Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Favorite kirby game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:17 pm
I'd go with Kirby's Adventure. Adventure just left the biggest imprint on me. Kirby games are still trying to emulate it. It wasn't just good "for an NES game." It's still a great game now.

For coop, I like Return to Dreamland better than Superstar. There's not as much variety, but the powers are way cooler, and if sidescrolling Kirby is what you want, then there's a lot of content. I never played Ultra.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:40 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
my favorite has to be tilt n' tumble

It's best when played with the Game Boy Player.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:31 pm
I wish Kirby's Adventure had been released in like the 80s rather than like '93 when the SNES was already out. Who knows what would have happened if people back then knew that the NES was capable of that.

I'm not saying there aren't other fun NES games at all, but Kirby just seemed a lot more modern than other NES games. It's totally easy to understand and play today and doesn't really seem all that outdated or retro (I don't know, maybe I'm the only one who thinks this), and it probably has the nicest graphics on the console. If it had a 2-player mode it would probably be my absolute favorite NES game.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:11 pm
16-bit Jazzy
I wish Kirby's Adventure had been released in like the 80s rather than like '93 when the SNES was already out. Who knows what would have happened if people back then knew that the NES was capable of that.

I'm not saying there aren't other fun NES games at all, but Kirby just seemed a lot more modern than other NES games. It's totally easy to understand and play today and doesn't really seem all that outdated or retro (I don't know, maybe I'm the only one who thinks this), and it probably has the nicest graphics on the console. If it had a 2-player mode it would probably be my absolute favorite NES game.

Right? They just kind of make you wonder what other NES devs were thinking. The first time I'd seen screenshots of it, I didn't even know it was an NES game. It looked too good. No large difficulty spikes either, which I think even greats like MM2 and SMB3 have. It's kind of a masterpiece.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:22 am
Kirby games generally don't HAVE big difficulty spikes or even much difficulty. That's the brilliance of them, because games like Mario now have Super Guides for people that can't play them, while Kirby has always been easy enough for anyone to enjoy while not embarrassing them by showing them how to play it if they can't.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:15 pm
Even still, it seems like that was such a foreign idea at the time. Stable, sloping difficulty, as opposed to the giant spikes that exist in every other game at the time. While everyone else was making crash bomb bosses and Death, Sakurai must have been the one guy who was just like, "why?"  

Waynebrizzle

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces