The Oldest Question in the Universe Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

skylitdesire

Dapper Heckler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:07 am
ok, so here is what I've been brainstorming on rather than completing my readings for university (DW is going to ruin my academics...)

When the Doctor asked the Tesalector who the Silence was, it replied that the Silence is not a Species but instead a religious cult that believes Silence will fall when the question in asked.

I've taken Philosophy of Religions and my professor was giving an intro of the class. He literally began the class by saying, "In this class we will look into the oldest question in the universe." By that, he was talking about whether or not there is a god, and as I was walking out of my lecture, I had to think, if The Silence is a religious cult, could the question have something to do with a god? And maybe they are upset and want to start an "endless bitter war" against the Doctor because sometimes people start to believe that the Doctor is equivalent to a god.

Another question that comes to mind as the first question, the oldest question and the one hidden in plain sight is "HOW?" We all want to know "how" the universe was created and if we keep asking how, we will, at a certain point, run out of explanations and thus "Silence will fall."

These are just my random thoughts. Quite honestly, I could be completely wrong. Doctor Who is known to have most random twists, so I wouldn't be surprised if the question will be completely irrelevant to the rest of the season's episodes...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:49 pm
GreenInkling
Miss Marinara Sauce
shappyshap
What you said. Hitchhiker's guide.
And then they find out the answer is 42 and they're all like D:

Haha, yeah, but what do you think the question is? Because that was never really stated in the books...

It was supposed to be the answer to "life, the universe, and everything."
    >.>

...Yeah, but we never actually find out the question. When Deep Thought gave them the answer of 42, nobody understood why that was the answer to "Life, the Universe, and Everything." Deep Thought told them that, in order to understand the answer, they would have to find to question.  

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Feliciainwonderland

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:38 am
My first thought when they said that was "Who forgot to buy the milk?" but I like your idea a bit better.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:21 pm
19a2aimee
Hmm well Will River Really die?I doubt it to the point where I'm thinking of charging into moffat's house and telling me what the question is anyone in?
Yes she dose with the 10th Doctor in the library. If you think of it what happens if the doctor really is killed I think is the Question may be one of two one Lorelei Sonafaire hit WHY then the other if you think about it well what have they been asking now in all of the new seasons What will happen with out the Doctor they been asking that now from I think season 1 of 05 to right now.  

Demon God Galfor

cattlerunning

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:04 pm
Duh! rolleyes The oldest Question in the universe is.....
Doctor who?
This is because the Doctor travel througe time and space and everyone askes him 'Doctor who?'!!! talk2hand  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:39 am
DOCTOR WHO!? Though, in my opinion, a better question is THEN WHO WAS PHONE!?!  

Etriel Devyt

Ru-ku The TimeLord

3,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:29 am
silversonic1
A question hidden in plain sight... Doctor Who?

Quoted for Truth.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:00 pm
The question was Doctor Who? That's what I understood last season when that fat blue guy started shouting "DOCTOR WHO? DOCTOR WHO?". So basically I believe it is "Who is the Doctor?" or "What is his real name?"  

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

silversonic1

Mega Noob

20,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:15 am
We have been given more than enough information to work out possible theories. Yes, the obvious one is somebody asks about the Doctor's name, but that just screams of simplicity and it doesn't explain the "Fall of the 11th" clue all that well.
The next one could be that the Doctor and whomever he is traveling with at the time are trapped and the only way out is for somebody to die. The question is asked, "Doctor, who?"
And of course, it could be as stupid as a knock-knock joke trap.
"Knock, knock."
"Who's there?"
"The Doctor."
"Doctor who?"
The Doctor doesn't answer and plummets through a trap door.
So as you can see, there are many ways that things could unfold. Let's just hope Moffat's not a fan of knock-knock jokes.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:41 pm
silversonic1
We have been given more than enough information to work out possible theories. Yes, the obvious one is somebody asks about the Doctor's name, but that just screams of simplicity and it doesn't explain the "Fall of the 11th" clue all that well.
The next one could be that the Doctor and whomever he is traveling with at the time are trapped and the only way out is for somebody to die. The question is asked, "Doctor, who?"
"Knock, knock."
"Who's there?"
"The Doctor."
"Doctor who?"
So as you can see, there are many ways that things could unfold. Let's just hope Moffat's not a fan of knock-knock jokes.
Well if it does involve someone dying, I was watching a show called Innerspace and they said that either Amy or Rory will die this season coming up and he'll get a new companion played by Jenna-Louise Coleman.  

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

silversonic1

Mega Noob

20,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:50 pm
Nightshroud01
silversonic1
"Knock, knock."
"Who's there?"
"The Doctor."
"Doctor who?"
Well if it does involve someone dying, I was watching a show called Innerspace and they said that either Amy or Rory will die this season coming up and he'll get a new companion played by Jenna-Louise Coleman.
I heard they were both getting written out in the middle of the series. Who knows? They could both die.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:34 pm
Oh! Oh! I know this one! The answer is 42!

Aw, someone already did that in this thread....XD couldn't resist though.  

Starchan13

Magnetic Prophet

9,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers