Experiment || Prologue: The Landing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Maharani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:35 pm
Audrey Milesxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx★★★

Audrey sighed deeply once she reached the cabin. She'd traveled back and forth between her parents often, but each time was just as tedious. This time she'd be flying with rowdy college students, so her goal was to keep quiet and neither party would be bothered.

As she walked down the aisle and approached her seat she was stopped by a young man in glasses. He was almost her height and seemed to be the mature, scholarly type. Or, so she thought.

"Pardon me," he said brusquely, no sign of sympathy in his expression or tone.

He continued over to his seat without waiting for a reply. Audrey didn't miss a beat. Packing her carry-on into the compartment above the seats she asked, "That's an accent I hear... are you from--" He nodded his head, cutting her off.

Then, to both of their surprise, she took her seat and suddenly began pouring out her life: being an only child and the frequent trips to New York and London. She had no reason to be sharing this information, but maybe she'd hoped he could relate, or be a friend to her in a seemingly friendless lifestyle.

"I'm sorry. I went off on a tangent." She said, her voice slowly fading out. Then she noticed he was either ignoring her or very concentrated on the medium-sized LED screen in his lap.

"As much as your story entertains me, if you continue to waffle on I can't promise I'll bother listening... as for your issues, just get an au pair." He replied simply, silencing all she had left to say.

Afterwards, she made small side comments with no responses, except for the obligatory exchange of names, as Michael put it. When Jack hit his chair she wanted to say something but he told her not to. Eventually he gave her his tablet to cease the puppy dog look he was given after that. They gave the impression of siblings through their interactions. Unbeknownst to them, it would come in handy for what was to come.

Michael jabbed two fingers into Audrey's side, jolting her awake. She was about to scold him when he put a finger to his mouth. She then noted how everyone was on their toes, from the looks on their faces. This is... quite a strange trip so far...

>>ooc: It's fine Louie<<

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:45 am
User Image
Marie Mignon

Age is merely MIND over MATTER... If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Marie wasn't that troubled, compared to the other passengers. She's experienced this before... and she did not like it. The shaky ride always makes her sick, so she always hopes that they don't have to pass through any turbulence. Looks like this time, her prayers weren't answered.

Now that she's secured, she decided to try and sleep again. The gentle man beside her woke her up (as per request of the stewardess) and she was pretty embarrassed to find herself leaning against him. He was not her type of guy, so she did not feel anything but shame for what had happened. She settled down on her seat, trying to find a comfortable spot. But there was some sort of tension in the air now. The college students were all awake now, talking with one another. You could feel the tension in their midst. She saw the handsome young man with those peculiar eyes sneaking glances to two young girls near him. She sighed... how nice it was to be young. If only....

The man beside her was ultra stiff, as if preparing himself for the moment when her head falls on his shoulder once again. She wanted to laugh, but felt too lazy for it. She fished around in her bag for her phone, then checked to see if there was any message from Robert. None, still none.

She sighed again. No, she could not sleep. She just has to brace herself for the ride.

By this time, all three stewardess who had been going around their cabin had gone. Marie simply watched the people around her, noting that some of them (particularly the guys) were also eyeing her. She had to conceal her smile. Then something happened.

The college students, either because they are younger and more alert or because they're already hypersensitive due to excitement, noticed it first. Then, it started to spread like wildfire.

"What's going on?" asked one of the passengers. It took her a moment to realize that they were slowly descending. Not the the-plane-is-crashing descent. Rather, it was the we-have-arrived-at-the-airport kind of descent.

Where are we? she asked herself. She looked out the window. She could see nothing but darkness outside. Surely, they were still over the Atlantic Ocean. And yet... they're landing already?

Some of the passengers are starting to panic. An old man stood up from his seat and was going to the front of the cabin, clearly intent on finding out what was going on. She too felt some unease within her.

Why, in heavens name, are they suddenly making an emergency (if you could call it an emergency) landing in the middle of nowhere?

[OOC: Sorry I haven't been posting for a while, school work's in the critical stage right now, and I've only got time to peep through things here.]

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Cret-chan
Crew

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:34 am
User Image
Θα σας αγαπήσω πάντα
☽◯☾

==== ====
I’m scared of what you’ll say
So I’m hiding what I’m feeling

Alice Jones

Alice did not like being woken up. She loved sleep. It was her escape from reality. But hearing Louie's strangely worried and annoyed voice made Alice wonder. So she forced herself to be awake. Once Alice was wake enough, she turned to Louie and asked what was happening. The unknowing answer of her seatmate made her worried too.

It was normal for air turbulence to be a minor problem during flights. It was strange though. Alice couldn't exactly understand why. "Lou, something seems wrong..." she said while tightening her seat belt a little more out of being paranoid.
[Forgive me >< Short post]

Why does love always feel like a battlefield?
I never meant to start a war
I don't even know
What we're fighting for

==== ====
Ο θάνατος μας χωρίζει.
☽◯☾

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:37 am
User Image User Image
      User Image
      Come what may...

Louie did not like to admit it, but she is fairly panicking. She knew it would be too early for them to have reached Heathrow, that right now, they're currently flying over the Atlantic Ocean. It's an ocean, what the hell are they going to land on?

All of them are suddenly on the alert when they felt the plane's wheels descend. She looked around the cabin. Danny sat looking rigid. His face was set, like he's contemplating an answer to a philosophical question in class. Somehow, Louie thought that that look suited Danny a lot. It's usually his eyes that you notice, but with that kind of face, he looks more mature and somehow... more, well, manly.

Next she saw the beautiful lady two rows behind Danny's seat. Louie could see that the man seating beside the lady was torn between admiration for the lady and fear of what's happening. Louie remembered Jack whispering about her when he first saw her as they entered the cabin. However, compared to her seatmate, the lady seemed almost composed, like this sort of thing happens every time in all kinds of flights.

From the back, Louie's eyes swept towards the front. She could hardly see the guy Jack had been teasing during the flight. He really is small, she thought. Beside him, she could just make out the top of the head of a small girl. She was clinging onto his arm... Maybe his little sister?

Beside her, Alice also sat tensed. She was drumming the seat's armrest. Louie knew this meant Alice is anxious. She looked up to her friend's face and saw that Alice was biting her lip, a sign that she was both nervous and anxious. But who could blame Alice? Louie too felt those things.

Alice suddenly grabbed Louie's arm and looked at her with frightened eyes.

"Can you--?" Alice asked. But there was no need for her to finish the question. Louie felt it too. The plane was suddenly descending. Everyone felt it, many of them suddenly sat up straight on their seats.

"Louie, I'm scared," Alice said.

Louie hated that feeling. She didn't want to be seen as someone weak. She doesn't care for being strong all the time, but she just doesn't like the feeling when she's helpless, when she can't do anything but accept the fact that she's helpless. But somehow....

"Me too Al," Louie said, knowing that her eyes reflect her feelings all too well. "This is definitely one hell of a trip."
      ... and hell to pay.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

03. ✿ - - - Role Playing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items