Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
who here hate hate hates those people that go ''thats so gay Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baron Barker

Virtuous Werewolf

6,475 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:49 am
i'm ok with gays as long as they don't sodomize me...>_<  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:59 am
Honestly, I don't give a damn.
I'm gay myself and I find it just a phrase, not as a "way to go against the gay community". I think something more along the lines of "gays will burn in hell" as rude. Hell, I don't see why anyone would give a damn what some prepubescent ******** would say.  

Caffeinated ScArEcRoW

YaoiBoi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:00 pm
Baron Barker
i'm ok with gays as long as they don't sodomize me...>_<

I had a good lawl from that, thank you!
rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:21 pm
Oh, that drives me nuts. I realize that words are just words, but I always feel like by saying that one is associating the word "gay" with bad. I usually try to tell people to stop when I hear them say it, but most of the time it's from my 12 year old potty-mouthed little brother on X-box Live.

It's a hassle, but I'm also just releived that I got him to stop yelling "f**". He doesn't mean to be offensive, but he hears it from his friends who toss the word around as often as "Sh*t" or "F*ck".

The negtive usage definitely is not the biggest problem the LGBT community, but I certainly hope we can all grow out of it as a society.  

Amulet_Bunny

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
  • Signature Look 250

Saturdays Tierce

Witty Informer

7,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:44 pm
I'll just give them a side glance and say, "Really?" or If I'm in a good mood, "You rang?"

Honestly, I take it personally often, cause to me it is. Saying Gay in place of stupid only says what you really think of Homosexuality, and if you disagree with Homophobia, then why support it by using such a degrading remark in the first place? [/rant]

Most people will catch themselves around me now, and apologize.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:41 am
Ever been to the TsF? Ya'll sure be stabbing alot of people...

Anyway, apparently the new word for 'gay' (as in the 'that's so gay' sense) is 'gaybod'. I don't even know where they get that from. People started using it near my 'hood when others who don't use the word 'gay' in such a way started replying with 'and could you explain how an inanimate object can be homosexual?'. Honestly, slang these days... v.v

twisted  

Akumu Soul

6,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Bidding War 100

Juxtaposedjoker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:00 am
Zinnia Jones on youtube makes a very good argument about why it's offensive and even can lead to negative thinking against gays. The importance of the meaning of language etc. He does it far better than I. I highly recommend watching it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smOmn1s9WCI&feature=channel_video_title

"but if you don't care about that then you shouldn't care if we think you're a borderline homophobe and an ignorant child. Hey, they're just words right?"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:48 am
~~

Well...It depends on what they're using it as. And even if it's ment to be offensive, the word only has as much meaning as you give it.

My sister is bi/lesbian, but when my best friend Shane says "That is so gay!" while he's playing a video game and dies or something, I don't take offense. Neither does she, that I'm aware of. Why? Because he's just replacing "That is so unfair!" with "That is so gay!"

"Gay" actually is also used as a word for "pretty" or "elegant" in some books.
Maybe the offensive term of "gay" came from the fact that some people consider "gays" to be "pretty and girly"? So, sometimes, "pretties" equals "gays," and vice versa.

Wait....Does that mean when the Witch in the Wizard of Oz says, "Fly my pretties!" she's saying, "Fly my gays!"? o_o

~~

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:05 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
~~

Well...It depends on what they're using it as. And even if it's ment to be offensive, the word only has as much meaning as you give it.

My sister is bi/lesbian, but when my best friend Shane says "That is so gay!" while he's playing a video game and dies or something, I don't take offense. Neither does she, that I'm aware of. Why? Because he's just replacing "That is so unfair!" with "That is so gay!"

"Gay" actually is also used as a word for "pretty" or "elegant" in some books.
Maybe the offensive term of "gay" came from the fact that some people consider "gays" to be "pretty and girly"? So, sometimes, "pretties" equals "gays," and vice versa.

Wait....Does that mean when the Witch in the Wizard of Oz says, "Fly my pretties!" she's saying, "Fly my gays!"? o_o

~~

damn those little homo monkies. im sorry, that was my first thought when i read your post XD  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:17 pm
Actually I don't care, I always respond. "Nah that doesn't look to happy." For something like that if its an action or a fail of some sort. But it shouldn't really matter if people say that. Its just slang and shows their ignorance really.  

SadaKiyo

Streaker

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've learnt to not give a s**t about that anymore. Hell, the word "lame" has become a part of our everyday language, and in the old days, lame was used to describe physical injuries and the like.

(Brushes by Obsidian Dawn)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:31 pm
Allot of people say "that's so gay" probably even gays themselves!!
Heck even I do and i'm bisexual. I draw the line when people say "f**" and other offensive words though..
Also it grinds my gears when people say "lesbo".  

ll-Mystic Rhythms-ll

PandaTeddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:50 pm
Gay has sooo many different meanings that most of the time they probably don't even mean "wow, that's so homosexual" and they actually mean "wow, that so's dumb or silly."
I say stuff is gay all the time. My friends and I call each other fags and flaming lesbians and say that things we do are gay. It doesn't even bother me when my straight friends say it because I know that they aren't attacking the GLBT community when they say it and even if someone is, so what? Don't let it bother you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:50 pm
I say such things all the time. I also call my friends "fags" and "queers". I also happen to be non-heterosexual.
Words don't bother me at all, nor should they. They're simple words, so I simply don't let them hurt me. If I say it around someone who doesn't like it, then they probably shouldn't be hanging around me or my friends. Ever. Because saying terms and phrases such as those is nothing compared to some s**t we say.

Deleteasaurus

Rose Villain

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:48 pm
She Promised You Cookies
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've learnt to not give a s**t about that anymore. Hell, the word "lame" has become a part of our everyday language, and in the old days, lame was used to describe physical injuries and the like.

(Brushes by Obsidian Dawn)

This.
There's a lot of words we use everyday that are actually offensive, but we use em. I stopped caring.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff