Submit

An online Zelda game?
  Hope it's mmo?
  A Zelda mmo would be retarded
  Let's just keep Zelda on console
View Results

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:26 am
the world of mario has gotten MASSIVE, and you can't have an MMO without the first M or else you get a MO which is just any game. a mario MMO is very possible. so is zelda but i'd like to generate my own 3-d mario character with his own capabilities.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:15 am
I'd just like a Mario bros. M.O. For now. Forget M-M-O.

Why did NSMBwii not have online again?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:21 am
A zelda MMO could have dungeons that work like portal 2 co-op mixed with Four Swords multiplayer.

Having different races would be confusing as hell, because they'd have to work like the different masks or something... atleast to feel truly zelda like.

Or Nintendo can like some korean company manufacture an MMO out of their IP like everyone else does for a quick buck.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:02 pm
You don't need masks. You could just choose Zora, and you'd be a Zora.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:49 pm
I meant like how the gameplay worked when you were masked. Which would mean you'd need all the different races to solve some puzzles. Which would be infuriating. I mean, their physiology and abilities are so different. Gorons and zoras for example: One can be super fast on land, but can't swim, the other is aquatically adapted(i.e. swims fast).  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:52 pm
Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill
Why would it be a bad MMO?

I just don't feel an MMO element from it.
The legend of Zelda has always been about the one hero saving the princess of hyrule, if they made it MMO what would it be for? I mean, where's the plot?
You might be the hero in your story but there'll be a hundred others making your character like a speck in the world.

(Even though Majora's mask was only about saving the world. I don't even think Zelda was mentioned in it. )

*EDIT: It would be like making an MMO for Mario.
Sonic would probably make a better MMO but wouldn't have much lasting appeal in my opinion.

That's like saying Final Fantasy couldn't make an MMO cause it's just a group of people saving the world. rolleyes  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:15 pm
[Kegan]
I meant like how the gameplay worked when you were masked. Which would mean you'd need all the different races to solve some puzzles. Which would be infuriating. I mean, their physiology and abilities are so different. Gorons and zoras for example: One can be super fast on land, but can't swim, the other is aquatically adapted(i.e. swims fast).
Class-specific quests.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:11 am
Skaeryll
Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill

The legend of Zelda has always been about the one hero saving the princess of hyrule, if they made it MMO what would it be for? I mean, where's the plot?
You might be the hero in your story but there'll be a hundred others making your character like a speck in the world.

(Even though Majora's mask was only about saving the world. I don't even think Zelda was mentioned in it. )

Sonic would probably make a better MMO but wouldn't have much lasting appeal in my opinion.

That's like saying Final Fantasy couldn't make an MMO cause it's just a group of people saving the world. rolleyes
Instead it's a group of people killing lizards in Valkurm Dunes for a month to get past the horrible level 10-20 s**t that makes most people quit(And be better off for it.)  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:39 am
[Kegan]

Why did NSMBwii not have online again?
this is EXACTLY what i said when i grabbed the box.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:37 pm
Mario Bros MMO would be turn based like Toontown using the suit powers as attacks.
Zelda MMO would play like Warcraft. Warrior, Mage, whatever gannon is for classes. Gannons forces vs Hyrulan alliance
Metroid Online would be Prime Hunters bumped up to TF2 levels.
Pikmin Online would be either DotA or a normal RTS.  

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:36 pm
Skaeryll
Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill

But they did make an MMO, FF13
It looks amazing and personally, I think Final Fantasy was perfect for an MMORPG .  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:41 pm
[Kegan]

They could give certain attributes to the races like Warcraft and Oblivion did. (ex. Undead can stay underwater 2x longer/ Lizard people can breathe underwater, Lion people automatically have the ability to see in the dark.)
Zoras could breathe underwater, Goron can move 2x faster by rolling, Deku can be... cool little Deku guys? Or use flowers to fly/use deku equipment. Oh and hop a few times on the surfaces of water.  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:03 pm
Deathgod of Legend
Skaeryll
Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill

It looks amazing and personally, I think Final Fantasy was perfect for an MMORPG .

13 wasn't an mmo. 11 and 14 were, and 14 sucked.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:33 am
Skaeryll
Deathgod of Legend
Skaeryll
Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill

11 was no fun either, if none of your friends joined you it was boring as hell. the DnD MMO is 10 times better at this point.  

Xilo The Odd

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:34 pm
Skaeryll
Deathgod of Legend
Skaeryll
Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill

Yea, sorry, that's what I meant.
FF has so many games, it's hard to remember what's what.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff