Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[FIN] Good day to look at life! (Chimvi & Mel) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Chimvi nodded thoughtfully. Well, he hadn't thought of that before, but a knowledge of the poultices and the herbs that made them was perhaps a very useful thing even for a healer to know.

"Perhaps you might teach me a poultice or two, if you're ever bored and not busy with your duties," he said, quirking a wry grin and withholding a chuckle.

When was an apothecary not busy in the pride of diseased lions? Chimvi was pretty sure that was 'never', but it was a nice idea still. He was sure he wanted to be a healer, but Mel was right that familiarity with the poulstices would be good for him to know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:11 pm
The older lion smiled. "I'd be happy to teach you any time you'd like, just come and ask," he told Chimvi. Mel was fairly certain that the boy wouldn't ask at the most inconvenient time - anyone training to be a Healer would know better than that - and so he felt secure in the offer.

More to the point, he had a feeling he might be able to help the boy by simply encouraging him. Maybe it'd help him cling to life a bit longer, and that could only help.

He wondered if he should say something else, but no, he didn't want to push too far too fast. Especially because Chimvi didn't look like he was having a good day, and would probably like to escape this conversation and rest.

"I'm glad I was able to meet you," he said at last, giving the boy an opening to leave gracefully.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Chimvi was mildly surprised at the offer, especially coming from someone who actually seemed to mean it, but he offered the male a smile. He appreciated the offer, even if he was unsure that he'd take it - he'd hate to distract him from more important duties but it might be nice to learn some time.

His legs began to ache at the effort to hold back his shuddering, though it was a barely noticeable tremble now. When the male mentioned it being nice to meet him, he realised it was an out. He wondered if Mel knew, but he didn't think to question it.

"I'm glad to have met you too," he said, politely and actually meaning it. "I should return and see if Mother needs assistance with my brothers." If she didn't, he would rest. He knew she'd probably insist he rest if she saw him feeling ill, but at least he will have tried.

"Perhaps we will see each other around another time," he said, smiling in farewell before slowly turning to leave. His movements were calculated, walking in short steps to not strain his body too far as he ventured back towards the safety of his family's den.

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff