Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
So, Polygamy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exhaustedapostate

Shy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 pm
I'm currently in an open relationship with a girl named Kathleen[katie]. It seems to be working out pretty well from what I can tell. gaia_diamond  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:11 pm
In a way it's the only kind of relationship I can really do. I I'm terrible at normal relationships and I hate being tied down, it kinda ruins most of my previous relationships.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

Karmerruk
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

6,475 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 am
Personally I find polygamy to be wrong and selfish. Inb4 someone gets butthurt, remember this is only my opinion about it. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, or you don't have the right to it. The reason why I find it selfish is that you can't control your urges or feelings enough to keep them to just one person. You have to have your cake and eat it to, and in my personal view that's an immature attitude to have. Again, that's just my view on it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:51 pm
I've been in a poly relationship. It was fun and enjoyable, and my primary girlfriend was entirely ok with it (seeing as she had a second BF besides me). Eventually she said she couldn't date two people anymore and broke up with the other guy. She asked me to do the same for her and I did.

Still though, sometimes I do want to talk to her about the two of us being in a poly relationship again. I don't because I know she wants just me, but that's fine. ^^ Still, wanted my two cents. Poly works if one right.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:41 pm
xXSebastian RoseXx
Personally I find polygamy to be wrong and selfish. Inb4 someone gets butthurt, remember this is only my opinion about it. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, or you don't have the right to it. The reason why I find it selfish is that you can't control your urges or feelings enough to keep them to just one person. You have to have your cake and eat it to, and in my personal view that's an immature attitude to have. Again, that's just my view on it.
Sounds more like you jelly.

In all seriousness though, why even post this? Its degrading and hurtful, this is a support guild. Dufuq?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:54 pm
Blackrose_Knight
xXSebastian RoseXx

In all seriousness though, why even post this? Its degrading and hurtful, this is a support guild. Dufuq?

Jelly of what exactly? No, I am completely happy with my one boyfriend, I don't need more than that. Because our opinions were asked so I gave mine.  

Karmerruk
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

6,475 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:03 pm
As long as people are consenting adults people can have whatever relationships they want. END OF STORY. Comparing this to free love or loving little children or marrying animals is wrong and demonstrates ignorance and intolerance. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but keep in mind if you support gay marriage you theoretically support polygamous ones as well at least in regards to civil law  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:08 pm
xXSebastian RoseXx
Blackrose_Knight
xXSebastian RoseXx

Jelly of what exactly? No, I am completely happy with my one boyfriend, I don't need more than that. Because our opinions were asked so I gave mine.
In my anecdotal experience when someone uses the phrase "Gets their cake and eats it too" to me says "Well, ******** those guys, they did what I cannot." or something similar. Thus, why I think you are jelly.

Or perhaps, you are stuck in concrete thinking. Was your post only meant to be applied to your lifestyle?

What praytell is wrong with attaining cake, and then eating it? Why that use of phrase, as my experience is anecdotal.  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:51 pm
Blackrose_Knight
xXSebastian RoseXx
Blackrose_Knight
xXSebastian RoseXx

In my anecdotal experience when someone uses the phrase "Gets their cake and eats it too" to me says "Well, ******** those guys, they did what I cannot." or something similar. Thus, why I think you are jelly.

Or perhaps, you are stuck in concrete thinking. Was your post only meant to be applied to your lifestyle?

What praytell is wrong with attaining cake, and then eating it? Why that use of phrase, as my experience is anecdotal.

ive always hated that phrase  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:12 pm
i've always wanted to try one.
Eveytime i get with someone though they are never open to it ....  

Oh Asobi

Sparkly Genius

11,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Tycoon 200

The Girl Prince

Dapper Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:30 pm
While I admire polyamory, I know I'm not capable of it. It's really great when a group of people can come together and make it work!
I know I'd get jealous or too clingy to one person and anyone else would be pushed to a lower priority. Sorry to say it that way, makes me sound like a total jerk. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:56 am
Shanna66

Same. I am all "well, if I went all this way to attain cake you bet your a** I am gonna eat it."  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:12 am
Blackrose_Knight
Shanna66

Same. I am all "well, if I went all this way to attain cake you bet your a** I am gonna eat it."

yup, not much point in having cake if you cant eat it lol  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:52 pm
The Girl Prince
While I admire polyamory, I know I'm not capable of it. It's really great when a group of people can come together and make it work!
I know I'd get jealous or too clingy to one person and anyone else would be pushed to a lower priority. Sorry to say it that way, makes me sound like a total jerk. sweatdrop

That's a misconception. No person in a polyigamous relationship is greater then the other. It's like any other relationship...it's all about equality. The thing I love about it is that it pushes the limits on open-ness in a relationship. Personally, I find that many monogamous relationships have a small area of trust. By that, I mean that, being the carnal beings we are, there is a wide window to lead to cheating. In a polygamous relationship, there really isn't any fear of admitting "I like such and such, and I want to sleep with them*. You can communicate that with your partner(s) and know that, in most cases your partner(s) would approve. Again, I say this isn't for everybody...because some actually do have the ability to stay with one person, and are fine with one person. The thing I'm attracted to polygamy about is that, partners are free to come and go as they please. The other misconception about polygamy is it's all about sexual behavior; about big orgies, about sex parties...that's not always true. I mean, there are some out there that are all about the physical rub and tug...but a lot of it is about emotional connection.  

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:53 pm
Oh Asobi
i've always wanted to try one.
Eveytime i get with someone though they are never open to it ....

It takes a lot of thought though. What do you really want out of it...that's what you should always consider.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff