Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Literate Spam Guild

Back to Guilds

The original literate chatterbox. 

Tags: Literate, Spam, Lick, Suck, Gulp 

Reply Ladies
Alyssa's Beauty Tip Directory [hair tips and recipes UPDATE] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:19 pm
OKAY THAT IS IT FOR RIGHT NOW. I am wayyyyyy too lazy to do anymore right now.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:17 pm
Damn, a few hours too late for a combo breaker  

Xahmen

Potsy

Blessed Seeker

8,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:14 pm
I just did the sugar scrub and my face feels amazing!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:50 am
For the honey/sugar exfoliant, dumb question, but what do you mix it in? A.. regular glass or cup?  

Tenacious Travis

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:05 am
Tenacious Travis
For the honey/sugar exfoliant, dumb question, but what do you mix it in? A.. regular glass or cup?

I just mix it in a small bowl with a spoon and then use it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:19 pm
I enjoyed this.  

LeRaven

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:39 pm
LeRaven
I enjoyed this.

Thank-you~!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:10 am
Might try the honey thing later. Maybe it'll get rid of this dry skin!

Also, I wash my face once a week and my complexion is pretty awesome wink  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:18 pm
marzipancakes
Might try the honey thing later. Maybe it'll get rid of this dry skin!

Also, I wash my face once a week and my complexion is pretty awesome wink

You should really try washing your face at least once a day at night. If you don't wash your face, free radicals sit on your skin. These free radicals contribute to early aging and cellular damage. Free radicals include oils that your skin produces, dirt, and pollutions from outside.

Washing your face can be as simple as taking a baby wipe (and I know you probably have those), and wiping it over your face.

Just make sure that when you wash your face that you remove all your makeup, especially eye makeup since leave that on can lead to rashes on your skin from it flaking off, eye infections such as pink eye, and corneal ulcers.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:13 pm
Oh I wash my face with hot and then cold water every day - I meant I only use face wash once a week, otherwise it dries out my skin and I get acne.
I don't count makeup remover as washing it, either, although I only use that if I wear a lot of makeup, which is almost never. Most days I just wear eyeliner.  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:18 pm
marzipancakes
Oh I wash my face with hot and then cold water every day - I meant I only use face wash once a week, otherwise it dries out my skin and I get acne.
I don't count makeup remover as washing it, either, although I only use that if I wear a lot of makeup, which is almost never. Most days I just wear eyeliner.

BABY WIPES AND MAKEUP REMOVER EVERY NIGHT.

Also hot water can break the capillaries in your skin and cause really bad redness and an uneven complexion so it is best to use lukewarm water :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:14 pm
Is it okay to put lotion on my face? idk people made it seem like it's a terrible thing HELP ME SKINCARE GODDESS.

Also I usually just wash my face with warm water and a rag and I tend to not break out. I stopped using soap which helped, but I'd like to actually wash it as my nose gets really dried out often. Are there any types of washes that would be good for my sensitive skin?

And [lol asking so much i'm sorry] my nose is very oily and dirty. Like if you look closely you can see the dirt in my pores and i tried using those wipes but they just horribly dry out my nose [which is definitely doesn't need] And was wondering if the face wash you suggest would help with that or if I should get something to help clean them out?

Also omg just one more question, I get these bumps on my arms. They're not zits or anything but i can squeeze stuff out of them. Is there anything I can put on my arms to make these go away? i've looked it up a couple of times and people just deal with them but I can't stop picking them and I'm sick of scarring myself and looking like a meth addict lmao.  

skulI rabbit

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:15 pm
Ennica
Is it okay to put lotion on my face? idk people made it seem like it's a terrible thing HELP ME SKINCARE GODDESS.

Are you talking lotions that you use on your body? If so, no. You should be using a cream/moisturizer/lotion/whatever you wanna call it that is specifically formulated for the skin. Your body needs different care than your face. A good drug store brand that I only recently stopped using was the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizer w/ SPF 15. It is a little pricier for being a drugstore brand, but it is probably one of the best ones I have tried.

Quote:
Also I usually just wash my face with warm water and a rag and I tend to not break out. I stopped using soap which helped, but I'd like to actually wash it as my nose gets really dried out often. Are there any types of washes that would be good for my sensitive skin?

And [lol asking so much i'm sorry] my nose is very oily and dirty. Like if you look closely you can see the dirt in my pores and i tried using those wipes but they just horribly dry out my nose [which is definitely doesn't need] And was wondering if the face wash you suggest would help with that or if I should get something to help clean them out?

If you're willing to drop the money, Boscia has great products. I would recommend getting their travel kit since it has small bottles of everything you would need so you can try it out. Everything is paraben/dye/artificial fragrance free, which is perfect for sensitive skin. I suggest purchasing it at a Sephora store if one is around you because if you don't enjoy it, you can always return it with your receipt for a refund. If not, my go to brand drugstore wise is Aveeno. You could try their Pore Purifying Facial Wash.

With whatever you decide to get, make sure it is always sulfate-free and oil-free. Also, make sure it doesn't make your skin feel taut and tight because that means it is drying out your skin.

As for your pores looking dirty, mine nearly always look like they have dirt in them, but they don't because it's even after I freshly wash my face. My pores are just naturally like that, as your's probably are too.

Quote:
Also omg just one more question, I get these bumps on my arms. They're not zits or anything but i can squeeze stuff out of them. Is there anything I can put on my arms to make these go away? i've looked it up a couple of times and people just deal with them but I can't stop picking them and I'm sick of scarring myself and looking like a meth addict lmao.

Don't pick them. Don't pick anything ever. That can lead to infections and other not fun stuff.

Anyways, there are a few different possibilities of what they are caused by. One, is that even though they aren't pimples/ance, they can still be acne related. The name escapes me, but it is a common condition with people who deal with acne, but is not limited to them. It's basically a dead build up of skin cells around the hair follicle which in turn becomes irritated. To stop this, you can exfoliate really well in the shower with a loofah, and then apply AmLactin.

A second possible reason for it is that they could be hormonal. I know there are prescriptions for it if it hormonal.

Best suggestion from me would be to go to the doctor and see what's up if it really bugs you, but if I find anything else on it I'll let you know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:24 am
When I do the hot water wash, I run a washcloth under hot water, wring it out, and just put it on my face for a minute, kind of like steam. Then I splash cold water on my face.  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:46 am
For the honey/sugar exfoliation, do you take it right off or leave it on for a while?  
Ladies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff