masterharper. Here? She was... uneasy. Happy, she supposed, because that meant she could get started now learning. Uneasy because she would feel guilty about having taken up the time of these starcrafters for nothing more than a bit of knowledge and a switched craft.
"If you wouldn't mind introducing me...? " she began, looking cautiously at her companion.
Although, she was a journeyman, right? And also a known factor. Didi was tempted to ask her to teach her instead, but that was absurd. She put the thought out of her mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:41 pm
          Although she wanted to be able to sympathize with the other candidate she couldn't. She had been in her craft from a very young age, and it was her home. She couldn't imagine being in another craft. However, she could understand wanting to fit in. "Well you are more then welcome to try being a Harper. I'm sure you will fit in, unlike some of the other crafts there are so many different things that you can do it is nearly impossible not to find where you belong. Do you have any idea in what you would specialize?" she asked curiously.

When Diedre asked if she could introduce her Kyli smiled. "Of course I can!" she knew for a fact that the MasterHarper of the Weyr would be more then happy to take on a new student, even if said student was a little older then he normally had.

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:57 pm
"It's not about fitting in." She tried to explain, "But fitting... it."
It was difficult to explain to someone who had been in their craft all their life.
"For the past year I have been trying to find my path in life, and nowhere seems to... To be right. To feel right. Do you understand?"
Diedre doubted it, but it was getting easier to talk to this woman. Maybe too easy. She had heard that Harpers were good at getting information. Shenja certainly had. He had been so wily. She hadn't had occasion to bare her soul to anybody. Normally she didn't.
Was she just particularly vulnerable today?
"... I'm sorry to burden you with these trivial issues of mine, when I have only known you for a little while." she said, trying to work herself like steel into something stronger, less likely to bend and tell every little thing about herself.
Her mind wasn't that kind of forge, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:23 pm
          She nodded. It was hard for her to understand, all she knew what Harper and she fit in with the craft as well as it fit her. She was a Harper, and she had never considered being in another craft. "I wish I could understand more, but I do understand the need to feel right." when the girl apologized for telling her about these things Kyli smiled and put her hand on the other girls arm. "It is not a problem at all, plus it is likely that we will be around each other more, either if we both impress or if you end up coming back to the Hall with me."

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
(IC) Calderra Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers