Pretty bad.
  Completely awful!
View Results

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:31 pm
Miss Marinara Sauce
Demon God Galfor
Have to say it did not feel right feels like it was just put in there. If you have been reading on what they have on the eps coming up on http://doctorwho.bbcamerica.com/ its all about the Pond family. This did not have a thing to do with River or the death of the Doctor (fixed point in time) so I just need to ask why have this ep if it dose not even blend in with the others?

This was really just meant to be a quick standalone episode; a sort of breather for the audience, if you will. It was actually such a standalone episode that it was able to be moved from the first half of the series to the second without much problem.

No problem technically, but it seems like a lot of us caught on to the randomness of it. ^^; I felt like it was dropped out of nowhere; the recent huge plot developments, not even mentioned in passing, made it very awkward. Maybe it's 'cause I'm a mom, but I find it hard to get settled in with Amy acting so dog-gone normal after having lost her child.

I think the episode probably would have been more enjoyable for me if they kept it earlier in the series so that there wasn't as much of a sense of urgency and momentum, only to be dropped without so much as a "Well, someone needs our help, so let's put aside our main objectives for now . . ."

Am I making any sense?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:42 pm
Demon God Galfor
Feliciainwonderland
I like Matt Smith, but I always feel like he's only giving half himself to the performance. Could be just me, but he doesn't seem to be on the level of acting that Eccleston and Tennant were. The two of them were just amazing.
Think your right or it could be that he looks to much like a tree he looks tall then has them long arms when he runs then dont seem to move then he just like to much like a brit dont get me wrong brits are cool but all the other Doctors did not look so brit.

I feel like that's not so much a lack of intensity as it is the way he chooses to portray his Doctor. I know a handful of people who are genuinely (and by complete accident, they don't even know of Doctor Who) very like him in his mannerisms. So maybe that's why I understand what it is he's trying to get across. A bit of that you're-never-quite-sure-when-he's-going-to-snap, like a humming bird on drugs or something. ^^; Then he goes all calm and still and makes you hold your breath in anticipation of what sort of big revelation is coming next. 'Cause you know he can't be like that for long.

Tennant actually reminds me more of a tree, he's tall and skinny, while Smith and Eccleston are more in proportion. c: Though I do know what you mean about how Smith likes to sway with his hands flailing about.

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:51 pm

The last thing I wanted to say was that I felt that the ending of the episode was very weak. We find out that the child is an alien, and the Doctor just comforts his father by saying, "He'll turn out exactly as you want him to."

I found it disappointing that the father didn't say, "Yeah, but -" or that there wasn't some other sort of explanation about what would happen when George is fully grown - does he have a true alien shape that emerges when he is mature? What happens if he falls in love? Can he mate with a human? And if so, do their children become cuckolds as well? If George will become exactly what his parents want, then does he have his own identity and does he truly love his parents with his own free will?

The whole concept was treated too casually, in my opinion, especially since other Doctor Who episodes are much more thorough and satisfying in their follow-through. However, any episode is a good episode! <3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:37 am
GreenInkling

However, any episode is a good episode! <3

*cough* "Aliens of London/World War Three" *cough*  

Amadeus McNinja

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:07 pm
Amadeus McNinja
GreenInkling

Maybe I haven't seen that one? ^^;
    (My point is, beggars can't be choosers!)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:32 pm
GreenInkling
Amadeus McNinja
GreenInkling

Maybe I haven't seen that one? ^^ wink

You're lucky. It's 9-era. Truly awful, although it has a fun drinking game.  

Amadeus McNinja

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:35 pm
Amadeus McNinja
GreenInkling
Amadeus McNinja
GreenInkling

Now I'm curious to see it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:43 pm
GreenInkling
Amadeus McNinja
GreenInkling
Amadeus McNinja
GreenInkling

Ok, your funeral. Remember, Whenever an alien farts, or Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North introduces herself as such, take a shot. You are encouraged to do this with a nonalcoholic beverage, as we can all agree, alcohol poisoning is not fun.  

Amadeus McNinja

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:07 pm
Amadeus McNinja
GreenInkling
Amadeus McNinja
GreenInkling
Amadeus McNinja
GreenInkling

Ok, your funeral. Remember, Whenever an alien farts, or Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North introduces herself as such, take a shot. You are encouraged to do this with a nonalcoholic beverage, as we can all agree, alcohol poisoning is not fun.

LOL, thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:12 pm
GreenInkling
Demon God Galfor
Feliciainwonderland
I like Matt Smith, but I always feel like he's only giving half himself to the performance. Could be just me, but he doesn't seem to be on the level of acting that Eccleston and Tennant were. The two of them were just amazing.
Think your right or it could be that he looks to much like a tree he looks tall then has them long arms when he runs then dont seem to move then he just like to much like a brit dont get me wrong brits are cool but all the other Doctors did not look so brit.

I feel like that's not so much a lack of intensity as it is the way he chooses to portray his Doctor. I know a handful of people who are genuinely (and by complete accident, they don't even know of Doctor Who) very like him in his mannerisms. So maybe that's why I understand what it is he's trying to get across. A bit of that you're-never-quite-sure-when-he's-going-to-snap, like a humming bird on drugs or something. ^^; Then he goes all calm and still and makes you hold your breath in anticipation of what sort of big revelation is coming next. 'Cause you know he can't be like that for long.

Tennant actually reminds me more of a tree, he's tall and skinny, while Smith and Eccleston are more in proportion. c: Though I do know what you mean about how Smith likes to sway with his hands flailing about.

I forget what ep it was but it was like the only one he runs in hes arms where like a moneys maybe it was really ood. and how is matt smith proportion right? David looked more proportion then Smith.  

Demon God Galfor

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:03 pm
Demon God Galfor
GreenInkling
Demon God Galfor
Feliciainwonderland

I forget what ep it was but it was like the only one he runs in hes arms where like a moneys maybe it was really ood. and how is matt smith proportion right? David looked more proportion then Smith.

David is really tall and thin. Remember Donna's constant commentary on it?
    Other characters mentioned it as well, like Cassandra in the New Earth hospital episode, with the cat-nuns.
    (Can't remember the name.)

Matt Smith is thin, but he's also shorter.
    Ergo, proportions. c:

sorceress of the shadow rolled 20 100-sided dice: 84, 66, 36, 86, 55, 17, 59, 96, 84, 33, 74, 29, 51, 69, 64, 49, 14, 73, 61, 53 Total: 1153 (20-2000)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:19 am
i thought this episode was kinda creepy. I've always been kinda creep ed out by little children and creepy nursery rhymes mix in anything including doctor who. but gotta admit its not as scary as blink was when i first saw it. i didn't sleep for three days because we had angel statues on a church very close by this episode just made me kinda afraid to sleep with dolls staring at me for a little while.. i still loved it though even though it felt really rushed and the doctor figured the plot out to soon in my opinion. ( i sorry i talk a lot on this subject).  

sorceress of the shadow

4,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items