Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:44 am
Kimaria

Shula found herself nodding along with his words, so often and so steady it might appear she was dancing along to some kind of music in her head. Really, she just knew that's what lions did when they were listening, and she was hearing him out. Kind of. There was so much to remember with the rocks she might have let some of it slip. She got the gist of it.

Shula caught his glance with one of her own, then directed her eyes upwards. He started to climb -- or, hop. She followed, more clumsy in her pursuit of him, but gaining ground none the less.

"My mom's name is Azar," she said. "I think I like it better than Shula. I don't really care about battles. . ."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm
Hopefolly

When he reached his 'throne' he turned to face her and sat down, looking more than a little pleased with himself, all smiles and curling tail. "And here we are." He declared with a puff of pride, lifting his head up a little taller and glancing across at her as if daring for her to try and shove him. Falling from this height probably wouldn't cause much more than a bruise or two but it wasn't going to be particularly nice.

"Well then, maybe you can make the next Shula into something else." He continued. "Like the wisest lion of them all." That would be almost as good as being the bravest, or the strongest. "If you're not going to grow up to be in battles, what are you going to do?"

He had to admit the path of apprenticeship was eluding him at that moment. Kerra wanted to be in the military but it was still undecided on whether he would follow his mother and become a soldier, or choose the route his father had and become a guard. Both had their good points and choosing was becoming a bit of a pain. Time was running out and he needed to decide!

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:24 am
Kimaria

All eyes were on Kerra for the time being. Shula made a face at him and his suggestive glances. As if she'd be so uncouth as to knock down a lion not ready! What did he think she was, some kind of bully?

Snorting, Shula looked out across their kingdom. It wouldn't be until her eyes ventured to the ground below them she got hit full force with vertigo. For the time being, her mind was preoccupied with the question.

"I'm gonna be a guard," she said, almost right away. Not that she hadn't put much thought into her decision. No, no. She had put sooo much of it that she could answer right away. "I wanna protect the pride."

The real reason behind the customs and traditions eluded her at this age.

"And... do some other stuff. I'll change the rules so my sister can stay even if she's that weird color."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:51 pm
Hopefolly

His eyes widened in surprise at the immediate response. She had to have been one of the only cubs he knew who could answer that question without any hesitation at all. Why was that? Did she know something that so many others didn't? That he didn't? Was it an instinct? Something inside her that told her what was right? He wished he had that same sense. That he knew which path would be best for him. He was still blinking in surprise at her when she mentioned a sister with odd-coloured fur. Kerra had yet to see a huria first-hand, though he knew what one was. His grandfather had told him. A huria is a Firekin without the Fire. And that meant that when they could take care of themselves, they had to leave. Kerra thought about having to say goodbye to one of his siblings and had to admit - albeit silently - that it would be a hard thing to do. This was home. Nothing else could compare. Travelling outside the lands was one thing but it would surely be better knowing that the desert was waiting for you.

"I hope she can stay here." Was his response. "Family shouldn't be separated. Ever. It's important." A bold statement for so young a cub but he was a devoted member of his family (even when he was causing mischief). He didn't know what he would do without his parents and grandparents and all of his siblings. He was part of a big family and he was proud of that fact.

He swept a paw idly out in front of him, thinking of apprenticeship and family instead of the game that had previously been on his mind. "My father and grandfather are both guards. My mother is a soldier. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. But if the monsters come the pride will need all the protecting it can get, right?" And for that matter: "Maybe they can even find a job for your sister to do so that you don't have to say a forever goodbye."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:51 am
Kimaria

Shula could find it in her young heart to be grateful for his sympathy, but his agreement meant much more. Feeling sad would not let her sister stay or do much of anything worthwhile. She would need to change minds to change the rules. They could tell her the history and the reasons for everything until their voices were hoarse, but this was her sister and she should not have to leave her family. Nothing changed that, except the jaded wisdom that came with age, as Shula would learn one day.

She was ready to navigate away from the subject now, and talk of ranks was a welcomed shift. Monsters were so distracting she took a minute to think through her next line.

"Maybe," Shula said dismissively on the matter of her sister. She lowered her voice as cub's often did when discussing things adults should not hear. "What do you know about them? The monsters?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:54 pm
Hopefolly

"Well, not too much, really." Kerra replied, his own voice lowering in tune with hers. Apparently this was serious talk now and if they were overheard big trouble could brew. Or perhaps, somehow, just talking about the monsters would lend then some sort of power and bring their wrath down upon their heads. Hey. It could happen. Well, maybe...

"I heard a story that some time ago - before I was born - the Nergui monsters killed one of ours out on the borders. Someone else was saying that they have strange bone-markings and horns growing up from between their ears like--like a wildebeest." And he patted his head - on the tuft of growing fur - to indicate the spot. "And massive fangs all sharp and pointy like a cobra's." He shifted, though whether through unease or excitement at the imagining it couldn't be told. "But I've never seen one. My parents haven't either and my grandfather claims they're all cowards hiding in the mountains."

His ears lifted with an idea. "But, hey, Shula. If you become a guard you'll be out on the borders a lot. You might be one of the first to see a Nergui monster! If you see one, you'll have to tell me. Oh, and make sure they don't get you in a strangle hold." He gave a swift little nod, accompanied by a grin.

"Or, maybe if I become a guard, we might get to patrol together and then we'd be able to chase it off or bring it back or something."

Perhaps guard work would be better than becoming a soldier...in the right situation they might find themselves on the front line, leading the way.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:29 pm
Kimaria
Figure we can end this here? XD Looking forward to RP them some more! Hit me up in my thread or on AIM soon, ya? <33

A lot of lions believed the best offense was a good defense. Shula seemed to agree, and feel the best defense was just being defensive. The thought of these minatory strangers would scare her if she let it.

Horns like a wildebeest, fangs like a cobra...

"That sounds ridiculous. I'm going to ask my mom about them."

As Shula readied herself for a slide down their rock (um, it suddenly seemed high up here, didn't it?), she latched onto one word he'd used she didn't like. If she became a guard?

"I'm gonna be a guard," Shula told him, matter-of-fact style. "And you should be, too."

Getting down was a lot easier than getting up had been.

From the ground, Shula called to him "Don't stay out too late!" It's what mom would say. And, on that note, she turned and hurried back home. Last thing she wanted was to get in trouble!

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff