Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Need help choosing birthday gift. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one?
  Rare Netbook
  Money
  Something else (post!)
View Results

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 am
Which would you prefer?

Personally I would go with the money, for reasons that you can spend it on what ever you want.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 am
Ive desided to go with a netbook. Because all the netbooks I want are becoming older and harder to find and I thought to myself. Better earlier than later.  

Hogosha neko

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:09 am
00Shoe
Which would you prefer?

Personally I would go with the money, for reasons that you can spend it on what ever you want.

I thought about that. And I asked my parents. Id just be getting less money than a netbook costs.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:11 am
I would NOT go for a "Netbook"... go for a full blown Laptop whenever possible, simply because Netbooks have nowhere as much capabilities as a Laptop. Plus, Netbooks are, frankly, too dam small; Even a I-touch is better, due to the fact that you're not peering at tiny little text and pictures like you do with a Netbook. Hell, even a I-Pad is better than a Netbook in many ways, and all I-Pads are is REALLY over sized I-Touches.

Oh, and on the subject of drugs....I live in B.C. we're known for the quality of our Marijuna. B.C Bud, its called.... and damn is it good. Won't eat holes in your brain like Crack and Meth, or cause your brain to, literally, cook like Ecstasy will ....  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:41 pm
Lazurkri
I would NOT go for a "Netbook"... go for a full blown Laptop whenever possible, simply because Netbooks have nowhere as much capabilities as a Laptop. Plus, Netbooks are, frankly, too dam small; Even a I-touch is better, due to the fact that you're not peering at tiny little text and pictures like you do with a Netbook. Hell, even a I-Pad is better than a Netbook in many ways, and all I-Pads are is REALLY over sized I-Touches.

Oh, and on the subject of drugs....I live in B.C. we're known for the quality of our Marijuna. B.C Bud, its called.... and damn is it good. Won't eat holes in your brain like Crack and Meth, or cause your brain to, literally, cook like Ecstasy will ....

Thats a matter of opinion. Im useing at this very moment an $1100 gaming laptop thats more powerful than nearly everything ive been around except for two exceptions (an alienware M17X and a custom desktop).
The ipod touch and ipad are both crap in my eyes. Ones a week little media player and the other a much bigger media player. Not to mention they both cost way to damn much, much more than there worth. And besides I have a $600 smartphone that beats the ipod touch by a mile.

Your being a bit shallow here. You say netbooks are to damn smell then say to get a ipod touch or ipad? the ipod touch is as small as it gets in that area and ipads are the exact same size AND resolution of netbooks.

Im getting a netbook for its size and functionality. I can mod a netbook, upgrade them, do things that require FLASH on them, and so much more.

So lets compair here.

Ipad vs. Netbook

netbooks are cheaper.

netbooks can preform flash.

netbooks are not restricted to itunes.

netbooks have a physical keyboard.

netbooks are much more powerful.

netbooks are upgradeable

netbooks have WAY more space on them.

netbooks are more durable.

the only area id say an ipad beats a netbook would be in design, and build quality, and child friendliness (in some ways).

like its been said. Ipad... half the functionality of a netbook...at twice the price.

(ehem, sorry for that. Me geekieness cant stand things like this without logic)

And marijuana actually does affect your brain. And not in a good way....  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:49 pm
I'd rather have a netbook than an iPad or something similar. They're capable of so much more.
Although I prefer desktop PCs to them all.

I don't think you can physically upgrade a netbook. Maybe with software, but hardware upgrade choices are very limited if not nonexistant for laptops and netbooks.

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:01 pm
Ghost Pancakes
I'd rather have a netbook than an iPad or something similar. They're capable of so much more.
Although I prefer desktop PCs to them all.

I don't think you can physically upgrade a netbook. Maybe with software, but hardware upgrade choices are very limited if not nonexistant for laptops and netbooks.

Netbooks have generally the same components as most laptops. Hard drives and ram are very easy to find for netbooks :3

Things like bluetooth, Wireless cards, hard drives, and ram are just as easy to upgrade and such in a netbook as they are in a desktop.  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff