7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:50 pm
VI) Romance “I just need somebody to love” -Justin Bieber

Easy Lover: 10G
Experienced the thrill of romance with Zevran
-Not too hard. You just need to talk to Zevran a bit and have his approval just a little bit past half.

Witch Gone Wild: 10G
Experienced the thrill of romance with Morrigan
-Same with Zevran but requires a little bit more approval. To do so supporting the chantry since shes an apostate, agree with her beliefs .

First Knight: 10G
Experienced the thrill of romance with Allistair.
-I think you needed at least 75% or higher approval from Allistair. You also need to complete his side quest. Where he talks to Goldanna in Denerim. At the end of it choose the romantic options showing how you care.

Wine, Woman, and Song:10G
Experienced the thrill of romance with Leliana
-Get Leliana to around 85% approval. She will tell you about her past and Marjolaine. Complete her sidequest after that.

Start off with talking about her life in the chantry. Choose the flirty type options complimenting her.
After completing her quest talk to her about Marjolaine. Choose the options

"We need to talk."
"Are you feeling better?"
"Er, I think I see what you mean."
"She was special to you wasn't she?"
"I'm sorry it ended to badly."
"Everyone changes unfortunately."
"I can only hope to one day be as special as she was to you."

Well I didn’t figure this out myself. The first time I did it was just pure coincidence. Anyways I got some help from…

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Leliana/Romance

Hopelessly Romantic: 25G
Across all playthroughs experience all possible romances
-Get the above 4 achievements. Will require a second play-through  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 pm
Part 13. The Traveler Achievement. “Possibly the toughest one yet.”
To be honest, I couldn’t get this myself. Here’s a link to it.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Traveler_Achievement

Traveler: 35G
Set foot in every part of the game.

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:47 pm
Part 14: DLC: Warden’s Keep “I had to BUY?! DLC when I get my game on release day?!”
So these achievements tie in with the main game of origins so I’ll cover them first. Warden’s keep is fairly simple. Just Finish it’s story and your good

Diabolist: 25G
Took advantage of Avernus’s research.
-You’ll see a mysterious vial, potion, concotion or whatever before going up to meet Avernus. Despite it being suspicious drink it anyways to get the achievement and “The Power of Blood” abilities.

Master of the Peak: 25G
Finish soldiers peak.
-Obvious enough right?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:51 pm
Part 15. DLC: The Stone Prisoner. “For 1200 points I though I’d be getting diamonds instead”
Note that this is free when you buy the game new. Code is included in the box. You need to get Shale to high enough approval rating before she tells you about Cadash Thiag and gives you her companion quest.

Rock and a Hard Place: 25G
Complete “A Golem in Honnleath”
-You get this when you recruit Shale

Stone’s Lament: 25G
Complete “A Golem’s Memories”
-You get this when you complete Shales companion mission where you find her name recorded in Cadash Thiag.  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:53 pm
Part 16. DLC: Return to Ostagar “In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice”-Grey Warden Motto.
Only one achievement here.

In War, Victory: 25G
Defeat the ogre that killed King Cailen.
-You get this at the end of the DLC. You will fight the necromancer and kill the ogre.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:55 pm
Part 17: DLC: The Darkspawn Chronicles “Gwarrr, Gwarr, Gwarrr!!”- A darkspawn
So now were going to stray from the main game here and play as a darkspawn. Not very fun in my opinion. (The DLC Itself I mean). You may also need 2 playthroughs of this if you screw up. (One was bad enough though). SAVE FREQUENTLY

Bane of Thedas: 25G
Handed Victory to the Archdemon by killing Fereldens last Grey Warden
-You get this when you finish the DLC

Ogre’s Keeper: 25G
Keep the initial Ogre alive.
-Play on casual, and make sure you protect that ogre with your life. Go harbinger and “Assume Direct Control” if necessary

Enthralling: 25G
Earned maximum approval from all thrall types
-This is a bit tricky since you can’t let your thralls die cause it’ll set you back quite some time. You need to get max approval from

Genlock
Hurlock
Ogre
Shriek
Hurlock Emissary
Blight Wolf

Try to get max approval from the Genlock and Hurlocks first. Pick up everything as you possibly can. You can find gifts which can make your life easier. As you kill enemies approval rating goes up as well. You cannot kill the ogre if you want the other achievement leaving you with only 3 spaces in your party. (Unless you save and reload of course…). Genlocks and Hurlocks are first encountered so max them out first. Followed by the Shriek, Hurlock emmisary and the Blight wolf which appears a bit later on. You should be able to get this right in one try if you can get gifts to boost approval of some of the other thralls. Also check that your not recruiting grunts. GRUNTS DO NOT COUNT. Pissed me off when in recruited a genlock grunt by mistake.  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:56 pm
Part 18: DLC: Leliana’s Song “Hasn’t won a Grammy yet though…”
A simple DLC which puts you into the role Leliana. You need a fairly high amount of lockpicking to get all the achievements. Invest your points in device mastery and cunning.

Turning Point: 25G
Heard Lelianas version of the Betrayal
-Just another finish the DLC achievement

Vendetta: 25G
Destroy the career of Gurad Captain Eams
-Place all the things that you received from your little mischief on him and you will be guaranteed the achievement. (The 3 fenced items, Jovi Merice’s corpse and the suspect under garment). Sucks to be him when he wake up.

Provacateur: 50G
Collected and assembled the Battledress of the Provacateur
-You need to collect 6 pieces of the Masterwork leather pieces. They are located as follow in chronological order in whch you can get them:

1.On the corpse of Jove Merice during “Kill the loose tongue”
2.In the nobles estate behind a locked door. Its in a locked chest. Once you enter the first hallway its in the doors that’s right in front of you.
3.In the room where you plant the papers, it’s locked in a chest
4.Before you exit the estate, enter a room the enemies “Weapon Master” and “Mabaris” its on the armor stand.
5.In the first room that you can enter after going past the seconde grate looking thingy in the dungeon
6.Chantry Desk Drawer, you can get it right when you start.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:41 pm
Part 19: DLC/Expansion: Awakening “So was I sleeping the whole time then?”
Alright here’s where things get difficult, I may even have to walk you through it here but nonetheless if you stay vigilant and try not to miss things. So don’t rush, look through and explore every place as thoroughly as possible. I recommend you do “The Shadows of the Blackmarsh” last in order to have your entire party as wardens.

Also before I begin you can now get 4 achievements easily because of awakening since new characters start at level 18. Just get the 2 levels you need and you get 3 easy achievements.

Archmage: 25G
Main character achieved level 20 as a mage

Master of Arms: 25G
Main character achieved level 20 as a warrior

Shadow: 25G
Main Character achieved level 20 as a Rouge

Also you can get another achievement easily if you’re a warrior from origins.

Heavy-Hitter: 10G
Do over 250 damage with a single attack.
-Once you get the ability peons plight use it on a Genlock grunt or something weak like that to get it.  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:40 pm
Now back on track. I will point out items you need before hand so you can get them for this achievement.

The Enduring Vigil: 30G
Aquired all upgrades for Vigils keep.
-Things that you need are…
1. You need to pay extra sovereigns to Improve the walls of the keep. 80 to be more exact.
2. In The wending wood just before entering the silverite mine there is a granite deposit, mark it and approve to have soldiers secure it while talking to Voldrik again.
3. All the lyrium sand for the explosives.
-In Vigils Keep- The deep roads in the quest. “It comes from beneath”: First room on your right when you enter the deep roads area.
-Silverite Mine: When going to find the Dragon tamer the path forks. Take the right path first to find it.
-Kal Hirol: A house in Kal’Hirol. 2 dwarves are outside it talking about fighting. And In the Trade quarter. After fighting the Darspawn in the room with the giant lyrium stone, turn left on the bridge
4. The metals needed for Master Wade so he can make the armor.
-The Iron ore is found in the Kal’Hirol Trade quarter
-The Veridium ore is underneath Vigil’s keep
-The Silverite ore is found in the mines in the wending wood

Get the information you need and head to either Kal’Hirol or the Wending Wood. The achievements below are unlocked as you finish each quest

Savior of Kal’Hirol: 30G
Destroyed the Broodmothers of Kal’Hirol

Blind Vengeance: 30G
Escaped the silverite mines

Now for the final mission head to the Blackmarsh. There you will recruit Justice.

Pride before the Fall: 30G
Defeat the baroness

Now there will be an event at the keep, the final battle is about to take place to get ready and save before talking to Seneschal Varel. DO NOT OVERWRITE THIS SAVE . You will head to Amaranthine and will now be given a choice. Save the city or save the keep. It doesn’t matter what you choose first, you can reload the save before and choose the other choice. You get…

Amaranthines Last Hope: 25G
Saved the city of amaranthine

Keeper of the Vigil: 25G
Saved Vigils Keep

After that the final quest plays through and you face The Mother. (“Darkspawn, your mother’s so ugly she broke the Eluvian when she looked at it.”)

Awakening:50G
Complete Awakening

Also you should’ve gotten this during your playthrough

Commander of the Grey: 30G
Reach level 30

As a special note I suggest you finish the quest "Worked to the Bone" and find all the pieces of armor in Kal'Hirol. They are most likely to be the best sword and armor in the game and will also help you later on.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:24 pm
Part 20. DLC: The Golems of Amgarrak “You can pronounce it as OMNOMNOM to simplify.”
Heres where it gets extremely difficult. You need to change the difficulty to hard now (or maybe later but I’m not sure if it gives you the achievement though). In my case however the difficulty throughout the game will be on HARD. Anyways I hoped you have a Level 30 character imported from awakening with hundreds of poultices and top tier weapons and armor cause you will need it. Here’s some of my character builds.

Warrior: Sword and Shield
Berserker, Templar, Guardian
Minimum of 50 STR
Minimum of 30 DEX
80+ CONSTITUTION
All Skills for all 3 specializations
All Warrior Skills
All Sword and Shield Skills

Mage:
Spirit Healer, Arcane Warrior, Battlemage
Minimum: 50 CONSTITUTION
Minimum: 30 WILLPOWER
80+ MAGIC
All Skills for all 3 specializations
Arcane Tree:
Mastery
Attunement *If from Awakening
Creation Tree:
Healing
Enhancement
Spirit Tree:
Mana Alteration
Anti-Magic

Of course those are just some examples. My Warrior class focuses on lone wolf survival while the mage focuses on defending your allies while dealing damage. Lyrium potions are a must if you’re a mage and same with Stamina Draughts as well. Now on with the guide.  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:26 pm
A Secret Stitched together: 25G
Gathered all the research notes in Amgarrak
-A pain in my arse but here are the locations
Healing:
First one is in the north-western room
Second one is in the northernmost room (Must be in the green dimension)
Lightning: Found in the same room as the second healing
Fire: Found in the Ancient hall (Blue dimension)
Mechanics:
First one is found in the same place as the Fire notes (Blue Dimension)
Second one is found in the forge. There should be path that leads above the forge to your right as you enter . The final chest should be there. (Red Dimension)

Reaper: 25G
Defeat the Harvester
-Casual and you’re good but if you want the next one you may need to work for it….

Grim Reaper: 50G
Defeat the Harvester on Hard/Nightmare difficulty
-This guy is unlike anything you’ve faced before. He will kill you, maybe repeatedly so make sure you save before you approach it.

The Harvester has 2 forms. Fatty and skinny runner. The fatty is a big target so you should be fine but the second phase lets him run around reviving skeletons. (Rank chosen at random. One time I had a horde of boss rank skeletons on my tail. Not very even odds). However there is a switch to your right that will insta-kill the skeleton when activated. (It works for a little while anyways). Anyways if you haven’t done so already, set your teammates tactics to defensive. Keep them at range. Have Brogan and sung intercept enemies targeting Jerrik. Make Jerrik an archer and have him target the harvester (boss rank). The runic golem should focus on healing. If anything you can always go ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. Your character should be tanking it (if he’s a warrior if not ignore those tactics). Draw as many enemies as possible with taunt/threaten and Aura of the Stalwart defender. Continually move and save your abilties for when you get into range of the harvester. With luck you can chip away enough of its health with your abilities and it will die. (It works better if Jerrik lives and he shoots arrows.)

If you’re a mage however, you have to constantly heal/revive teammates and attack the harvester in order to win. It’s relatively easy if you have a huge stockpile of poultices and lyrium potions if not then it will be insanely difficult. Have Brogan, Snug and Golem Charge at the enemies. Heal them at a distance and kill any enemies around you. Have Jerrik away from combat as well. With luck, your furious healing skills will be no match for the harvester

With enough poultices to keep your team alive you could also be a rouge to rain arrows upon it yourself but rouge are not recommended in this fight.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:12 pm
Part 21. DLC: Witch Hunt “Welcome to the states, 1780’s”
Like The Golems of Amgarrak there’s an achievement for defeating the Varterral on hard difficulty, son’t worry though, the battle’s a piece of cake compared to the Harvester so set your difficulty to Hard when you start.

A Time of Wood and Stone:25G
Gathered the lore of Cadash Thaig.
-The Locations are as follows
1. Worn Note: In a chest after you past the 2 magic vortex thing, near the first light you encounter
2. Worn Journal: In a pile of bones between the 4th and 5th magic vortex things.
3. Torn Letter: In a piles of bones just south of the 6th magic vortex
4 Scrap of Paper: Stuck onto a spike near the end, next to the last bridge you encounter

Through the looking glass: 25G
Completed the scrying ritual
-Plot achievement, it is unmissable

Varterral’s Fall: 25G
Defeat the Varterral on Hard/Nightmare difficulty.
-After what you went through in Amgarrak, this guy should be a piece of cake. Have Sketch stay back healing while you hit the Varterral with everything you’ve got. Having Poultices/Draughts/Potions help too.

Witch Hunter: 25G
Complete Witch Hunt
-Finish the DLC.  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:19 pm
Well that's it for the guide. Post your comments, tips, maybe a sticky? (If you liked this guide some gifts would be nice....just kidding but you can if you want to)

Anyways, please don't copy this guide and post it somewhere else and say you wrote it. Give credit where it's due.

Other sites that helped me:
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/950918-dragon-age-origins/faqs/59429

Special Thanks to:
Bioware: For making such awesome games
The Guild and it's members: For being such awesome people
You. The reader: For taking the time to read this guide.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:26 pm
Thank you for taking the time to write this. biggrin Good job! 3nodding  

AshRB

Mods, Glitches, Tips, and Hints

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out