Welcome to Gaia! ::

Meardhon: Realm of the Mearas

Back to Guilds

Guild for the breedables shop Mearhdon Realm of the Mearas 

Tags: anthro, pony, my little pony, fantasy, shop 

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] All That Glitters...Yes it is Gold (Noem and Ophir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:07 pm
Ophir's ears flicked for a moment before turning forward, a curious look appearing on his face as the other stallion asked if he would allow for him to buy him some paper to go along with the ink that he had bought. For a moment he looked around, a look on his face that said he was quite interested in the idea, wanting to be able to make perfect use of the ink before he looked back at Noem, "I don't know, I wouldn't want to take advantage of your kindness." He murmured, though one could tell that the idea of getting some nice paper to go along with the special, glittering ink was something the chocolate stallion was interested in. It just didn't seem that he wanted to ask too much of his friend. He sort of shifted in place, wanting the offered gift of paper but not wanting to seem as if he did. Noem was pretty convincing though, saying that he wanted to do it as a thank you for the help that Ophir had given to him today, "Well, that does make it sound more tempting." He said, giving a smile.

Of course an even more tempting sort of offer came his way, to go to Noem's place to get some pretty paper from his private stock of stationary, "Really? You would allow me into your home?" He asked, then couldn't help but to flush in a happy manner, "That is kind of you to offer, I might have to take you up on it sometime." He couldn't help but to swish his tail in a happy manner, looking as if the idea of getting to visit Noem's place was something that interested him greatly. He felt as though he might learn that much more about his friend if he were to visit his place... though he wondered if he should in turn invite Noem over to his place. If he did that would mean that he would need to do a lot of cleaning to make the place presentable. It wasn't that it was a mess per say, it was more that it was a little on the cluttered side, with a lot of stuff piled up on most of the flat surfaces in his house, a desk covered in lots of vials of in and quills, and various other things that made his place into what he lovingly called 'organized chaos'. If he wanted to invite Noem over he should probably see about making it a little on the neater side.

"Dinner first then maybe a trip back to your place?" He asked, ears turning forward as it sank in what that sort of invitation sounded like... then he felt his cheeks flushing again as he wondered to himself if it was actually what Noem was asking him, for him to go back to his place 'for coffee' or if it was just an innocent invitation so that Ophir could pick out some pretty paper from the private selection that Noem had gathered. His mind couldn't help but to race between the two possibilities before he told himself that if his mind ran in circles any faster that he was going to end up falling over. How embarrassing would that be? Probably less embarrassing then if he were to guess wrong about Noem's invitation so he would just take on a wait and see attitude when it came to the possible activities that might transpire tonight were they to go to Noem's place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:10 pm
Noem turned back to look at his fellow coin a bit shocked, "Of course I would welcome you to my home. I would be very glad for you to come over and into...my home Ophir." He said his voice growing softer at the end of it. He of course would never as to go over to the others. He was not the type to invite himself over to another place. Though he could not help but wonder what the organized and dutiful stallion was like at home. He smiled his ears lowered a bit fairly sure that the other was trying to politely refuse him. He smiled thankful that Ophir was tactful enough to be polite and try to make him feel less embarrassed by the whole thing.

Noem bit his lip gently and turned back to the paper. He was not sure why he felt rather down that his friend would not come to his house. But in a way he had figured that maybe the better coin might have wanted to keep things more professional between them and not so friendly. Still was it wrong that he had hoped they could become real friend not just co-workers?

He started to concentrate on the paper again trying not to let his disappoint show when he heart leaped nearly out of his chest and onto the paper. His golden cheeks grew hot once again as Ophir's last set of words filled is ears. He perked up fully erect one turning to the chocolate stallion. Did the higher ranked coin actually take his offer of stationary as an offer to spend the night? Or could it be that Ophir really wanted to be friends and possibly even friends with benefits? Both thoughts started to run amuck in his head and yet he had been clear enough mentally to nod and reply, "That sounds like a good plan Ophir. I believe your house if farther into the compound than mind is so my place should be on the way to yours." He said trying to help give them both a logical reason for the stop just incase it was needed.

As he told the mare running the shop how much of the thicker paper they needed he tried to remember if he had cleaned up his house before leaving. He was pretty sure that he had not made his bed nor had he had a change to wash his dishes from breakfast because he had been running a bit behind before he had even left the house in the morning. But surely there would be no reason for Ophir to see his bedroom after all the boxes of paper and stationary were in fact in his small sitting/living room. As he drew out the coins to pay the mare he turned to look at Ophir and smiled, "I will apologize now if my house is not....cleaned. I did leave in a bit of a hurry this morning. And I don't make enough to pay for the offered maids." he said and then setting the ledgers on the counter next to the paper he held out his hands for the ink. "So what is next on the list Ophir? Do we have anything else to get or shall we head to dinner."

At the mention of dinner his eyes widen and he turned to the mare, "Excuse me miss. Is the Owl Down Tavern still open for business?" She confirmed that it was and told them the directions to it. He was grateful for her directions hoping that Ophir would be able to follow them easily enough.

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:16 am
Was it just him or were things feeling a touch awkward all of a sudden? Was it because of what it was that they were doing? Or what it was that Noem was thinking that about to do later? It really was something that he was uncertain about, they were just good friends after all, weren't they? But maybe Noem wanted more then that? The chocolate colored stallion was having a hard time shoving such a thought of mind completely as it continued to tugged at the edge of his thoughts even as he tried to ignore it, "Ahhh! Yeah, my place is a little further in." He agreed, glad for that since it meant that they would be going to Noem's place instead of his. He wanted to clean his place before having any company, Noem especially, over. Maybe after he found the time to scrape this up and make it look less cluttered he thought to himself, tail swishing rapidly behind him as Noem saw to it that the paper they needed was ordered and paid for.

As Noem apologized in chase his place wasn't clean he couldn't help but to give a bit of a smile, "It's quite alright." He murmured, after all he was sure there was no way that it could be that bad, right? At least not in comparison to his place though even if it was it would only make Ophir feel better about things, his mess of a house especially. When his friend asked him about what was next on the list, if they had anything else to get, or if they should just head to dinner he looked at the list, "Looks like we are all done, we just need to see that we get everything returned to work is all. Do we want to do that first? Drop the stuff off at your place? Or just bring it with us?" He asked, he didn't really mind which they decided upon really, so long as everything made it to where it belonged their boss would be happy.

The chocolate colored stallion set the bag holding all of the delicate vials of ink onto the counter so that he could instead pick up all of the more heavy packages of ledgers and paper, not minding their weight in the least, and left the ink for his fellow Coin to carry since they would be easier on the glitter stallion. When his friend asked about the Owl Down Tavern he couldn't help but to be curious, ears turning forward. So that was where they were going? He couldn't wait! To have a nice meal with his friend! Though instantly as he thought of dinner his mind went to after dinner at Noem's place, ever curious as to what would or wouldn't happen there. It was a thought that instantly had to chocolate stallion scolding himself about how he needed to get his mind out of the gutter. What if Noem only wanted to talk about paper after all and nothing more? He had to keep such a possibility in mind. Odd that he felt ever so disappointed in such a possibility but he ignored it, he needed to behave he reminded himself. He didn't want to be like those other idiots out there that wanted to do mean and unwanted things to Noem due to his glittering hide. He wasn't going to allow himself to become one of them, damn it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 pm
Noem could not have been happier to hear that the list was complete and that they had in fact gathered all they had needed. But that happiness faded quickly as his friend suggested that they take the supplies back now. To stop by his house first? If Ophir wanted to go to his place before dinner there would really be no reason for him to come back after dinner right? Did that mean that the other had taken his offer as one to bed him and was trying to let him down easy? Noem felt his heart sink and was embarrassed that he had been feeling such excitement that there might be a possibility that something could have happened during the conversation and picking out of paper. He had never been the type to willingly give himself up on the first date, not of course that this was a date, but he had a feeling if Ophir had shown the slightest interest in him that he would have gone all the way and done anything the other had asked. He would not have expected anything else to come of it of course. Though it would have been nice.

Noem winced a bit as he moved to grab the bag of ink with a shaky hand. He flushed and adjusted the hood about his head again. "Well we should take thing back as soon as possible. And well if you would prefer we can stop by my place on the way in and get your paper wail you can look at them in the light of day first. Then there would really be no reason for you to have to come back after dinner." He said his voice only slightly laced with regret at the offer. There was no reason to ruin such a good day with an awkward night and after all Ophir had suggested that they stop by his place firs right?

Noem with a hand free moved to the door to hold it open for the other stallion. "I am sure that even with us dropping this stuff off first we can still make it to the little tavern before the dinner rush. I have just the seat in mind there if it is still there." he tried to focus on the dinner and not about having to kneel on the ground close to the chocolate stallion their shoulders touching as they looked at the paper by candle light. He should not think of his friend like that no one as good as Ophir would think of something so stupid. The higher ranked coin surely would never even consider doing something so intimate with someone like himself. He had to get a grip on himself and not let such thoughts ruin the evening. Though as much as he shouted at himself mentally and tried to cage up the thoughts, they would not listen to him, even though Ophir would not be gracing his house that night the thoughts kept playing out different scenarios. Some of which left him feeling more than a bit sick with himself. His stomach turned a bit as he realized that he would not mind if Ophir used him and tossed him aside. Locked away memories started to claw at their bindings and Noem's hand moved up to his mouth for a moment, "I think I might need a drink of water first though." he said giving his friend a smile, "The fountain is just up ahead right? I will just stop there for a moment then we can head on back home." Looking at the handsome friendly stallion he was assured that Ophir could never be like. Ophir who had never said a cross word to anyone and was always so bright and friendly. He felt another wave of nausea, this time with guilt, of having even thought of such a stallion in such dark light. "Sorry...for this slight delay." he whispered lowering his head.

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 pm
Ophir gave a nod when Noem said that they should bring the stuff back as soon as possible. Did that mean all the way back to where they worked? It would leave them empty handed for their dinner together, which would be nice. He didn't think that he so much cared for carrying around so much stuff, as well as trying to guard it and keep it from getting damaged, while they were eating in what could be a crowded place, "Sounds good, better that the stuff doesn't get damaged or else we might end up out shopping again tomorrow." Not that he minded too much, it had been good fun thus far aside from the slightly awkward 'what would happy after dinner' feeling he had at the moment. Though the addition of Noem saying they could stop by his place to look at paper now, before dinner, made him wonder if he was withdrawing that offer. Had he gotten spooked? Had Ophir said the wrong thing? Why was he worrying about that now when he should be glad to at least know what he had really meant by his offer to go back to his place after dinner. He felt oddly... disappointed. Did this mean that Noem changed his mind? Maybe figuring it to be a bad idea? They did work together after all...

"Ahhh, sure. If you would rather look at the paper before dinner instead of after that would be alright. If I find some though, if I could ask the huge favor that you bring it to me at work? That way I won't have to carry it around during dinner. I would hate for a gift from you to risk getting damaged." He said, his left ear giving a little flick. If anything he wanted to take good care of the paper that his fellow Coin was giving to him, using it only when he figured out something pretty to make with it. He wondered what Noem was thinking at the moment, glancing over at him he found himself wishing he had the ability to read minds at the moment... then after a moment of starring gave up, knowing he wouldn't just magically develop the power.

"A drink?" He asked, for a moment wondering what sort of drink he might mean, then when he mentioned the fountain it clicked. Oh, he was just wanting some water. Oops. He gave a bit of a nod of his head, "That sounds like a good idea, I could use a drink myself." Though maybe something a little stronger then water, it might bolster his courage after all, allow him to maybe speak some of the thoughts running around in his head... though maybe that was a bad idea? As a Coin he was higher rank then Noem and he didn't want to seem as if he were throwing his weight around when that was far from the truth. Still, what if he saw any flirting as that? He would really need to be careful so as not to see like the sort that would abuse his authority he thought to himself. When the other apologized for the delay the trip to the fountain would cause them he gave a smile, "No need for apologies, we have been doing a lot of running around it's only natural we would need to stop for a drink." He said in a reassuring fashion, shifting his load of papers and ledgers so that it was hanging over his shoulder behind his back, to put himself between them and the water, not wanting to put the stuff they had just bought at risk when he got his drink.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:54 pm
Noem gave a gentle nod a waving lock of golden mane falling past the shadow of his hood as he did so. He felt his cheeks heat a bit as Ophir mentioned not wanting to damage the items they had just purchased. He had completely forgotten what they had come out for and instead had been enjoying the company of Ophir and wondering what would happen if the darker stallion had come over after dinner. No wonder he was ranked so low. Not that Noem really wanted to get higher in rank with the coins. He was more than grateful to have his position as the one of coins. "Or course we would not want to damage our new goods. Not that I would mind another shopping day I don't think it would be good to waste money like that."

Golden ears lowered in disappointment under the hood at Ophir's next words. He could just give it to him at work? So he really had not taken the invitation to come over after dinner as anything more than looking at paper? Did the other stallion only want a professional relationship? Of course Ophir would. Why would he want anything else with the lesser coin. "Of...of course I can bring it to you during working hours." He said feeling as if his hopefully heart had cracked a bit. He did not know why he had let his mind go racing with such thoughts of something more than a working relationship between the two of them. He found himself more than a bit embarrassed at how much he had actually found himself hoping that there could be more between them.

Taking a slow breath and keeping his head lowered as if he were making sure his cloak was fully covering him he offered "Though I guess...once you have picked it out you could always collect the paper on our way back into the compound. It should not take more than a few minutes since you will have already chosen the one you wanted from my collections and then we don't have to worry about anyone thinking I am trying to buy favors from you with parchment." His hand went up to his mouth at the last of his words. He gasped gently a bit surprised that he would even say such a thing. He had only meant to put out that Ophir was still welcome to come by after dinner it he wanted not to suggest that rumors about them could start. After all a gift of paper would not spread nearly as many rumors as Ophir coming to his house after the sun when down and spending time with him. He shook his head and waved the hand in front of his face, "No that anyone would think that of course. I don't think anyone would accuse you of anything like that." He said and lowered his head even more. He really need to stuff his mouth before he made things any worse.

Young foals with their first crushes had easier times talking to the object of their affection than he was having right now talking to his friend. Noem bit his lower lip as he set the basket of ink at his hooves near the fountain and pulled up a ladle that was chained to the edge of the fountain for those in need of a drink. He scooped up a ladle full of water and turned to offer it to Ophir, "Since your hands are full you should drink first. Besides your doing all the heavy lifting" he said holding the ladle out for the chocolate stallion with one hand under it to keep form spilling any of it on him. "I shall by you a mug of ale later to make up for you having to babysit me if you like." He offered trying to push pass his sudden bout of shyness. He himself would not drink something so strong. He had very little tolerance for any sort of alcohol or drug and he really did not want Ophir to see him any more awkward that the higher coin was surely already seeing him as.

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:33 pm
Ophir's ears twitched for a moment and then he gave a slow nod of his head, "Yeah... that is true, I would hate for them to think ill of you because of something so foolish." He mused. There were those that might think such things, huh? That the gifts that Noem bestowed upon him was because the other Coin was trying to impress him and buy favors with him because of the difference their ranking. While Ophir wasn't a really high ranking Coin himself compared to some, there were six others above him after all, but there were also three below him, one of them being Noem. He didn't want to put his friend and fellow Coin at risk in such a manner just because he wasn't sure how he should be conducting himself at the moment. His tail swish from side to side in a quick manner before he finally nodded, "I think that it might be a better idea for me to come over and pick it up after dinner. It would be a good way to avoid rumors starting to swirl at work then the two of us can continue to go about things in a nice, relaxing manner."

Better that things remain calm, he didn't want his job to have any stress to it. It was a nice job, one that was in his mind worth doing, it was relaxing, it could even be enjoyable if one didn't mind what could be repetitive actions. It wasn't a job he would toss aside so easily, if anything he wanted to continue at it for some years to come. As such he really didn't want to deal with rumors that he was the sort that would take advantage of those below him when it came to ranking... His ears laid back for a moment, "Best that we are careful, there are always those that enjoy gossip even if it's not something that they do because they are malicious. It might be just due to boredom and will grow from there. I don't want you getting swept up in such things." He said, giving his glittering friend a smile. He didn't mind erring on the side of caution if it were for the best. He wanted to keep Noem safe from even things as silly as rumors and gossip after all, not that he would say that out loud, not wanting to seem as though he were being too over protective, his friend might not appreciate such things after all.

As they reached the fountain he couldn't help but to relax, the sound of the water one that he had always found to be relaxing. He starred at the flowing water for a moment before his eyes then flickered over to looking at Noem who was scooping up a ladle of water and offering it up to him. He must have seen the way in which Ophir was trying to protect their purchases with his person he thought to himself. Giving a smile he took a step closer, leaning in to take the offered water, "You are too kind, Noem." He murmured before he drank what was offered to him, appreciating the help as it kept him from having to set down what he was carrying or having to get any closer to the fountain then he had to. Once done the chocolate colored stallion said, "I don't mind, ah, babysitting you as you call it. I've had fun today, Noem. I hope we can do such a thing again, though maybe not for work next time."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:29 pm
"Yes even if we are doing nothing wrong and we both know that the other is not trying to take advantage of anything rumors are only natural to spread." He said softly. It was true that rumors would of course spread anything from buying favors or being friend or lovers. It could cause trouble. So it would be best if they were to be come friends then they should do it in a easer pace and with simple hellos at work and worker lunches. Then the rumors could be lessened. It was rather humorous just how strict things could be when class came into play. Noem might be the lowest on the totem pole and he knew if others found out about his past they would question his right to even be the One of Coins.

Golden ears flicked forward at the warmth of his friends voice and his darker eyes smiled warmly as the chocolate male smiled at him. "Thank you Ophir. I am very grateful that you care about me and such thing. I will do what ever I can as well to keep you from them too. I hope never want to be the cause of ruining your good name." Ophir really was a gentle stallion, someone that anyone would be lucky to count as a friend.

The moment the cool water touched the other's lips Noem had to turn his eyes away. "I am glad to be of service to you Ophir." He said gently meaning every word. He smiled and then giving a gentle laugh lowered the ladle and turned to look back at the other, "I would be very glad to go out with you again. For work or not for work. I normally do not do much on my days off so I am sure I will be free for another outing." He turned back and scooped up another spoonful for himself. He drank his water slowly letting the cooled liquid refresh and cool his mind.

He licked his moistened lips and set the ladle down, then he knelt to pick up the basket of ink and turned to his friend, "Shall we get this back and head on to my place?" It seemed for now they had gotten past the awkwardness of the paper store's conversation. They should simply let it go. There was no reason for them to be so odd with each other. They were two grown stallion and currently on duty.

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:42 am
The words that Noem spoke, they were ones that caused Ophir's heart to skip a beat, to hear that he would actually be up for doing something that was for work or even not for work, that he normally didn't do much on his days off so he'd be free. His tail swished a bit in a rather happy manner, "Alright, I think that we should do something again soon then." He murmured, he would need to think about it, plan them a nice outing, maybe they could go on a picnic or something. There were some rather nice places to visit if one was willing to step outside of the city. It wasn't something that Ophir did often, he had a lot to do at work after all so he rarely took extra days off, not wanting to weigh others down with his portion of the work. He always felt guilty leaving others to do what was his work, not to mention that he was a little on the obsessive side with getting things 'just right'. Amusing given the state of his home.

When Noem moved to get himself some water he tilted his head sightly to one side, watching him as he drank from the ladle himself, unable to keep his tail from swishing a bit. His friend really was a pretty one, able to make even something so mundane as drinking seem as though it were something flashy and amazing. Giving a little shake of his head to clear that line of thought, trying to keep his thoughts rolling along the lines of friends. He didn't want to embarrass his friend with thoughts that weren't quite appropriate for their current relationship he told himself. When Noem moved to scoop up the basket of inks once more he gave a smile and a nod, "Yeah, let's get going." He said, giving a smile.

A short time later the two of them were once more on their way, heading for Noem's place, with their various purchases in toe, "Since I am going to be stopping by after dinner I hope it's alright that I leave my vial of ink at your place? Best to keep it with the others for now so that it will be safe and secure." He didn't want to bring it with them after all, not only because he didn't have any of the supplies needed to actually make use of the ink but more importantly because he would much rather chat with Noem. It would appear from the look on his friend's face that they had finally gotten over that rather awkward hurdle and were once more talking normally. It was something that he was glad for, he didn't want to lose his friend over a misunderstanding over words that had been misinterpreted on both sides. Shifting the heavy work load that he was carrying at the moment to one hand he reached out to take the basket of inks from Noem when they got close to his place, "There you go, I figure you would want your hands free so you can open your door." He said, explaining why he was taking the inks. He didn't want for Noem to fret over having to deal with the inks as well as unlock his door after all, might as well save the glittering stallion the hassle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:47 pm
Noem smiled to himself as they walked, "I will always make time for you Ophir. You just let me know when and I would gladly take off to spend time with you." It was true that he had never asked for a day off. The only ones he took were when it was a holiday or he was force to take the day or part the day off. But he figured taking a day here and there to play hookie with the other stallion might not be too bad. He was actually rather excited by the idea and already wondering just what they would do on a day out. He felt so very lucky to be making such a friend in Ophir. Maybe his luck was finally changing for the better. He blushed slightly knowing that he luck could not be good enough for there to be something more than friendship between them. Though he could hope.

Noem turned to smile at his friend. "Of course you can leave he ink here. I would not want those in the archives to think we used their money on personal items or for it to get lost or damaged." He said rather glad to have another reason for Ophir to return to his place. He looked down at the ink rather happy right now. He had not be aware that they were in front of his house until he felt the ink basket being lifted from his hand. He blinked in confusion then turned to look at Ophir ready to question him when the other spoke. He chuckled softly. "Oh yes of corse. I will hurry and open it so you can set things down." he reached into the pouch at his hip to pull free a key.

Once freed he opened the door to his small two bedroom home. It was not fancy by any means. To the left was a small kitchen, messy as promised, the counters as a couple days worth of dishes on them and the pantry door was partly open. Even though Noem ate with the others in a dinning hall most days he did keep stalked up with snacks and some food for when he did not leave the house. The main room was mostly bare with a small rug near a fireplace and two large tables, one of which was stacked with ledgers and papers and various jars and bottles. Across the far right wall was a enormous bookshelf that covered the wall from ceiling to floor. The selves were lined with multiple layers of books and scrolls, some of which looked ready to fall off at any moment. Then floor by the shelf was stacked up with books as well. "Please come in Ophir. I am sorry again for the mess." He stepped inside and held the door open for the other coin. Taking the basket of inks from the other he smiled, "You can just set the stuff by the door. I will go put your ink in my room and bring out my paper stores. Please feel free to make yourself at home." Once Ophir was inside Noem closed the door and hurried to the back where the two rooms were located down a very short hall.

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 am
"Let me plan it out, I will think of something nice for the two of us to do next time." He said, tail giving a little swish. He would need to think on it, to plan out a perfect sort of outing for the pair of them, luckily so much time working in the archives had made him good at research. This time though, instead of for work related things, he would be using his researching skills on the best idea for places to go and things to do. He would make sure that it was fun for the both of them, though more particularly Noem.

Once they arrived, and Noem was letting him in, he couldn't help it as his heart skipped a beat in his chest. He was letting the earlier misunderstanding cloud his mind again and it was something he did his best to shove aside, not wanting to think about it. They were here to drop off the supplies for now, to keep them safe from any potential damage while the two of them were eating their dinner together as well as to pick out paper, nothing more. He couldn't allow himself even a moment to let his mind wander or else it was going to wander somewhere that it really didn't need to be going to. After everything they'd come here was done, and their nice dinner was as well, then he would return to pick up the paper, his ink, and then be on his way home. It was a pair of two quick, simple, and completely innocent visits. Even as he told himself that he couldn't help but to spend a moment admiring Noem's sparkling hide, something that had his ears flicking for a moment.

Turning his gaze away from Noem he found himself looking around his home, finding that the way things were stacked up it looked a bit like his own place only where Noem had a lot of books and scrolls for reading Ophir had a lot of supplies for calligraphy. Various paper, inks, and brushes all laying about in a manner that seemed to have very little rhyme or reason to it and yet it seemed to find everything easily enough when it was needed. Being the only one in the house made it rather easy for him to find what he needed since there was nobody else to move things around on him. At the same time though he was looking forward to having a family in his home with him, even if he knew that little ones would likely make quite the mess of his place, probably wanting to paint the walls with his collection of various colored inks. Shaking his head he looked over at Noem, giving him a smile as he relieved him of the basket of inks that he'd been carrying, "It's quite alright, our places seem to be quite similar. We can blame it on us both being busy, working men." Ones that didn't have a mate at home to aid with the cleaning.

Moving to the side he eased the stacks of ledgers and paper down to the ground, leaving it to the side where it wouldn't risk harm, then set about stretching out, "Phew! Quite the work out, I think I am stronger for it." He said, flexing in a joking manner. As if a short walk carrying the supplies, however heavy, might instantly give him bigger muscles. When Noem said that he was going to bring the inks to his room, probably for safe keeping, as well as fetching his paper stores, he gave a nod, "Sounds good by me." He would stay put, as tempting as it was to follow after Noem to get a peek at his bedroom. Being that it was one of the more intimate rooms of the house he would restrain himself, not wanting to invade.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:11 am
Noem found himself looking forward to their day off. He tried not to think of it being a date. It was just two friends going out to enjoy a day together. There was nothing intimate about it. But then again just because it did not start out intimate did not mean it would not end up so. He flushed at the though. He really needed to try and clear his mind but it was getting harder and harder as their little trip out was starting to draw closer to an end.

That hope that would not leave him only grew as they both entered his house still flooded with sunlight. He had taken off his cloak as they entered and hung it up before taking the basket of ink form his friend. He had never had someone other than his uncle within his home and he was a bit more thankful and exited that Ophir was the first one to do so than he should be. It was all he could do to get moving to the back rooms. He really needed a moment alone to clear his mind before he faced the chocolate stallion again. As he hurried towards the back rooms he spoke over his shoulder. "Oh we living simularly then? That is good to hear. Yes being working stallions with so little time to ourselves it is understandable that our private quarters might be a little on the messy side. Though I am sure at work we are both rather neat and no one would think other wise." He ended with a bit of a laugh.

Once within his own room he let out a deep slow breath. He bit his lower lip as he moved over to the bed trying hard to keep certain images from his mind and failing. With golden cheeks flushed with dark blush he set the basket on his bed and pulled out the golden vail laying it atop his bed. His bed was not fancy though the room was big enough for a large bed he only had a single bed that was little more than a cot. He had plain sheets and two thicker blankets that were tossed on the floor in a mess. He wondered briefly if he should make the bed his ears lowering as he debated it but then he shook his head cascading golden locks about his shoulder. There was no reason for Ophir to see his room.

The golden hide stallion carried the basket to the other room and placing it in the top of one box he picked the box up and made his way back out into the main room, "Alright here is the first box." His eyes widened a bit his ears perking forward at the sight of Ophir stretching and flexing. "Yes I am sure it gave you a nice work out. You do seem very strong for a book keeper. I can only wonder to your activities outside of work." He tried to tease back but it was rather hard at the moment,"You an start looking threw this one if you like and I will go get the second one. You are more than welcome to take as much as you would like."

Walking over to the free desk Noem set the box down, "Please sit and start looking." He smiled at his friend and pulled out the chair for him before he picked up the ink basket and carried it over to the other supplies so that they would not forget it. The box of paper was filled to the brim each page was crisp and uncreased not even a wrinkle could be found on it. There was at least one sheet of every kind of paper that could be imagined.

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:56 pm
When the lovely stallion with the glittering hide returned with a box in his hands, commenting about how he was looking quite strong for a book keeper he couldn't help but to laugh, "I am glad to hear that." He hadn't been a book keeper all of his life, though the stuff he'd done when he was a child was stuff he would rather not comment on since it was all a bit on the embarrassing side. Being drafted into the Coins and given a nice, calm job was something that he far preferred to how he'd spent his teenaged years, "Thanks, I will get to digging through here, see what I can find." He said, giving a bright smile before he moved to sit down near to the box, taking the paper out in sections, flipping through it, "There are some rather beautiful designs in here." He murmured, setting aside a couple pieces here and there that stood out to him, those with flowers in the margins or glitter imbedded in the sheets. It seemed that any of the more fancy papers drew his attention as well as his desire to make something pretty out of it.

Turning to look over at Noem as he set the basket of inks, save for the one that belonged to Ophir, over with the rest of the supplies that would need to get back to work, "How about I come over in the morning to help carry everything to work." While they could bring it to work tonight he figured it would be silly to do so, they were going to be going to dinner first, staying there for a time, then coming back to Noem's place so that he could pick up his calligraphy supplies. There was no reason to go all the way to work and then here again a third time in one night when it would be far easier to do that in morning, "I will be sure to come by early to pick you and the supplies up." He would have to see about maybe grabbing them something for breakfast on the way as well, he knew a place that made some really good muffins, maybe he'd stop there he thought to himself, ears turning forward in a happy manner. The paper that he wanted he put to the side of the desk, replacing the rest of it in the boxes in a careful manner, to keep from scuffing it up.

"You have quite the collection of paper, Noem, it's something to see. Thank you for letting me go through it and taking some of it. I promise, I will make sure to make to use it wisely." He said, giving his friend a bright smile. It really was kind of Noem to share such wonderful pieces with him, he would need to see about making him something nice. Maybe he could see about writing out a nice poem for him on some of this paper with the pretty golden ink that he had gotten from the store earlier. It would look quite nice together he thought to himself, already planning on what he was going to do with his free time between now and when he was able to get the gift for Noem finished.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:28 pm
As he watched Ophir starting to look threw his collections with the content smile Noem felt his whole body and mind ease. It was such a treat to see someone share an interest in one of his hobbies. Each time the chocolate hands placed a sheet to the side the golden stallion puffed up a bit with pride. "I am glad you are finding some you like. You can really take all you like. I am a bit of a pack rat when it comes to paper." he said with a laugh. That laugh being paused as Ophir turned to him to make his suggestion. "Well you would have to come by rather early in the morning Ophir." He said moving to walk by his fellow coin to get the second box.

"You might as well stay the night then Ophir." he said warmly the smile still wide on his face. It was not until he was crouched down in the back room that his words hit him. He was thankful that his back was to his friend as he slide his hands over the corners of the box to pick it up. He was also thankful that Ophir continued on with the conversation. This caused a smirk to cross his golden lips as he turned around,

"Oh that was just box number one. I know you will make wonderful use of it Ophir I am very glad to hear that." he set the second box down next to the first one leaning over in front of the darker stallion to pick up the first box. "I am just very glad that someone will make use of them. I always feel that I will ruin them when I try to figure out what to write on them. But I am sure with your flawless hand you will do them justice. I have heard that your penmanship is a wonder to see Ophir. " He smiled with much respect to the higher ranked coin. "I will admit at times some of the other staff and I have searched the archives trying to find something you have written just to see your legendary hand."

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:43 am
Ophir's ears gave a flick when Noem mentioned him staying the night and he turned to glance at the glittering stallion from the corner of his eye. He was pretty certain that it was a rather innocent comment, they'd already gotten everything straightened out earlier, in a way at least, about where the two of them stood. They were friends, they were work mates, they were Coins, but they weren't lovers... and yet for some reason that thought disappointed him. A part of him wanted badly to pursue Noem but he knew it would look back, his rank was higher after all, not to mention that Noem had already mentioned earlier wanting to be the uncle to Ophir's children, to be called in to hold them after they were born, those weren't the words of a man that had much interest in someone. He felt as though those words alone were reason enough for him to keep himself firmly rooted in the friend zone. It would cause fewer ripples in the water after all.

Turning to look over at his friend he gave him a smile, "You honor me with your words." He murmured, the slightest flush appearing on his cheeks as the other praised him for his skills with a pen. When Noem continued on about how he'd searched the archives with other members of the staff to find things he'd written his blush spread, "Ahh... I had no idea..." He murmured, sounding more then a little embarrassed over such an idea. His writing at work, while still quite neat and a little on the ornate side, was nothing compared to what he could do when he really put his all into it. As such the idea that people might actually seek out things that he'd written out just to look at his penmanship, it was quite embarrassing and yet complimentary, "I thank you for such kind words." It only made him want to make something for Noem that much more, if his friend liked his writing so much.

Perhaps he could find a poem suiting of someone like Noem and write it out for him? He would need to careful though, not wanting to see as though he were doing too much or something too romantic, but he couldn't help what he wanted to write out for his dear friend. Lifting a hand to scratch it against his mane he seemed to be thinking something for a moment before asking his friend, "I... Noem... what do you think about just ordering something in?" He wondered if he was overstepping his bounds asking such a thing, especially since the delivery man or woman might see them together. It was a risk but at the same time so was going out together, just the two of them, to a restaurant. Staying in would be nice and comfortable, it would allow for Noem to be at peace instead of hiding under his cloak, and perhaps they could chat some more? Not to mention it seemed as though his fellow Coin had many more boxes of paper for him to look through. It would be something else to fill the time while they were chatting, though only before and after eating, he didn't want to risk anything getting onto the beautiful paper only to taint it after all.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff