Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learn To Speak Japanese!

Back to Guilds

A Guild for learning how to speak Japanese on a daily basis! 

Tags: Learn, Japanese, Nihongo, Speak, Japan 

Reply Guild Home
How to gain confidence with speaking?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thejade9

Fashionable Bookworm

11,500 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:04 am
Miyu_Aizawa

Yeah. I think I would like to try vlogging in japanese. I always feel awkward filming myself but I know that if I do that it will help a lot to get feed back and I will be speaking and eventually I won't be uncomfortable anymore. I just have to make sure I know what to talk about or half of the video will be "uuummmmm....."

I'm learning Japanese in Japan, so I have to speak Japanese sometimes. I'm also living Spanish, but since I only have my husband to talk to in Spanish, I normally write a daily Spanish diary and then I tell him. In your case, it's better to just jot down some ideas (not full sentences or anything) just to work out your thoughts. Whenever people speak from a script, it sounds so fake and insincere. I know in Japanese it's a little difficult to think of things on the spot, but just treat it like you're talking to a native Japanese speaker.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:42 am
thejade9
Miyu_Aizawa

Yeah. I think I would like to try vlogging in japanese. I always feel awkward filming myself but I know that if I do that it will help a lot to get feed back and I will be speaking and eventually I won't be uncomfortable anymore. I just have to make sure I know what to talk about or half of the video will be "uuummmmm....."

I'm learning Japanese in Japan, so I have to speak Japanese sometimes. I'm also living Spanish, but since I only have my husband to talk to in Spanish, I normally write a daily Spanish diary and then I tell him. In your case, it's better to just jot down some ideas (not full sentences or anything) just to work out your thoughts. Whenever people speak from a script, it sounds so fake and insincere. I know in Japanese it's a little difficult to think of things on the spot, but just treat it like you're talking to a native Japanese speaker.

Yeah. I was thinking just write topics to speak of and maybe words that I don't know yet or forget that might be good to use so that it's there in front of me.
I sometimes write a journal in japanese on Lang-8 but usually i can't think of anything to write so I don't write often.

I think studying spanish and Japanese in the same time is difficult right? I used to study spanish in high school and I stopped because I lost interest and began studying japanese on my own before entering college. I considered doing a little self study in spanish to refresh what I had learned in highschool but It seems so difficult now. the way verbs conjugate is hard and I can't pronounce spanish anymore.  

Miyu_Aizawa

thejade9

Fashionable Bookworm

11,500 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:43 am
Miyu_Aizawa

Yeah. I was thinking just write topics to speak of and maybe words that I don't know yet or forget that might be good to use so that it's there in front of me.
I sometimes write a journal in japanese on Lang-8 but usually i can't think of anything to write so I don't write often.

I think studying spanish and Japanese in the same time is difficult right? I used to study spanish in high school and I stopped because I lost interest and began studying japanese on my own before entering college. I considered doing a little self study in spanish to refresh what I had learned in highschool but It seems so difficult now. the way verbs conjugate is hard and I can't pronounce spanish anymore.

Well, once you've studied Japanese, Spanish grammar is pretty easy. Also, Spanish sounds are really close to Japanese sounds, and certain grammatical concepts are similar too. I studied Spanish in high school too, but I've forgotten a lot of words. My husband speaks Spanish, so I'm trying to get my Spanish up and become fluent one day.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:56 pm
thejade9

Well, once you've studied Japanese, Spanish grammar is pretty easy. Also, Spanish sounds are really close to Japanese sounds, and certain grammatical concepts are similar too. I studied Spanish in high school too, but I've forgotten a lot of words. My husband speaks Spanish, so I'm trying to get my Spanish up and become fluent one day.

Yeah. probably should be as hard as it is for me. But I pronounce spanish weird now. I hardly remember any spanish though.
I kind of want to study it again just because it seems like a bit of a waste to have forgotten it all.
But I also want to study Chinese and Korean.
I've taken a semester of Chinese, but my Japanese 4th semester japanese class is being held at the same time as my 2nd semester chinese class. So of course I had to choose Japanese.  

Miyu_Aizawa

Illegitimate Princess

Intellectual Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:57 am
Record yourself like you are hosting a video blog (don't post it haha unless you want to) and when I'm alone and don't have a practice buddy I ask my dog questions/compliment her in Japanese lol sweatdrop  
Guild Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff