View Results

Kiana Kurruptt

Beloved Lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:45 am
Amadeus McNinja
Kiana Kurruptt
Amadeus McNinja
Kiana Kurruptt
over all I loved the episode I only have one criticism. In the 2 parter with the weeping angels they we're sucked into the crack shouldn't they have ceased to exist like the doctor said. Or because he restarted the universe are they back

That was just those particular angels.
Also, these were fake angels.
But A. they said all the angels were there and B. even if they were fake angels how did the weasel guy know to fear them

Are you sure they said it was all the angels? That might have meant all of the angels on that particular planet. I mean, there's no way the 4 from Blink could have been there. Also, was there anything the weasel guy WASN'T afraid of?
He wasn't scared he just rolled over in the face of danger  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:06 am
I find it rather interesting that you all said you only heard the TARDIS when the Doctor opened his room. Maybe its just my habit of paying too much attention when I watch DW, but I heard a little more.
I heard the Cloister Bell.
You know, the Oh Crap signal?
Coupling that with what you've all said, I think the Doctor's fear is himself destroying everything. Think about it. After the whole situation, he finally sends Amy and Rory back home, realizing that the longer he keeps them around, the more danger they are in. Almost everywhere he takes his companions, there is some sort of danger waiting to kill them. And sometimes he can't always save the day (this is more apparent on the Characters of the Week; for example, Joe and the dude with the glasses whose name I can't remember now.) The Cloister Bell to him could be symbolizing the end for him, or one of his companions. After seeing his 'bad dream', it hits home that what he is doing is much too dangerous for his friends; not everybody can be almost immortal. So for their own sake, he leaves.

Kyoukon

Distinct Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

kalenakeeper

18,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:17 am
aargh! I only got to see half of last night's episode!
I saw up to the weeping angels.....
Then weather interpherance.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
I guess it's just cause I'm picky or spoiled on older episodes of Doctor who but these new ones a lot of the time seem so rushed in the wrong spots and it just, I don't know, I really pay attention to body language and study how people behave and for Amy to let go so easily when asked with no trouble when it's such a big event in her life just doesn't seem human. Don't get me wrong there are a few of these new episodes that I really loved, just not many.  

Twisted Time Lord

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Exiled Time Lord

Unbeatable Phantom

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:18 am
Well, I think that it was the TARDIS exploding with everyone he cares about inside. I mean, of course, it could also be something else. Also, I did notice that the room number was 11.

Speaking of room numbers, did you notice that Amy's room was 7? As in the age she met the Doctor at?

Another thing I just knew was that the Minotaur was talking about the Doctor when he said that for a creature covered in the blood of the innocent, death would be a gift.

I loved this episode. Not much else to say. I loved the concept of a sketchy hotel that shifted around that had people's deepest fears in the rooms. It took the concept of the Minotaur in the Labyrinth to a different level.

(Also, I think in my room, there would be a giant spider. Or perhaps the clown with the balloon.)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:24 am
Wait a minute...
The room with the angels in it... Yeah they were fake, I know but that makes them IMAGES of angels
And that which holds the image of an angel...  

Amadeus McNinja

shappyshap

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:10 pm
One criticism.

Like others have said, I think Amy let go waaaaaaaaay too easily. She had absolute faith in the doctor since like what? Age 7? But apparently she "lost her faith" in him in a few seconds.

And
Splunkle
I find it rather interesting that you all said you only heard the TARDIS when the Doctor opened his room. Maybe its just my habit of paying too much attention when I watch DW, but I heard a little more.
Coupling that with what you've all said, I think the Doctor's fear is himself destroying everything. Think about it. After the whole situation, he finally sends Amy and Rory back home, realizing that the longer he keeps them around, the more danger they are in. Almost everywhere he takes his companions, there is some sort of danger waiting to kill them. And sometimes he can't always save the day (this is more apparent on the Characters of the Week; for example, Joe and the dude with the glasses whose name I can't remember now.) The Cloister Bell to him could be symbolizing the end for him, or one of his companions. After seeing his 'bad dream', it hits home that what he is doing is much too dangerous for his friends; not everybody can be almost immortal. So for their own sake, he leaves.

I think this is absolutely right. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:23 pm
shappyshap
One criticism.

Like others have said, I think Amy let go waaaaaaaaay too easily. She had absolute faith in the doctor since like what? Age 7? But apparently she "lost her faith" in him in a few seconds.
I was just watching Confidential and thought the same thing. The fact that it is so easy sealed the deal for me - This is NOT the last we'll see of Amy and Rory Williams. Not without a bang.  

Kyoukon

Distinct Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

sorceress of the shadow

4,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:02 pm
i cried when that poor alien minotaur died. he was my fav monster. and i cried when he left amy and rory . though that was a nice car. and rory was funny when he told him about how she'd say that they couldn't accept it
. this episode was much better then that doll one and it had weeping angels ,well partly anyway  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:20 pm
I was sad and the next episode doesn't look the great and in my room would probably me just as a boring person working in an office with no adventures never achieving my dreams.  

Headmistress of Gallifrey

Distinct Businesswoman

3,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250

Amadeus McNinja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:28 pm
Splunkle

I am never calling it the Cloister Bell again.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:54 am
Splunkle
shappyshap
One criticism.

I was just watching Confidential and thought the same thing. The fact that it is so easy sealed the deal for me - This is NOT the last we'll see of Amy and Rory Williams. Not without a bang.

Good point. It would have been better, if they'd showed her losing her faith in him over an extended period of time, with the minotaur episode sealing the deal.

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:58 am
Tekketsu

Another thing I just knew was that the Minotaur was talking about the Doctor when he said that for a creature covered in the blood of the innocent, death would be a gift.

Oh my gosh, thank you for pointing that out to me!
    I can't believe that went over my head! xD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:16 pm
Splunkle
shappyshap
One criticism.

I see what you did there. emotion_awesome  

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Midnas Lament

Timely Traveler

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:34 pm
Miss Marinara Sauce
GreenInkling
Miss Marinara Sauce
Amadeus McNinja
I have to ask, am I the only one that's super pumped for next week's episode? Craig was awesome.

I concur.

Yes! Do you think he could become a companion for a while?

Probably not, because he's already a dad in this episode, so it wouldn't make much sense. Still, it's nice to revisit old characters.

Yeah, Craig was always one of. My favorite season 5 characters, besides Vincent smile  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff