Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Sinner's Sentiments - Polls and Wild Nonsense

Back to Guilds

A small but growing guild. We're close knit, friendly, literate, and we have polls on every topic. 

Tags: General Discussion, Literate, Awesome, Friendly, Polls 

Reply a** - PAWN
What do you guys do for a living? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Sailor Stephy

Obsessive Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:46 am
Bakery Clerk and Cake Decorator + Full-time student (for another two weeks) and I'm applying at banks now. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:39 pm
Sailor Stephy
Bakery Clerk and Cake Decorator + Full-time student (for another two weeks) and I'm applying at banks now. :3

I would really like to work at a bakery, it seems like it would be a lot of fun. How do you like it?  

Sinacious
Captain

[Pink Substance]

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:37 pm
I'm the resource coordinator for a women's transitional housing unit.

Then I work part time at a public library...cause working for a nonprofit is not...profitable. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:22 pm
Broke a** college student. I'll probably be selling plasma on Friday. emotion_donotwant

I delivered pizzas last summer but I really don't want to do that again. I have a chance at becoming a resident adviser for my dorm building, and/or an office worker at the college of pharmacy. Hopefully I'll get both and hopefully one of them is immediate cuz I'm broke as a lame joke.  

Cocoa Jamboree

Sinacious
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:29 am
[Pink Substance]

Then I work part time at a public library...cause working for a nonprofit is not...profitable. XD

Didn't you work at a shelter? Or was that the nonprofit?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:11 am
Sinacious
[Pink Substance]

It is the shelter, but its not really a homeless shelter like what people usually think of. It's a program that has to be worked rather then just a place to stay. I guess I'm just not in the habit of calling it that. lol  

[Pink Substance]

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Sinacious
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:18 pm
[Pink Substance]
Sinacious
[Pink Substance]

It is the shelter, but its not really a homeless shelter like what people usually think of. It's a program that has to be worked rather then just a place to stay. I guess I'm just not in the habit of calling it that. lol

Oh I meant an animal shelter. xD I remember you posting threads in FTRA about being excited about someone getting adopted.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:08 am
Sinacious
[Pink Substance]
Sinacious
[Pink Substance]

Oh I meant an animal shelter. xD I remember you posting threads in FTRA about being excited about someone getting adopted.
Oh, lol. In my free time (LOL) I volunteer for our city animal shelter, I facilitate rescue out.

Then I volunteer for The Buck Fund, which is a nonprofit animal welfare organization in town that does the transport for animals going to rescue, as well as runs our only low cost spay and neuter option (as of yet, I also have a program proposal on the table for a FREE spay and neuter option to low income households). They book their van and drive an hour and a half with the animals to get their fix.

Then I am on the board of directors for our local humane society chapter. (And with that I'm actually reworking the HS to be move involved with homeless animals, as they don't do anything to help the shelter...yet).

So umm, yeah. Josh tells me I have 4 jobs. XD  

[Pink Substance]

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Sinacious
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:26 pm
[Pink Substance]
Oh, lol. In my free time (LOL) I volunteer for our city animal shelter, I facilitate rescue out.

Then I volunteer for The Buck Fund, which is a nonprofit animal welfare organization in town that does the transport for animals going to rescue, as well as runs our only low cost spay and neuter option (as of yet, I also have a program proposal on the table for a FREE spay and neuter option to low income households). They book their van and drive an hour and a half with the animals to get their fix.

Then I am on the board of directors for our local humane society chapter. (And with that I'm actually reworking the HS to be move involved with homeless animals, as they don't do anything to help the shelter...yet).

Holy crap that's a lot going on. You must be extremely busy, but it's nice you do so much for people/animals. I'd really like to get into helping shelters around here out as well, but my transport isn't exactly reliable at the time being.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:41 pm
Sinacious
[Pink Substance]

Holy crap that's a lot going on. You must be extremely busy, but it's nice you do so much for people/animals. I'd really like to get into helping shelters around here out as well, but my transport isn't exactly reliable at the time being.
I am, but I wouldn't trade it. Josh and I want to move to CA and when we do I'm switching careers to work with animals. I want to do animal rescue for a living...or well as much of a living as you can do with that kind of work. lol

You don't have to always be at the shelter. I send a lot of emails out to rescues asking if they have room for our dogs. And I also work the FB pages for a couple groups, plus crossposting on Facebook has actually got some of my animals adopted. Go on the petfinder page of rescues in your area and share the animals that way. =D  

[Pink Substance]

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Sinacious
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:09 pm
[Pink Substance]
I am, but I wouldn't trade it. Josh and I want to move to CA and when we do I'm switching careers to work with animals. I want to do animal rescue for a living...or well as much of a living as you can do with that kind of work. lol

You don't have to always be at the shelter. I send a lot of emails out to rescues asking if they have room for our dogs. And I also work the FB pages for a couple groups, plus crossposting on Facebook has actually got some of my animals adopted. Go on the petfinder page of rescues in your area and share the animals that way. =D

I will definitely take a look around and start doing that then. I actually thought about becoming a vet assistant at one point, but I'd still like to finish my degree in Web Dev first, so I'm going to do that and then maybe get some school for the Vet asst so I can do the Web stuff when I'm not doing the assisting.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 pm
Cocoa Jamboree
Broke a** college student. I'll probably be selling plasma on Friday. emotion_donotwant

I delivered pizzas last summer but I really don't want to do that again. I have a chance at becoming a resident adviser for my dorm building, and/or an office worker at the college of pharmacy. Hopefully I'll get both and hopefully one of them is immediate cuz I'm broke as a lame joke.

I have a friend that has been donating plasma for months now. Have you done it before?

stefcia stefcia

Versatile Shapeshifter

Beetlejuice

Poltergeist Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:55 pm
I work as a bartender at a place called the tipsy crow. It's down in the asscrack of Downtown San Diego so I get to deal with drunk college students and starving artists. I attend college part time studying pathology and mortuary science. We're the back end of the medical career. emotion_dealwithit  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:17 am
Lucifers Oroborus
I work as a bartender at a place called the tipsy crow. It's down in the asscrack of Downtown San Diego so I get to deal with drunk college students and starving artists. I attend college part time studying pathology and mortuary science. We're the back end of the medical career. emotion_dealwithit
I have a cousin that's a mortician! She loves her job.  

[Pink Substance]

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

plastered snenny

Mega Widow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:49 am
Lucifers Oroborus

you and me can be buddies it's okay i'll allow it don't fight shhh hushhhh shhh  
a** - PAWN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff