Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Naive people (rant) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visual Brian

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:07 pm
Awh now I feel bad cause people are getting upset and no one's agreeing with you. D:

-hug-

I do sort of see what you mean though; it can get irritating sometimes.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:26 pm
Insatiable Lust
You know what gets on MY nerves? Hypocrites.

So let me get this straight.... you're ragging on this girl because of something SHE HAS NO CONTROL OVER?! You know who else does that? Homophobes. That's right, you're a hypocrite. Congratulations! Way to totally act like a douche!

Woah bud - calm down!
No need to go all FUUUUUUUUUUUUU over this.
The anger isn't so much towards the fact that the girl was sheltered and has it all, but towards the fact that she refuses to learn and flaunts that she has it all.
And THAT is a choice.
If it weren't, my friend from the upper class family wouldn't be able to recognize that people have it harder and would flaunt her families wealth in my face. Which she does neither of. She knows people have it harder and is grateful for what she has.
With the girl in question of this topic, that's not the case.

So calm down - nobody likes a hypocrite but you don't have to be a douche yourself about it. There are nicer ways of stating things without raging over the internet.

ErthGrl9870

Friendly Conversationalist

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:09 am
I can understand the irritation too, but in her defense, I would say that at that age, almost EVERYONE is annoying to older folk. On average, most people learn the most about society in high school, unless they went to a private school or something.

I was a horribly sheltered child. When I hit adulthood, I basically hit the ground running, because being raised like that is crippling to your development. Becoming totally independent is not something that can be done on demand when you've had a mom and dad that never let you budge an inch or never told you anything, but I had some progress after a few herps and derps. I am almost twenty and I am still learning things most people got used to years ago, so I sympathize with anyone who had the same problem.
I am socially awkward, because I couldn't leave anywhere on my own until I went to college (against my parents wishes, at that). My past employer gave me hell about it, and I am still learning to cope with it and catch up with the rest of my age group. So I am still naive about many things. But I want to learn so that I can be more normal-like.

Now as in this girl's case, she still has a long way to go, I mean she's only 13. Once she graduates, if she still refuses to grow up, THEN she's screwed. The case here is her willingness to learn about the world, and when you're young I can understand that its hard to do so with overbearing parents. But if she was older, then she would be far more irritating. I would know. Those that go to community college and are STILL that naive are....really annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:19 am
ErthGrl9870
Insatiable Lust

So let me get this straight.... you're ragging on this girl because of something SHE HAS NO CONTROL OVER?! You know who else does that? Homophobes. That's right, you're a hypocrite. Congratulations! Way to totally act like a douche!

Woah bud - calm down!
The anger isn't so much towards the fact that the girl was sheltered and has it all, but towards the fact that she refuses to learn and flaunts that she has it all.
And THAT is a choice.
If it weren't, my friend from the upper class family wouldn't be able to recognize that people have it harder and would flaunt her families wealth in my face. Which she does neither of. She knows people have it harder and is grateful for what she has.

So calm down - nobody likes a hypocrite but you don't have to be a douche yourself about it. There are nicer ways of stating things without raging over the internet.

i reread the op and i may be missing it but i dont see where it says she is flaunting all the good things she has in her life. to me is sounds like the op is complaining that someone complains about little things in their life while other people have it worse, which is normal for everyone of any age group.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

ErthGrl9870

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:08 pm
Shanna66
ErthGrl9870
Insatiable Lust

Woah bud - calm down!
And THAT is a choice.

i reread the op and i may be missing it but i dont see where it says she is flaunting all the good things she has in her life. to me is sounds like the op is complaining that someone complains about little things in their life while other people have it worse, which is normal for everyone of any age group.

Either way, this whole topic is no reason to start calling people douches and raging. Most of what I said can still apply - even if I did throw in my own two cents on top of the op.

In the end Insatiable Lust could have handled things more constructively and more politely than they did - which is the point I was really trying to make.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:21 am
ErthGrl9870
Shanna66
ErthGrl9870
Insatiable Lust

Woah bud - calm down!
And THAT is a choice.

Either way, this whole topic is no reason to start calling people douches and raging. Most of what I said can still apply - even if I did throw in my own two cents on top of the op.

In the end Insatiable Lust could have handled things more constructively and more politely than they did - which is the point I was really trying to make.

well i do agree that calling people a douche is pretty rude and something i would never do.

@ insatiable lust
everyone is a hypocrite. im sure we have all judged someone based on something they probably have no control over  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:22 pm
ErthGrl9870
Insatiable Lust

Woah bud - calm down!
And THAT is a choice.

You're ignorant for thinking I'd rage over something like that. Sure I think she's being, judgmental, and a hypocrite, but I really don't care enough to "rage" over it. I interpreted the situation differently than you, and I responded as such. I'm not her dad, so I'm not going to sit there and coddle her. I'm going to call people out on their bull s**t. If you don't like the way I put things, then block me. As simple as that.

@Shana: Actually no, I am not a hypocrite. Maybe you are.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:20 am
Thirteen? Dude. Seriously, people around that age are like that. It happens. And you never know, just because people are far worse off than she is doesn't mean she is not suffering at all. Just because there are people out there who have it far worse, it does not mean that people have their own problems in life. You never know, she could be suffering from depression. I get bullied alot, i feel like im always alone in the world and i look downright ugly. Yes i whine about it. But i still know there are people worse off than me and i am glad im not them but my life isn't the best it can be but at least im not homeless. People whine all the time. Chill.  

GodIsNotReal101

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:50 am
Insatiable Lust
ErthGrl9870
Insatiable Lust

Woah bud - calm down!
And THAT is a choice.

You're ignorant for thinking I'd rage over something like that. Sure I think she's being, judgmental, and a hypocrite, but I really don't care enough to "rage" over it. I interpreted the situation differently than you, and I responded as such. I'm not her dad, so I'm not going to sit there and coddle her. I'm going to call people out on their bull s**t. If you don't like the way I put things, then block me. As simple as that.

of course i am, everyone is about one thing or another, just human nature  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:04 pm
Insatiable Lust

ok i've seen you in threads yourself and i can honestly say being called a hypocrite by YOU OF ALL PEOPLE means absolutly nothing to me, which is my way of saying LOOK WHO'S TALKING!  

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200

etluhcs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:12 pm
this girl is only 12 years old, give her a break. she's still a child. she needs time to actually experience the world and mature.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:39 pm
I hate parents who shield thier kids, they only make the world harder for thier kids. Thank god I have parents who didnt lie to me about REAL s**t. My parents are chill and dont mind that I'm the only non-cristian in a family of four.  

Ronin Ranko

Virtuous Smoker

ErthGrl9870

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:09 pm
Insatiable Lust
ErthGrl9870
Insatiable Lust

Woah bud - calm down!
And THAT is a choice.

How was I being ignorant? You're insulting people for no real reason other than your own opinion over the internet and that's how I define raging over the internet.
Maybe some people just define things differently than you.

Like seriously - saying somebody sounds like a douche isn't a very intelligent way of getting your point across.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:36 pm
Everyone learns in their own way, in their own time, for their own reasons. Who are you to say that she needs to grow up before she has to? I wish I were 13 again, and that I was just that innocent again. Just because we've had crappy lives is no reason we should be jealous or hateful towards others for being lucky enough to live that kind of sheltered life. She's just a little girl. 13 is, contrary to what today's society seems to think, the age of children. When you're older, or when you're a parent, you're going to be shocked and appalled at your own behavior towards this child.

Man, I KNOW it sucks having to deal with people who don't get it, but instead of getting pissed, be happy that they get to have that kind of innocence. Don't freaking destroy it.  

obamaurmama

Wintry Avenger

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:11 pm
Sarah_L_Awesome
Insatiable Lust

ok i've seen you in threads yourself and i can honestly say being called a hypocrite by YOU OF ALL PEOPLE means absolutly nothing to me, which is my way of saying LOOK WHO'S TALKING!

What more could I have expected from a child other than, "I know you are, but what am I?"  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff