Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]
[RDY][CRIT] AIMI;N/A Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mojave Mo Problems

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:52 pm
I think it's a bit insulting to say that I haven't taken crit into mind, because I have. I've done pretty much all that was asked of me by you and Cheekie. I added more weaknesses, I removed things that were disapproved of or recommended against, and I laid out things that were asked of me. YOU were the one who first told me to move sword to a rookie power, and now that that's suddenly not good enough? As she is now? I mean I don't really see her as super OP. She can use a gun... and a sword, later. Anyone can basically have Aimi's power if they pick up a gun, the difference is really just starting proficiency and her ability to create it. Besides that she has the basics of a cyber mind, which is just as much a weakness as it is an advantage. Aimi may have advantages that humans don't have, but she also has plenty of disadvantages that humans are not susceptible to.

Even now you call Aimi too OP to be accepted, but how? By just posting that, "You won't get accepted, you should start over." without even saying what needs to be fixed does not help. The fact that I had someone PM me to apologize about Kailey's post also shows me that her message about "staying away" wasn't in regards to staff crits already being here, either. All I want is crit that doesn't come out as some personal attack. Your advice in that last post was to completely scrap all my work that I've already changed extensively to please you. If it's really sucha huge problem, can't you read over the changes and tell me what is STILL the problem? Before the presence of a firearm was not a problem, but now it is?

I took your opinions seriously, and I applied what you and Cheekie gave me. If there really is something that needs more work, can't you just tell me what the problem is so I can fix it without having to resort to deleting everything? As far as her powers go, I did like, everything you initially asked of me. I restricted her to one blueprint a stage, removed items that made her overpowered, toned down the robot advantages. After doing all that, alongside, generally, what was suggested and asked of me in Cheekie's crit, I really have no idea what there's left to change, so of course I won't know where or how she's OP.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:51 am
Alright guys enough. I'd like to request that no further comment on whether AIMI is overpowered or not be mentioned from here onwards. Constructive crit is still welcome on all other fields if Mo is open to it. On a sidenote, this is a reminder to everyone present, whether you posted or simply lurked:

Critters and crittees (receivers, you get my drift), please remember that crits are NOT meant to put a character down, or even sound like it. Crits are supposed to be helpful, and both sides need to be equally civil about the whole thing. Critters, watch your wording, be civil and be nice. Crittees, please take it in your stride. No personal attacks should be involved. Any complaints, talk to mori directly.

Critters, if you feel really strongly about something, I'd suggest you take it to a mod instead of talking about it in the open. Crits are meant to be your own opinion about the quest with an intention to help the quester. They can be silly or funny comments that are practically useless, but crits should not be posted with the intent to discredit, dismiss, or put down the quest or other crits. If you feel something is off, mention it, but please do so nicely and in a civil manner. Characters are babies and a love of labor. Please be sensitive when critting them. Remember the golden rule: Do not do unto others what you do not want done to you. If you don't know whether you should post it, chances are you shouldn't. Please contact a mod about it.

Let this also serve as a warning. I hope this is the first and last time we see crits of any extremely harsh degrees. There will be consequences for the next poster who tries that.

Crit receivers, you are free to ignore what critters suggest if you think it shouldn't matter, staff included. Keep it civil, thank them and explain why you don't think so. The baby is yours, you decide how you want to receive the crit, and no one can tell you otherwise, not the mods, not me, no one. However, keep in mind that your approval hinges on what mods think is appropriate for the shop. Mods are here to keep the peace and level of civility. We sometimes disagree or are unsure about a quest, but we argue about the dang thing behind the scenes until we agree, and then approve. This can take a while since we all have RL commitments and weird timezone issues. Although not all the mods crit, there is rarely a quest that is approved without being SEEN by at least two mods, especially the ones with quirks and dubious characteristics. If after knowing all this, you STILL feel a mod's crit is unfair for whatever reasons, contact me and I will sort it out.

Also, we have been fairly lax about powers because we trust everyone knows to what degree they can go WITHOUT being overpowered. There is a reason we set certain limits, to prevent godmodding, overpowered types, etc, y'all know the drill. Its no fun when you pick something lame for the hell of it and everyone else goes for almighty powers. Plus there are simply too many variations out there to put a one-fits-all restriction type of rule on powers, hence the system where mods come in and judge to see if you're on equal footing with the rest.

That said, if any of you think anyone here is treating you unfairly for whatever reasons, staff included, you're always free to contact me directly and explain your side of things, PM, IM (below the spoiler), tumblr, anything. I will listen as an impartial judge and I promise our conversation will be kept strictly confidential.

Anyone else with feedback of any kind, please feel free to talk to me too.

Thank you for reading bros, peace out and continue with life. - 3-b

msn: plasticpeachess@hotmail
aim: plasticpeaches

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

K-Zap

Lonely Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:40 am
Critique para tu!
I want to start out by saying that I like your character, story, and her personality. And I don't have very many suggestions for her-- just two.

One issue I feel needs to be addressed is her range as a rookie. Aimi is built heavy and strong, making her pretty decent in a close fight, but she can also control long distance battles with the rifle, despite its weaknesses. I suggest, perhaps, switching the point at which you get the the rifle and the sword around. That's all.

The second and final thing I feel should be commented on is her weight. You say it is a weakness, yet I can only see it as a strength, especially if she can move like a normal human-being. Not to mention, it would be difficult to move her with strength alone. If she's water-proof and doesn't require oxygen, sinking doesn't really become a problem unless it would slow her down. The only way this could be immediately fatal would be if she fell into the ocean and was destroyed from water pressure. So in conclusion, I think this just needs a little more elaboration.

Thank you for reading. I will be looking forward to RPing with you. (:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:13 pm
Went ahead and changed the formatting some more, also tried to balance, but not sure what to really mess with in that regard. Added some weaknesses/expanded on some junk I hadn't written out. Will be organizing the notes somehow, soon. I'd like some opinions on wheatehr the current formatting is at all better.  

Mojave Mo Problems

Dapper Noob

Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas