Submit

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:29 pm
"Yes, of course, thank you dear. There are some bottles in the cuppboard closest to the end of the cuppboards, would you mind filling that with milk and putting it in a pan of water on the stove top?" she asked the young filly as she offered her help. Her smile was warm. "Her fur seems to have kept her fairly warm, fuzzy little thing that she is. I think a nice warm bottle and some graham crackers should get her warmed up." she smiled down at the small green child.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:58 pm
Christmas Carol approached the open door with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension, the chill wind causing the ribbons she was festooned with to flutter like tiny banners. She liked how the welcoming glint of light danced on them as they fluttered, but if one chose to look at her, they would behold a pegasus who despite her cheerful colors and garb looked more like a forgotten Christmas present, carelessly dropped from a stack and left out into the snow. The fresh powder crunched beneath her hooves as she took a few steps closer, her nose lifting in spite of herself to sniff the good smells wafting out into the night.

She could hear the faint sound of voices as she drew near, their happy tones making her smile. It sounded as though a warm and happy family lived here, the very essence of the holiday season, to say nothing of the essence of her deepest longing. She had waited for so long, but no happy family had come to take her, and she had been made to endure winter after winter alone. The thought caused her to stop in her tracks, and she actually deliberated on turning back to find another place to wait out the cold. Much as she wished to venture further and be a part of the joy that she could practically feel drifting outwards with the smells and the warmth, would they want such a melancholy face among them?

Alamoraine

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Temple Takeover 200

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:16 pm
In the cold fading light of day a dark figure moved threw the falling snow. Glassy silver eyes scanned the area around her and she moved, a warm cape was draped over her shoulders but a warm inviting smell of a meal wafted threw the darkness, and it's tempting smell and promising drew Vera towards a house that was clearing open and active. If it was a part maybe they would not mind an uninvited guess for a meal or at lest some time to warm up.

The hooded female moved towards the door and from the cape extended a bright red hand to knock on the open door. "Hello?" She called in to the warmth of the house.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:30 pm
Acheron had risen from his bed to hear what the commotion was about. He crept downstairs and smiled at the baby. Another Pegasus, and... he heard the crunch of the snow outside and a rustle of cloth and feathers. He slipped down the stairs and out the door, passing by a female in a cloak.

He made his way to the pretty Pegasus mare who looked like a christmas present. "Don't be afraid." he said, smiling brightly up at her. "We love everyone, and everyone is welcome here." he'd heard his mother and aunt say this to more than one tired, cold traveller. "We have food and drink, and a warm fire you can sit beside and rest, warm beds and warm smiles are always in surplus here." words his father had said. "I'm Acheron. This is where my family lives... we leave the doors open, so mears without homes or families can come and share ours." he beamed. "Come in, okay?" he offered Carol his hand, wings settling complacency against his small shoulders.

Cydern decided to stick around, looking at the sudden liveliness of the home with some affection. She went to the door after Acheron, wondering where he was going and she saw the female wrapped in ribbons. She offered her a welcoming smile before looking at the other, the female who was closer now, wrapped in a heavy cloak. "You look hungry, and cold. Please come in." she stood back from the door, waiting for the other mare to enter.  

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200

Alamoraine

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:50 pm
Ever the unobtrusive one, Carol had shrunk back seeing the other approach the door. letting her do the knocking and the calling out. This offered her a good view of what was to become of callers and the disposition of the house owners. Watching curiously, she blinked in surprise as a young colt with wings like hers emerged and walked right up to her, not even seeming to mind the weather. His smile looked downright infectious, and she felt the corners of her own mouth twitch slightly. Though she had none of her own, she was very fond of children, and one of her favorite things about the holiday season was seeing children getting so excited and celebrating it with just the right measure of innocent wonder and manic energy.

She put forth her own hand to take Acheron's, nodding a little as she would let him walk her toward the open door. "You have a very lovely house, Acheron. My name is Christmas Carol, but just Carol if you like." She saw a mare come out and beckon the hooded figure in as well, and she offered a small nod in greeting as she drew near.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 pm
Vera's pale eyes looked over the bright mare that had shrunk from the doorway as she had grown closer and then at the young stallion who came to the door and did not give her more than a passing look and gave all his focus to the bright female. She shrugged under her cloak, Typical male, even the little ones always seemed to go for the bright females. She gave a roll of her eyes and stepped aside this time to all her and him to move into the warm house. She had a place to return home too but a place to warm up a bit would not be bad before returning to her trek back homeward.

She turned to the mare who addressed her. Well at least she was not totally ignored. She stepped forward and as she crossed the thresh hold she removed the hood of her cloak and dark colored hair shifted as she shook a bit of snow off of her head. "Thank you miss. It would be nice to warm up a bit before I continue on my trip. I can pay if you like for the food and the warmth for a wail." She gave a nod of her head a lock of dark grey hair fell forward over her red muzzle. "My name is Vera. And thank you for your kind hospitality."

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:09 am
Acheron looked up at Carol as he walked, holding her hand, back to the door. "It's nice to meet you too Carol, and thanks." as they grew near the door he looked up at the female he had seen before, having passed by her moments ago. "Hello!" he said with a friendly smile. "I like your fur. Red's a pretty color." he waited politely for her to enter the house first. "Sorry for not saying hello before. I thought she was gonna leave." he explained, his little ears drooping.

Cydern smiled at the other mare. "Nice to meet you Vera. I'm Cydern, Cy or Cyder is fine too. Welcome to the Voltieri manner. There's some stew on the fire in the kitchen, just this way." she said, pulling the door closed a little bit to block the wind.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:35 pm
Vera gives a nod to the young male, "Thank you little sir. Do not worry you can head on out with your new friend. No need to be sorry. I know how it is to get excited." She turns back to the young mare and nods, "Thank you Cydern it is very nice to be here."

She stepped to the side hanging her cloak up and following the brightly colored female towards the kitchen. "It is very nice of your house to offer outsides some warmth on this cold night."

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas