Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
"Gays vs. Gays" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissDemeter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:34 pm
Deleteasaurus
I hate feminine gay guys not because they're guys acting like girls, but because they're simply annoying as ********. I myself am actually rather feminine, but even homophobes admit that they can tolerate me over those prissy little annoyances.

You HATE them? Really? I think that you sound like an intolerant a*****e. I don't hate you, even though I think that you should change your attitude.

Also, feminine gay men don't act like girls. They act like what society has said that girls must act like. Feminine gay men act like feminine gay men. Nothing else.

Also, please, don't flatter yourself. Homophobes dislike you just as much as they dislike "prissy" guys.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:46 pm
MissDemeter
Deleteasaurus
I hate feminine gay guys not because they're guys acting like girls, but because they're simply annoying as ********. I myself am actually rather feminine, but even homophobes admit that they can tolerate me over those prissy little annoyances.

You HATE them? Really? I think that you sound like an intolerant a*****e. I don't hate you, even though I think that you should change your attitude.

Also, feminine gay men don't act like girls. They act like what society has said that girls must act like. Feminine gay men act like feminine gay men. Nothing else.

Also, please, don't flatter yourself. Homophobes dislike you just as much as they dislike "prissy" guys.

Oh don't worry, I don't put all my hate towards them. I don't want to flatter them like that. I hate Christians, rednecks, fat people (though my father-in-law is large, but he hates people as much as I do, so I love him), most black people, and many others.

All I can do is giggle at that second section.

Funny, acting as if you understand my homophobes tolerating me situation. We quite enjoy making fun of gays together.

Deleteasaurus

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:32 pm
MissDemeter
Vaan_Lohengrin
dont you know its now LGBTQA... -_-

Nope. The short form is LGBT. The long form is LGBTTI2QQA.

XDD you shd tell the LGBTQA group at my college that  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:34 pm
Deleteasaurus
MissDemeter
Deleteasaurus

Oh don't worry, I don't put all my hate towards them. I don't want to flatter them like that. I hate Christians, rednecks, fat people (though my father-in-law is large, but he hates people as much as I do, so I love him), most black people, and many others.

Funny, acting as if you understand my homophobes tolerating me situation. We quite enjoy making fun of gays together.
i love you lol  

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

Sleepy Snake

Invisible Exhibitionist

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 pm
Vaan_Lohengrin
T because its a relatively ambiguous term that defines various levels. also everyone is transgender because we all display both male/sex,gender and female/sex,gender characteristics. to separate it out to define extremes isnt something we really do very often and i dont see the point.
Being trans has nothing to do with how you act. Someone could be an extremely masculine woman or an extremely feminine man and still be cisgender.

Quote:
Q is gender queer if you didnt know, someone devoid of gender which is impossible because society wont allow it if some one really wants to be gender queer they can get a grey jumpsuit shave their head and get out of america...
The American Psychological Association recognizes genderqueer, bigendered, and various other transgender identities. There are also other cultures in both the past and present who have recognized third or more genders. In Canada, the House of Commons passed a bill that would add gender identity and gender expression protected classes, which would cover people outside of the gender norm. Just because some people refuse to acknowledge the existence of certain types of people doesn't mean they suddenly fail to exist.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:53 pm
As much as it pains me to say I think that fem. guys kinda over do it sometimes. There is a fine line between being feminine and being FEMININE. I've seen it all though. I use to be feminine only to the point to where I wore like heart shaped belts and head bands and earings but nothing about my attitude said I was fem, but I grew out of it and now i'm a totally different person.
I dont dislike fem guys but i'm not attracted to them.. most do act like girls. they get their hair done and their nail as well. they come close to the actually women figure. I mean its kinda complex to explain, but I accept people for who they are. I wouldn't let anyone disrespect a feminine guy in front of me though.  

AngelOfTheUnspokenTruth

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:16 pm
Sleepy Snake
Vaan_Lohengrin
T because its a relatively ambiguous term that defines various levels. also everyone is transgender because we all display both male/sex,gender and female/sex,gender characteristics. to separate it out to define extremes isnt something we really do very often and i dont see the point.
Being trans has nothing to do with how you act. Someone could be an extremely masculine woman or an extremely feminine man and still be cisgender.

Quote:
Q is gender queer if you didnt know, someone devoid of gender which is impossible because society wont allow it if some one really wants to be gender queer they can get a grey jumpsuit shave their head and get out of america...
The American Psychological Association recognizes genderqueer, bigendered, and various other transgender identities. There are also other cultures in both the past and present who have recognized third or more genders. In Canada, the House of Commons passed a bill that would add gender identity and gender expression protected classes, which would cover people outside of the gender norm. Just because some people refuse to acknowledge the existence of certain types of people doesn't mean they suddenly fail to exist.

if i put my hands on my ears and close my eyes and goo "lalalala" i can make myself believe anything i want biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:17 am
Vaan_Lohengrin
Deleteasaurus
MissDemeter
Deleteasaurus

i love you lol

heart  

Deleteasaurus

etluhcs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:29 am
Vaan_Lohengrin
schulte
Vaan_Lohengrin

i care if they keep it going. their half the reason people can continue to deny us rights. they cant pull it together for a year so we can get all the rights and stuff passed first..

so let me get this straight. you think that the LGBT community is being denied rights because some men are effeminate and some women are masculine?
you're obviously ashamed of those who don't fall within the sexist gender-conforming binary of manly men and girly girls; i'm surprised you even agree with men being with other men and women being with other women. or are you against other sexual orientations besides "straight" along with being against other gender expression besides "normal"?
i dont think, i know. one of the governors running for NY went to a effing pride parade and we convinced him single handedly that we were a effing subspecies. -_-
never said i was ashamed, i said i was uncomfortable. im all for tolerance and what not but i dont have to tolerate someone who has a blatant disregard for the right of those around them to be comfortable with their surroundings. they are the stereotype my friends thought all gay people fell into and had a really negative view of gay people me coming out changed a lot of opinions i was also some peoples first gay friend too. i can stand behind LGBA people, but TQ are difficult for different reasons

so yeah now that you have made me recap everything i have come to understand about sex and gender to a point i think my sociology teacher would be proud of maybe not necessarily with my views gender queer people though : if anything you have made me reaffirm position even more with myself and im perfectly happy with where i am in life i stand by my views even now that you have basically tried to make me look like an a** by calling me out on my beliefs which isnt a very tolerant or understanding position to take in an argument of equality i might add. if i had my way id give everyone equal rights and we'd all get a long but it's not gonna happen my way now is it their are way too many differing view points in this country to allow for that. so calling me in more words an "a**" because im uncomfortable around super feminine men is really rather sad. sorry i can't be super confident and whatnot, but attacking me for it is pointless go write an angrily worded letter to your congress person or something next time.

have a nice day

sorry i made you feel like i was attacking you and thank you for the unnecessary (and slightly inaccurate) lesson. i just find it sad that you think our community needs to rein in our self-expression and "normalize" in order to get rights. isn't that kind of against the point?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:33 pm
schulte
Vaan_Lohengrin
schulte
Vaan_Lohengrin

i care if they keep it going. their half the reason people can continue to deny us rights. they cant pull it together for a year so we can get all the rights and stuff passed first..

so let me get this straight. you think that the LGBT community is being denied rights because some men are effeminate and some women are masculine?
you're obviously ashamed of those who don't fall within the sexist gender-conforming binary of manly men and girly girls; i'm surprised you even agree with men being with other men and women being with other women. or are you against other sexual orientations besides "straight" along with being against other gender expression besides "normal"?
i dont think, i know. one of the governors running for NY went to a effing pride parade and we convinced him single handedly that we were a effing subspecies. -_-
never said i was ashamed, i said i was uncomfortable. im all for tolerance and what not but i dont have to tolerate someone who has a blatant disregard for the right of those around them to be comfortable with their surroundings. they are the stereotype my friends thought all gay people fell into and had a really negative view of gay people me coming out changed a lot of opinions i was also some peoples first gay friend too. i can stand behind LGBA people, but TQ are difficult for different reasons

so yeah now that you have made me recap everything i have come to understand about sex and gender to a point i think my sociology teacher would be proud of maybe not necessarily with my views gender queer people though : if anything you have made me reaffirm position even more with myself and im perfectly happy with where i am in life i stand by my views even now that you have basically tried to make me look like an a** by calling me out on my beliefs which isnt a very tolerant or understanding position to take in an argument of equality i might add. if i had my way id give everyone equal rights and we'd all get a long but it's not gonna happen my way now is it their are way too many differing view points in this country to allow for that. so calling me in more words an "a**" because im uncomfortable around super feminine men is really rather sad. sorry i can't be super confident and whatnot, but attacking me for it is pointless go write an angrily worded letter to your congress person or something next time.

have a nice day

sorry i made you feel like i was attacking you and thank you for the unnecessary (and slightly inaccurate) lesson. i just find it sad that you think our community needs to rein in our self-expression and "normalize" in order to get rights. isn't that kind of against the point?

so long as you get the rights you want i dont see the problem...
self-expression is fine. but the stereotype the "normals" see is the one celebrating sex and lust. women are treated as second class citizens. men dress can dress like women. those men will also be treated as second class citizens. and those in charge will make sure of it.  

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:54 pm
schulte
Vaan_Lohengrin
schulte
Vaan_Lohengrin

have a nice day

your post makes me wish they would hurry up and make it so you can tip posts in guilds biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:45 pm
Tastes are tastes that are different depending on who you are, and some guys like the taste of skittles, I just don't. Personally I have no problem with feminine guys just as long as they don't walk up to me like, "*smacks lips* Haaai booooiii" I smackabitch if they annoy me purposefully. I have a few gay feminine friends. Of course most of my friends are female, but that's not point.  

Reveladom

Omnipresent Loiterer

15,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:12 pm
There are certain personality traits that I find obnoxious and annoying, regardless of the sexuality or gender of the person displaying them.

For example, the "flamboyant drama queen" attitude is extremely grating, whether it's exhibited by a man, a woman, or anyone.

Dear self-proclaimed divas: The strutting, the preening, the self-absorption, the melodrama... these things do not make you "fierce". They make you repellent. biggrin Have a nice day.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 am
Deleteasaurus
MissDemeter
Deleteasaurus

This comment is completely unnecessary and unacceptable. This is not a guild where we make hateful comments about people who are different. That's rude and it makes you seem intolerant. If you can't keep your hateful statements to yourself, then don't post here. This is a place where all people are accepted here, not just your perception of what should or shouldn't be accepted. You are acting like the very thing this guild stands against. Please stop posting harmful and instigative comments. You have different views, we all do, but go about explaining them in an civil way. This is not an official warning, but I will issue one if it happens again.  

FeenixPhyre18

Tipsy Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers