Reply [IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]
[PRP] Hunting lessons (Mrengo & Szürke) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:20 am
"So I'm not going to become grass when I turn all green?" Mrengo repeated slowly, her lips pursing ever so slightly as she considered his words. It was at this point that she gave the grass a long, hard stare before finally shuffling out of his grasp again and sitting beside her braid. A moment's pause and then she gave the grass a gentle pat before continuing to braid it once more, her expression no longer horrified at the possibility of being devoured within the next few years.

"It's okay, we can be friends again," she said, obviously to the grass as she continued with her work. "Szurke says I'm not going to turn into you just yet so that's okay but you're super brave for letting those wildebeast nom on you," she added and offered a bright smile before peering at her braid. It was at this point that she began to carefully cut it away from the other grass strands, picking it up and padding over to Szurke where she promptly stuck it to his mane.

"There! At least you guys can be safe from wildebeast cause Mister Szurke will totally keep you safe, true story!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:36 am
Szürke nodded, waiting to see if she had calmed down and fully understood what he had really meant. He hadn't wanted to upset her at all and was grateful when she resumed plaiting the grass strands, even if she did suddenly start talking to them. Sighing with relief he let himself relax, large shaggy head dropping onto his paws as he watched her. Goodness, he really hoped he was a better role model if he ever had his own cubs... He'd very nearly scared poor Mrengo for life...

Blinking as she came trotting back up to him to plant the grass in his mane, he chuckled softly, making sure it was safe where she had put it before giving her the best formal bow he could manage while laying down. "I will guard them with my life." Smiling fondly he pushed himself to his paws, aware that quite a bit of time had passed since they had started this little expedition, and he should probably take her back to the dens and her family now... though he found himself reluctant to do so.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:42 am
"See? You're going to be just fine!" she announced to the grass in his mane and then stared up at him with a satisfied and triumphant smile. It should have come at no surprise that as a cub, she recovered well from shock and the risk of turning into grass had now disappeared completely from her mind. Whether or not she would stop 'saving' grass from wildebeast in the future would be forgotten as well would remain to be seen.

"So what's next, Mr?" she enquired curiously, glancing towards the plains beyond the borders and then back to Szurke. "What's the next challenge? I mean I beat you but there must be more!" she continued and sat down, tail curling around her legs as she regarded the older lion. He suited being a guardian, she knew he'd take real good care of that grass, it'd never be eaten by anything...ever.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:36 am
He suppressed the chuckle that tried to work its way up his throat again. But he was happy to see her none he worse for his blunder. When she looked up at him so expectantly, he wished he could delay, but he didn't want to go upsetting her family the very first time they had a 'lesson'.

Smiling he chucked softly, the sound coming more easily now, no longer walled up inside his chest. "There is lots more, but the next challenge will need to wait for tomorrow. I need time to think on it." Well, it wasn't strictly a lie.. "But for now, we should return home." He motioned to the sky above, where the sun was now blazing down on them where as earlier it had been a gentle orb far lower in the sky. "I will expect you here the same time in the morning." He arched a brow in question, hoping that she would come but not about to push her.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:43 am
"Aww...we have to go home?" Her ears drooped a little at this news but deep down she knew he was right, her mother wouldn't stand for her being late. It wasn't that she'd be mad but she would start to worry... Thus it was with a sigh of acceptance that the cub gave a nod and pulled herself back to her paws. There would be no more 'hunting' for today but she'd make sure she was ready for the next day so she could see what else he had in store - preferrably something non-icky of course.

"Sir, yes sir!" she announced finally with a mock salute and cast her gaze towards the lion, a small smile on her lips. "Lead the way Mr. Szurke and I shall see you in the morning bright and early as ordered," she continued, waiting expectantly for him to take the lead. Suffice to say that she wasn't completely certain of which direction she was meant to be heading in and as such... it was for the best that he led the way home just so that she didn't get lost.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:47 am
Why was it that she seemed to bring out another lion in his place? He felt another warm bubble of emotion try and fill his chest and was bemused by his feelings. But he was not about to poke at this little miracle too hard, the warm happiness he saw in Mrengo was so much more preferable to the cold grey dullness of his usual daily slog that he was more than content to let her sweep him up into her fairy tale world.

"Glad to hear it." he replied in his best playfully gruff Commander voice before turning and starting the not-so long walk back home.

Yes, he really did hope she came again on the morrow, it was far preferable to spend time with the upbeat youngster than to be left alone with his own depressing thoughts.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas