Submit

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:03 pm
Moyo followed Sayens gaze to the white leopardess with the black mask. She watched intently and kept her face passive, though found their Chieftesses desperate tone to be quite amusing. Moyo had been in this colony so long, she didn't know many rogues, save that one little male she had met on one of her short explorations to the borders. She had no idea how many rogue leopards were out there, or how many would want to join them. A rogues point of view did seem the best to look at for the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:17 am
(Holy cheese, my apologies for this dying like this gonk )

She scanned everyone, before letting out a huff. This was getting frustrating... Why was everyone so tight-lipped? "So, then, would you all be happy if I suddenly brought... I don't know... LIONS in to help us populate the colony?" Behind her, Mkorogo started to open his mouth. "I'm not asking you, Mkorogo..." His mouth closed again and the ginger-haired leopard glowered at her. Sayen walked down the steps, amid the leopards gathered. "If I can't get more opinions, I have to make a decision FOR you all, and that doesn't always make everyone happy. Then I'm no better than my father..." Surely they didn't want that, did they?

User ImageNava finally stepped out of the temples, the last visible leopard to show up as far as he knew. Gold-brown eyes looked around, before he followed his mate down into the crowd. "I propose we ask our Mistwatcher. He might have his own ideas..." He knew there'd be confused looks, and there was one from Sayen for certain. When he got closer, he leaned over to whisper in her ear. "I'll explain to you later... Fu left us a bit of a legacy besides her children and grandchildren..." He then looked around at everyone. "I feel I must make a strong point. If we are to succeed and survive, we must bring in numbers, SOMEHOW, or we could all fall prey to humans - They will cage us, some of us will be shot and killed by them for our pelts, others will be sent to live in cages at places called zoos... Where you won't know anybody and will have more humans staring at you. The more we have, the less likely this is to happen, because there'll be more eyes in the colony to warn everyone... More Mistwatchers to watch our backs..." He tilted his head. "So, if we're going out and gathering leopards, one way or another... What's taking priority, simply numbers, or specifics within the numbers?"

((*Edit* Different tactic time... sweatdrop

Green Ever After

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Club Snails

Tanakako

Safaia

))  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:30 am
Moyo watched Sayen and now the silver leopard. She dug her claws into the ground, making small furrows as she did as she contemplated things. "Here's an idea then. Have any unmated females who'd be willing go out and find a male to breed with. Some may be lucky and be able to bring the male back, while others will hopefully return with bellies filled with cubs." She suggested with an unpleased look. The idea of going out and finding a male just for cubs didn't suit her, really. She wasn't the mothering sort, but she supposed if she could help out, it wouldn't be too bad.

Worse came to worse Moyo could hand off any cubs she might have to someone in the pride who either already had cubs, couldn't go have more, or something. While she wasn't Sayen's biggest fan, this jungle was her home, she couldn't have it falling apart and loosing any chance she had at any sort of revenge or retribution for her grandmother.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:12 am
What? Lions? Even in the prides most desperate time Macaria would never image them relying on those savages. He was sure that his older idea would stick in everyone's mind. Eventually they would realize how good of an idea it was. When they did he would be ready, he would do anything to help his pride flourish.

Till then he had to make sure the ideas about lions would happen. He glanced at his sister. "I agree with Moyo. I am sure that some of our females could find some male leopards, they aren't the most hideous leopardess I have ever seen after all. Plus I heard the rogue leopards aren't as picky." He thought that if this did happen he would travel with them and see if he could bring back a beautiful leopardess for his lighter side to enjoy.

Mistweaver? What was that. He had never heard of that rank. After the meeting he decided to see what it was about. He hated not being knowledgeable. The word humans made him feel on edge. He hated those overgrown monkeys. The thought of their pride being destroyed because of them pissed him off even more. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to use other species to help them. He thought it over and decided that, as long as they knew they boundaries, perhaps other species could be helpful for the pride. It would give him some more creatures to bother, he thought with a grin.

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:25 pm
L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Club Snails

The male nodded, listening to the siblings. "I like that idea." He looked to Sayen, who also nodded. Nava turned back to them. "In fact, I think that could apply to everyone... Perhaps we should send all single leopards out into the world to bring back either cubs, mates, or both. It helps diversify things, and who knows, you may find cubs out there needing families that you can adopt into yours." He paced in front of everyone, black-tipped tail twitching. "Macaria, you wouldn't want your only mate option being your sister's children, would you?" As far as he could see, unfortunately, his and Sayen's daughters were rather... Not going for any of the boys present. Maybe they'd find someone out there in the big wide world. Which led him to a thought... He'd have to talk to Sayen about it later after explaining the Mistwatchers to her. "You should go out and find a mate, too, so we can prevent that." He climbed back up the steps, before turning and sitting. "And to show good faith, Sayen and I will send our still-present children out to do the same!" A bit of amusement glimmered in his eyes at the look of abject horror on Vanada's face. The boy'd look much better as a future ruler if he did like his future subjects and went out, too, to find a new-blood mate.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm
Jayani shifted a little uncomfortably at the suggestion that she, and other single females should wander into the rogue lands just to return with heavy bellies. She herself had only pledged to join when she couldn't quite navigate her way out of the jungle...how would she find a male and return? The white leopard's ears flattened against her skull in subservient attitude.

"Yes, there are many rogue leopards out and about, wandering on their own. Most of them have seemed quite content living their lives with only themselves to worry about..." It was much easier to answer questions than it was to come up with suggestions, but even then the questions weren't the most comfortable ones.

Still...she did see their point. If she was to prove that she was a loyal member of the colony, she should reproduce.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:58 pm
The mention of Moyo's children being her brothers only other mate options almost made her gag. But it was a good point, there were too few leopards still in the colony not related. "As much as I dislike the idea of cubs, I will at least go out and try to bring some back, mine or otherwise." She said in a strong tone, trying to show she was all for playing nice. For now at least.

She glanced around and eyed Sayen's children, trying to hold back a giggle snort at some of their faces as their parents offered them up for slaughter. It would be interesting when all the single Usafi left home, which brought an issue to Moyo's mind, "I think.. we should send out the single leopards in small groups, like, two or three at a time. It would be bad to get rid of a lot of us all at once. I would hate to come back to the temple over taken by gorillas, or worse. Besides, it's always easier to travel in small groups to avoid being attacked or captured by lions and what-have-you."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:59 pm
Macaria frowned at the idea of having his mate be his sister's cubs. That would not do at all. "I agree with the idea of all the singles going to the rogue lands and bringing back more members. While we are out there we should gather more information on other colonies and prides. Getting info on them could help us in the long run, and help us decided if we want to ally with them or something else." He was thinking of war of course, but he decided not to say that word. For now, he would keep it to the listeners imagination.

"I would like to volunteer to go and bring back more members, as well as help guard any that I travel with." Despite all his anger and hatred, he still wanted the colony to be safe. "I imagine I can be more helpful outside the colonies, then inside." Which meant he wouldn't cause any trouble in the colonies. He had always wanted to go to the rogue lands and see what was out there.

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 pm
Chimalli had remained silent while the other leopards murmured or simply stared silently. It seemed as if the colony had no idea what to suggest. Yet he had no intention of breaking the silence, not after so long living on the very fringe of this pride, so long that they now seemed almost more strangers than kin. But Chimalli would never abandon his kin and the thought of leaving had never occurred to him, for all that he was the colony's resident ghost.

Hearing his name, for that was what his title had become, he turned those eerie golden eyes on the white male, the one he remembered and knew from their chat some time ago. Though he was surprised at being called out he didn't show any emotion in his expression, but merely stood and slowly paced forwards, letting the other leopards part before him until he arrived somewhere a little more forwards than the middle.. just within easy speaking distance of the two leaders.

"Lions would not work." he stated, his voice flat and calm, almost detached, as if this discussion was not really his concern, but he had been asked so he would give his opinion. What they did with it was their decision.

"Cubnapping would be dangerous. But there are orphans out beyond the forest, we could bring them in. An alliance with another leopard colony would be worth looking into, though it would be up to you if their views on other cats mattered. So long as those that joined us respected our laws, I see no issue myself. It is fairly easy to change a leopard's view, especially those of younger adults and cubs.. After a generation or two they will be the same as our own offspring."

Noding to Macaria he added. "Breeding and bringing back cubs for the females would be a good step. Finding mates who would join us may be more difficult, but it is possible." Letting his voice drift into silence he gazed back at Nava, as if waiting to see if they required anything else from him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:14 pm
Jayani was a little...impressed? Startled? Certainly feeling a combination of those emotions when the blue leopard broke through the crowd. It reminded her that she herself didn't really know anyone closely in the colony, and needed to remedy that soon.

"I agree," she weakly agreed. "Cubnapping might bring more harm than good to us."

Still, the constant talk of cubs...she wondered if she was up for it. If she could handle it. The white and black leopard didn't think she would know unless she actually had cubs.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:06 pm
Nava couldn't help but smile. His example had proven very effective, and he could see some delight amid the gathered at the displeasure his children expressed. "Small groups would be a very good idea, Moyo. I appreciate your thoughts. And to make things more interesting, they'll be mixed company - Try to avoid siblings going together, so it doesn't look like a whole litter is being sent out at once, as it were." He then smiled broadly at Macaria. "And that is wonderful to hear, Macaria! Volunteers are much appreciated!" He then found a spot and sat down. "There is one other thing, though. At one point in time, our numbers were so few, it seemed like it was just me, Sayen, and Fu in the temples. We can't do that again, not now. My proposal now is that the newer leopards remain here, to better learn our ways. That way, when the first round returns with mates, cubs, or both, be they their own cubs or orphans brought in, we can send another wave out." He looked around. "How does everybody like that idea?" It kept them protected, at least.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:09 pm
Moyo looked round then back up at the other leopard. She gave him a nod, "That's a good idea. And maybe on some small groups travels, if we run into other leopard colonies, or mostly leopard ones, we can try to establish alliances, maybe trade members and eventually offspring? That might get us some new blood flowing in this jungle." Moyo would not volunteer herself to be an ambassador for the Usafi, oh no. And she doubted Sayen would even approve, so it worked out. There were likely better tempered leopards here to make nice with other colonies, and that was fine with Moyo. She would do her duty and go find or have cubs and bring them back. She may have been a little malicious and unstable, but she was pretty, and could play nice long enough to have a fling with a random rogue. That was for sure.  

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:24 am
Gwaredd, being new and ignorant on the growing subjects just let well alone and listened patiently. He would reside like that until called upon again. Though that didn't mean that the gears weren't turning, in fact the opposite.

If breeding had truly become an option? Could he help? He wondered slowly, he took no interest in having to breed before and figured himself to be alone for the rest if not most of his life. That wasn't a bad thing, he enjoyed his own company. More and more things flit through his mind.

He silently wished his being a rogue could pose as a greater help, but he felt as helpless as some of the leopards sounded when they spoke. So he sat, silent, with a look of displeasure on his maw at the fact that he could not truly help.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:13 pm
((Aah, I did it again ;;' *FAIL* But, I'll leave this open until Thursday, and then I'll roll from amid everyone that isn't me for the girl on the front page heart ))

Nava nodded, the smile on his face spreading. "That, Moyo, is a VERY good plan. So... It seems we've come to our final decision... The younger generation of the colony will go out in waves, in small groups per wave, while the newer members remain behind to learn the colony's ways... And while they're out there, they'll find breeding partners, mates, any orphan cubs, and alliances... If you don't achieve all of those, don't fret so long as you achieve at least ONE of those." Even if a young leopard came back with only news of a new alliance, it was better than nothing at all. "Are there any other concerns, while we're all here?"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 pm
After being called out specifically, and then having his words bypassed, the grey leopard didn't really see any point in staying. As the conversation flowed onwards he turned and walked silently back out of the gathering, his body slipping into the dense foliage that ringed this open meeting space without so much as a rustled leaf. Sinking once more out of sight into the familiar shadows of his jungle, the Mistwatcher turned and glanced over his shoulder at the gathered leopards.

For a long moment he watched them silently, invisible to any eyes that bothered to turn his way. That was, after all, why he had been given his rank in the first place. Finally, without a single sound or even a shadow to betray him, the strange male simply faded away into the jungle's interior, returning to his solitary habits. If they required him to find a female on his next trip beyond the pride, well... he was sure the White One would let him know.

[IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff