Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:08 pm
"Nah, I get someone to listen to me ramble AND I get to see some interesting underwater gardens," Lugh shot back with a grin. "I think I still win this one." The angel couldn't remember the last time he'd smiled or laughed so much in such a short time. He really did need to get out more.

"Heh," he rubbed his neck again. "Eh, they were just some young kids. I probably overreacted a bit in my explanation of why watermelons are not for smashing," he mused reminiscing. "They were probably just bored and escaping from parents for a while to cause some mischief. Can't say for sure, but might've scared 'em a bit. Haven't seen 'em again anyway," he chuckled a bit, though in retrospect, yeah, he probably shouldn't have reacted so poorly to the only souls he'd seen in a season at that point. Maybe that's why Pae avoided his home.

He gave Lillison a momentarily pitiful look. "I'm really not just a crazy, cranky old farmer, I swear." His pleading look didn't last long before he cracked into a smile again. He couldn't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:56 am
She couldn't help but laugh again, "alright, alright you win this one." They had been standing for so long, just talking and laughing away, that Lillison hadn't even noticed that her feet were starting to hurt from doing so, until now. She began looking around for a place to sit, but ended up just plopping on the ground where she had stood.

Lillison tilted her head to the side, "Like tomatoes are not for squishing," she speculated, thinking about how they had come to meet in the first place. Thankfully, the tomato she had stepped on was probably long gone before she even got to it. "It sounds like they might have learned their lesson, probably better that way, they didn't need to be destructive." Lillison was unsure if she should sympathize or join in with his laughter and she wasn't sure what to say in response to his next comment until he started smiling. "You're not old at least." Lillison teased him, implying that the crazy or cranky might be accurate.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:11 am
"Gee, thanks," he responded dryly, though he still wore a smile. He shrugged a bit, agreeing, "I suppose that was it. I mean, in retrospect, maybe I could have turned the situation into more of a positive one, maybe inspiring them to grow things rather than destroy them, but...I think, like you said, my main goal was to stop them in the first place. I wasn't too concerned with them hanging around for gardening lessons at the time," he chuckled.

Her sudden decision to sit in the dirt caused the angel to blink in confusion for a moment. Right...Naiad...legs and feet were probably not the same as having a tail. She was probably tired. He should have offered her a seat, but...now that he thought about it, he didn't really have any chairs or anything outside...

So instead, without a word, he sat down on the earth beside her, silently joining in as if there were nothing odd about the action at all. Was there really? Nope. He glanced around momentarily and commented, "You know, all we'd need is a blanket and some food and we could just have a picnic out here."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:28 pm
So much laughter. The naiad was relieved that he joined her in sitting down, easier then talking while looking up at him. "You are right, we could," Lillison agreed, "I know where we could find some really good looking tomatoes too!" she pulled up the foot that still had a little mushed tomato on it and put it across her other leg. With a scrunch of her nose she said, "Yummy!" in a sarcastic manner. She shook her head at her own silliness, "But really that does sound nice sometime."  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:59 pm
Lugh simply raised an eyebrow in response. "You know, I did manage to harvest many of my crops and put a few things into storage before the storm. My stores aren't quite empty yet. If you're hungry now, I might be able to get out a few things for an imprompu snack-picnic, even some tomatoes, with a little less dirt and foot included. Unless you'd prefer it that way instead?" he shot back with a good-natured smirk.

Let's see, tomatoes were definitely on the list for her to try. What else might he have that she might never have had before? What did Naiad normally eat, he wondered suddenly? What did he have left in his stores, was another good question. He had a couple of tomatoes and a few carrots, he was pretty sure. He might still have some pumpkin seeds, as those were easy to keep as snacks for a while after roasting. He was nearly out of blackberries, but...if she'd never had them before, they'd be a sweet treat for dessert.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:16 pm
[Eats all the blackberries before Lillison can have any]

Lillison quirked her eyebrows curiously at Lugh, "Oh?" she thought about it, she wasn't starving, though she might be able to eat a little bit. However, the idea of a picnic did sound found. "Ok, maybe just a little one." Lillison smiled and went to lick the tomato off her foot, something that was impossible for her to do anyways since she couldn't reach it. "Oh, but foot-tomato is the best!" she giggled, stretching her legs back out. She had probably looked so silly with her tongue dangling out of her mouth, trying to reach her foot. "Is there anything I can do to help?" Lillison thought about what they needed for the picnic. "Maybe that blanket you mentioned?"  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:27 pm
Lugh's face twisted into faux disgust...tainted by amusement. He stuck his tongue out and shook his head. "Eww. I promise, it's better without the dirt." He rested his elbow on one knee in a relaxed manner, still mentally running through his stores. "Okay, just a snack then. Maybe try something new, hmm?" Probably best...he couldn't guarantee he had much fancy to offer on short notice like this. Still, best be a good host to a guest, right?

"Nah, don't worry. Just wait here a moment and I'll be right back." He stood, brushing off the dirt as he walked back towards the simple hut he called his home. It, like his garden wasn't much to speak of after the storm had come through, but it was his. First he found a rough blanket and a basket, then went to see what he could add to it. As he'd thought, the last couple of un-squished tomatoes went into the basket, as well as a few carrots. Those would be running out soon as well. In a wooden box in the cabinet, he found his stash of roasted pumpkin seeds and collected the blackberries, already in their own little basket, from the window sill where they lay pleasantly warm. It wasn't much, but...hopefully his new friend would find something new and interesting that she liked and perhaps hadn't had before.

The blanket draped over one arm, the food in the basket on the other, he stepped back outside and moved back towards Lillison. "Feel free to sample what you like," he smiled, spreading out the blanket beside her and setting the basket open on the corner, before kneeling as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:55 pm
Lillison laughed hard at his reaction to her trying to lick the tomato off her foot. "I was just playing," she assured him. "I'm certain it will be all new for me." Lillison was still mostly eating lake vegetation when she went back to the water to hydrate herself. Lillison slowly nodded her head as she contented herself to waiting where she was. It wasn't long before she felt awkward and bored in her alone-ness. She stretched her head back to look up at the sky and watch the clouds move by.

Lillison's head snapped up when she heard Lugh come back. "Alright!" she smiled as she scooted herself onto the blanket he had set down and looked into the basket at the four very different things in there. She didn't know where to begin, "which one is your favorite?" she asked him, unsure of which to try first.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:26 pm
"All of them," Lugh answered in a completely unhelpful fashion. He grinned, then shook his head. "They're all good, if you ask me, but for different reasons. The blackberries might be my favorites," he said, pointing to the fruits, "but they're sweet, so we'll save them for last for dessert. Now, I can tell you about the others and you can try what you like."

Pointing to the bright orange carrots, he said, "These are called 'carrots'. You eat this orange part here," he said, pointing away from the leafy greens at the top. "They're hard and crunchy, but can be a little bit sweet as well." Then he picked up a tomato. "I trust you two have been introduced, texture-wise, already," he teased. "So, lots of little seeds, but you can eat most of it. Not the green stalks, just the red part and what's inside. It's juicy and soft, if just a little bit acidic. Still better for eating than stepping on, if you ask me."

Chuckling, he pointed to the pumpkin seeds next. "Roasted these over a fire. Seeds from a pumpkin. They're dry and chewy, but they make a nice snack when you're not too hungry. You can roast them with herbs for extra flavor I guess, but I just did them by themselves." Finally he pointed to the blackberries. "And these are blackberries. LOTS of little seeds, but they're juicy and sweet, and it's fine to eat them. Even if the seeds can get stuck in your teeth," he leaned in to whisper, "Personally, I think it's worth it."

Settling back on the blanket, Lugh picked up one of the carrots waved it at the basket. "So, help yourself to whatever sounds good!" He then bit into the carrot with a loud crunch, leaning back on his free hand comfortably.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Lillison sighed dramatically at Lugh's unhelpfulness. Well she was going to try everything anyways, so it wasn't really important. She nodded her head, deciding to try the different foods in the order that Lugh told her about them. She picked up a carrot, and tried biting it and found it to be just as hard as Lugh had told her. She looked at the carrot again, slightly dented with her teethmarks. She put it in the side of her mouth and tried gnawing on it. She was able to taste the sweetness of it, but was still having trouble getting a good bite out of it. "Hm, interesting." Lillison said. "It tastes good, but its really hard to eat." she commented.

Lillison giggled at the tomato introduction, "yeah, we're old friends by now." she added. Before taking a bite of the tomato, the juices exploded all over her chin. She should have been better prepared for that after stepping in one. "Oh!" Lillison exclaimed as she wiped away the juices with her forearm. "That one is good. Much better then stepping in it." She enjoyed how soft and easy it was to eat compared to the carrot. She moved onto the pumpkin seeds and found herself eating a small handful of those, and then had a few more tomatoes. Lillison saved the blackberries for last, just as Lugh had suggested.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:31 pm
The angel lounged lazily on his side, propped up on one elbow and still eating at a small pile of pumpkin seeds less out of hunger than the simple pleasure of the action. He'd watched Lillison's experimentation with the new foods with some amusement, and seeing that she seemed finished with the 'main course' so to speak, reached for the small basket of blackberries to hold them out to her. "Time for dessert!"

Smiling, he reflected on the afternoon. He'd found someone to share his interests and in return, he got to share some things with her too. Not a bad day, even if he had gotten distracted from his clean-up work. There was always time tomorrow for that. He still had time enough before he needed to get the new crops planted to finish preparation work.

"So, the surface isn't so bad afterall, right?" he teased lightly. He didn't know enough of her history to know whether her issues with the water were a touchy subject or not, but, he made his comment with a light-hearted tone in the hopes that she would take it as such only. And perhaps there was a note of hope as well in the lonely farmer's voice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:19 am
Lillison grinned with excitement. The rest of this food tasted so good, and so much better! She could hardly imagine what their dessert might taste like. Lillison picked up a few of the berries, rolling one delicately between her fingers. She plopped it into her mouth and her eyes went wide. "Oh! Mmmmm..." she let the taste sit in her mouth for a while before she popped in another one. She was trying to hold herself from scarfing them greedily since she knew there wasn't a whole lot. "Wow, Lugh. This is really good." Lillison shook her head, "The surface is great...calmer... and better food." she answered as she stole a few more blackberries. "You grew all of this yourself?" she asked him.

[For Continuity: I was about to have Lillison ask him to the party. I noticed that in the party rp he was glad she decided to show up, sounding like he invited her.]  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:34 pm
Nodding in reply, Lugh responded. "Yeah, well...most of it," he admitted with a shrug. "Honestly, I got the blackberries from the forest, but I took some cuttings to try and grow my own here along the fence. It would be more convenient and something new I haven't tried before." He listened to her comparison to the food they had underwater and he shook his head sadly. "I'm sorry you don't have such things normally, but hey, you're welcome to them anytime up here. And besides, there's a lot more than just this to try!"

The idea of introducing the friendly Naiad to all sorts of delicious fruits and vegetables had the angel all the more eager to get his garden back up and growing. It would be a massive project to have so many different types of crops at once but...a worthy challenge, he was thinking. And so much more pleasant to work on in the company of another.

((I'm good with that. I'll have to look back at what I posted originally, but I'm thinking that even if she asked him to go, he may have worried that she'd have second thoughts about showing up to a land Pae event with so many strangers/crowds about, and might have just been relieved that she still showed up...he may have had second thoughts himself. XD))  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:07 pm
"Oh... hmm..." Lillison stared at the blackberry in her hand now that she knew it came from the forest. She was trying to think if she could remember ever seeing it, but couldn't really recall it specifically. "Oh, you should be worried that I'll eat up your whole garden while you're teaching me how to make a garden!" It was likely a surprising statement coming from a girl of such small stature. Lillison giggled, she hadn't had fun like this, talked like this, in... maybe never. She blissfully sighed as she had her last blackberry.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:45 am
Chuckling at the thought, Lugh shook his head. "Hmm...maybe I'll need a little time to get this one going first before you eat me out of house and home then?" he teased lightly. A thought had occurred to him: something he wouldn't have considered before, so he'd dismissed it until just this moment. But, considering his new friend...

"Hey, crazy thought," he started with a shrug. "But, I heard about this sort of party thing happening soon here on the isle. Supposed to be a heck of a party, from what I've heard. I wasn't going to go before, but...well, it'll be a while before I have much to show for my garden. Until then, maybe, I dunno...maybe you'd like to go to this party? I'm sure there will be all kinds of food there. Lots of new, interesting land foods to sample?" he offered with a grin.

Honestly, the idea appealed to him as well. Who knew what delicacies might be found at a fancy party? Maybe even things he'd never seen before; certainly more than he grew himself out here on the plains.

Wolfs Heart
((Just wanted to wrap this one up somehow to lead into them going to Venus' party; we can pick up with a new RP placed sometime after the labyrinth then later if you'd like.))

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff