Submit

Church Rock?
  yep
  nope
  jury is still out
View Results

Starlight Path

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:11 am
i go to a baptist church its huge. With a school also. It is okay I would rather go to a smaller church, it might be easier to get a seat.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:09 am
samsora
i go to a baptist church its huge. With a school also. It is okay I would rather go to a smaller church, it might be easier to get a seat.
is it in norman. oklahoma question if so i and a few of my friends go there exclaim  

warhog93

tefcouun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:28 am
I attend a charismatic church but I am non-denominational. My church is fairly large. There's probably over 1,000 members...several are also visitors. Its a very lively church. The do the praying in tongues, laying on of hands, different groups to be a part of like mime, dance, music, women's ministry, homosexual counseling, support groups for drug addiction and any other addiction, AIDS ministry, home visitation, etc.

The head pastor's family and the main church pastors...everyone is pretty nice. The only problem is that there are so many people, it makes it hard to personally get to know each other. You'd have to be involved in a group or something it get to know people personally.

I use to be a part of basket ministry but not anymore. I should probably start attending the support group again, though. I feel in need of emotional support and/or therapy.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:49 pm
yes i like my church  

boosymnsye

AznZephyr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:56 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
AznZephyr
btw, Cathlioc is not the same as protestant. It's technically its own religion, it is not a sect of "chrstianity." Their veiw on Christ is very different from protestants(baptist, methodist, lutheren etc.).

Please, do not try and spark a sect-debate. Catholics are just as christian as any other denomination.

I, personally, think I go to a 'baptist' church, though it's not like we're baptist in anything other then name.

sect-debate?
I don't think you even know why Protestants were formed in the first place.
Cathliocs believe in going to heaven by good works. Protestants came to be because of this. The Cathliocs were corrupting what Christianity was all about- Believing that Jesus died for your sins and accepting him as your savior. They also decided to make the word saint a rank of holiness. Every Christian is a saint, no matter how bad you were. If you are truly wahsed by the blood of Jesus you are a saint.
Cathliocs and Protestants are TOTALLY different. It is not about sects, its about the belief behind the certain religions.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:15 pm
AznZephyr
Cometh The Inquisitor
AznZephyr
btw, Cathlioc is not the same as protestant. It's technically its own religion, it is not a sect of "chrstianity." Their veiw on Christ is very different from protestants(baptist, methodist, lutheren etc.).

Please, do not try and spark a sect-debate. Catholics are just as christian as any other denomination.

I, personally, think I go to a 'baptist' church, though it's not like we're baptist in anything other then name.

sect-debate?
I don't think you even know why Protestants were formed in the first place.
Cathliocs believe in going to heaven by good works. Protestants came to be because of this. The Cathliocs were corrupting what Christianity was all about- Believing that Jesus died for your sins and accepting him as your savior. They also decided to make the word saint a rank of holiness. Every Christian is a saint, no matter how bad you were. If you are truly wahsed by the blood of Jesus you are a saint.
Cathliocs and Protestants are TOTALLY different. It is not about sects, its about the belief behind the certain religions.

I wish both of you would stop making "mountains out of mole-hills." Personally, I think the two of you ruin good and descent threads by making anything a reason to argue and complain. Christianity is about "unity in Christ." It is about being "the bride of Christ." Something you two don't seem to understand. Because your wanting to harshly argue with people makes Christianity look ugly.
The whole purpose to this post is to get to know people and where they go to church. This isn't to be a place to argue over whose church is better or right. If you can't do that, then leave this post. Thank you!  

jamesthelittle

Little__Angel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:27 pm
christian  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:50 pm
AznZephyr
jamesthelittle
Hey tell me about your church. Are you catholic, baptist, methodist, lutheren...etc. Is it a small, medium, large or a mega-church. I am at a Christian/Church of Christ (Non-denominational) church that runs about 250 on Sunday morning.

Not quite, we Christians believe in everything you do, our masses are just more formal, like the priest dresses in garments and such, plus we celebrate all of the sacraments. yet we share our view on Christ with prodestants!  

Green-Free-Lancer

Christian_Fire_Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:24 pm
I go to Celebrate Community Church and it is awesome! Their praise band has 3 of my family members in it and their really good and they love it! heart I guess I'm just Christian and so is the church... it has 1 thing I don't agree with though... ask me to find out...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:06 pm
i go 2 cornerstone assembly of god i love it!  

blondygurl81

dragonlove_48

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:38 am
I attend 2 churches, one with my family that I've gone to most of my life, it's baptist and has just under 200 people attending. I like it, but for me it's missing something.
the other one I go to with my friends, it's HUGE, like, WAY over 2000 people, not in one service of course, but they've got like 6, in each of the 2 buildings. in the service I go too I'd say there are about 250 people of high school age, their parents all attend the "adult" service. It's.. evangelical... I think... I don't know, I can't find any theological diffrences. For me, it's also lacking something, but it's a diffrent thing then the one I go to with family.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:18 pm
I go to GCP Episcopal Church. It's an average size, prolly 150 people for the 10 AM Eucharist. Yes, Episcopal. It's pretty good...kinda too liberal for me. I'd rather go to a medium church. (no, not talking to dead people...) Like sort of conservative and sort of liberal. But my church is all liberal, and that kind of annoys me...even I'm liberal, but I need a bit of a mix at church. And it's full of old people. Ugh. I might switch to another Episcopal church with about 562 members, though.  

buster1

You shall call me Betty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:00 pm
i go to KFGC! that's Korean Full Gospel Church.

www.xanga.com/kfgcyg  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:09 pm
I go to Fellowship of The Woodlands. and I love it!! we are non-denominational and have a service for any age! Tons of worship,
song and praise and awesome messages and scripture that go with basic
themes in life of teenagers! It really connects to ya! 3nodding  

Niamae

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:13 pm
I go to First Baptist Church Of Dover. It is the craziest church you have ever gone to. I'm am going to state a fact: You do not know the definition of crazy until you have visited teh youth group. We call teh youth room the "Oasis." It has a pretty good scheme going and a lot of people. We were at an altime low today due to spring break.

*Checks info in bullitin*

ATTENDEES (On March 12. 2006):
Worship Service: 428
Extended Session: 36
Children's Church: 35
Hispanic Service: 93
The Oaks Campground: 116

(The campground is a little thing that we run. Hardly anybody knows where it actually is xd )

On Wednesday nights, the youth group has upwards of 100 people. We play music so loud that you can hear it almost anywhere on the grounds.

FB DOVER ROCKS!!!!!  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces