Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Ogre Kingdoms Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:08 pm
My friend's brother works for GW, so he got a whole bunch of models and the book before everyone else. I checked out the Ogres, I must admit they are good, yet they are a low initiative and weapon skill army. The best WS is 5, and thats a Lord. Course the toughness and strength does make up for it. I've played them once, and I fought them once as well. The combat resolution is a killer, I fought against Skaven with Ogres, they simply could not match the sheer numbers.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:39 am
EliotJamesRookwood
My friend's brother works for GW, so he got a whole bunch of models and the book before everyone else. I checked out the Ogres, I must admit they are good, yet they are a low initiative and weapon skill army. The best WS is 5, and thats a Lord. Course the toughness and strength does make up for it. I've played them once, and I fought them once as well. The combat resolution is a killer, I fought against Skaven with Ogres, they simply could not match the sheer numbers.

Well I have a 2k force of ogres and hte below par WS really hurts you in the long run. Even semi-elite troopers of other armies are usally hitting you on 3s or 4s tops and even with the 3 wounds if you have a squad of 3 you take one out and it's a panic test and they have average leadership so they,re not that hard to beat and that's why they,re not that hard they,re really fragile when you start to think about it.  

notwhybutwhynot

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:18 pm
Ive played with worse stats & done well so stop your bitching. I take it that you forget about their magic items question It really helps them out too. & blowing the points on a tyrant dosnt hurt  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:34 pm
What kinds of units would you guys suggest that I pick up for a new army?  

Dubyamn

WellThen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:39 am
Reddemon
Ive played with worse stats & done well so stop your bitching. I take it that you forget about their magic items question It really helps them out too. & blowing the points on a tyrant dosnt hurt

He's just saying the stats.
But on to the ogre magic items, one problem with them, is the amount of point you boost your characters to. They don't seem overly useful unless you're playing a 2k+ game.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:41 am
WellThen
Reddemon

But on to the ogre magic items, one problem with them, is the amount of point you boost your characters to. They don't seem overly useful unless you're playing a 2k+ game.

And most of them seem useful for seige games mostly, or at least in my opinion.  

Drachyench

notwhybutwhynot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:26 pm
Reddemon

I've also played with a worse stats I have a goblin heavy orc and gobbo army. But the point is they're stats aren't that high and they are far from invicible if you get charged by anything that has a lance say goodbye to that unit, although that only applies to the MSU lists which in my humble opinion is the best way to go. As for the tyrant you want to keep him as cheap as possible one caracter will never even come close to winning you the game, if you play against anybody who has a warmachine and who's a decent guesser you're screwed! The amount of ogres you put on the table will help you win not the uber-tyrant that will attract any and all of the missile fire...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:27 pm
Dubyamn
What kinds of units would you guys suggest that I pick up for a new army?

Well start with a few unti of bulls, then move on to leadbelchers and a bruiser and from there try to proxy a few of the other units to see what you like to use and what works for you  

notwhybutwhynot

notwhybutwhynot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:29 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
WellThen
Reddemon

And most of them seem useful for seige games mostly, or at least in my opinion.

Well that depends the siegebreaker weapon is great for sieges but the thundermace is the bane of rank and file troops everywhere...The items aren't overly powerfull, but they compliment the list well  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:20 pm
notwhybutwhynot
Reddemon

I've also played with a worse stats I have a goblin heavy orc and gobbo army. But the point is they're stats aren't that high and they are far from invicible if you get charged by anything that has a lance say goodbye to that unit, although that only applies to the MSU lists which in my humble opinion is the best way to go. As for the tyrant you want to keep him as cheap as possible one caracter will never even come close to winning you the game, if you play against anybody who has a warmachine and who's a decent guesser you're screwed! The amount of ogres you put on the table will help you win not the uber-tyrant that will attract any and all of the missile fire...

Yes, lances (and any large strength bonus weapons) are quite the bane of Ogres, due mmost likely to the low WS. Even small archer units can cause a kill or two (if you're really lucky) if you through enough shots in there.  

WellThen

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:32 pm
Dose no body here realize that with the right point combo they become better? Cathya Blades on some of your units increase WS & I. 3 wounds help too if you didnt know stare  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:37 pm
Hehe oops sweatdrop Didnt accutally know that.  

Reddemon

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:40 pm
Reddemon, edit your post. It is ILLEGAL to give out the stats for a unit, or the BASE points cost.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:49 pm
Reddemon
Dose no body here realize that with the right point combo they become better? Cathya Blades on some of your units increase WS & I. 3 wounds help too if you didnt know stare

However maneaters are more than 80 points each which can be taken out fairly well by any warmachine (cannons anyone?)  

notwhybutwhynot

notwhybutwhynot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:52 pm
WellThen
notwhybutwhynot
Reddemon

Yes, lances (and any large strength bonus weapons) are quite the bane of Ogres, due mmost likely to the low WS. Even small archer units can cause a kill or two (if you're really lucky) if you through enough shots in there.

And with a 3 man unit all you need to do is cause 3 wounds to cause a panic test and that's never good...As for lances as WellThen might recall a certain lance charge did do alot of dammage against one of my units. Although the return attacks were a bit hard on the chargers despite their 2+ save  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff