Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Artificial vs. Natural? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SoilWork

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:55 pm
Like most i'd tend to agree that it doesn't matter, as in whatever works for you. If you didn't know that it wasn't natural and thought that it was, I don't think it would have any effect upon the ritual. But in the sense of leaving offerings I think it MAY matter, since my offerings have never been too complex I wouldn't know but i'd assume that the entity could tell that it was not real....or know your intentions and not really care.

I do have a confession to make though, I would prefer to use an oak wand that I made myself over a plastic wand that I could find in a childrens store, reason being that it would take away from the psychodrama and the altered state of mind needed for successful rituals. So to pretty much sum it up, if all natural works for you then use it, whatever gets you into the "mood" to do a ritual.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:39 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
(NOT A WORD TSUZUKI!) scream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~Poke~ stare
You summoned me?
Warded against you would be more accurate.
Did it work?  

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:40 pm
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
(NOT A WORD TSUZUKI!) scream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~Poke~ stare
You summoned me?
Did it work?
Yes  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:47 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai

~Poke~ stare
You summoned me?
Did it work?
Yes
Oh.  

Tsuzuki

daine_the_wild_mage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:18 pm
i find natural always wins.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:29 pm
daine_the_wild_mage
And why is that?  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:44 pm
TeaDidikai
daine_the_wild_mage
And why is that?

Lol.
Personally I work a lot with stones and crystals. Muoqi marbles (if that's how you spell them - the manmade ones) do have an entirely different feel from normal stones. Not to say i wouldn't use them, i just haven't found a use for them yet. I do find a vast difference in normal agates and those that have been dyed by artificial colors. Their uses have been altered by the colors, and any spirits in them are either outraged or have buggered off. Therefore they'd be of less use to me. But I'm sure they could be used for other things, depending on your style. If you work a lot with just color it'd be right up your alley. To each their own...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:59 am
I think, as folks have mostly-sort of said, that for me, it is really the essence of the thing that matters.

I don't have trouble working with "natural" materials, and I do use them all the time, but I also don't have trouble working with things like concrete, asphalt, Twinkies, and Magic cards.

It just depends on what I need them for, and what is right for the job.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:13 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
daine_the_wild_mage
And why is that?

Lol.
Personally I work a lot with stones and crystals. Muoqi marbles (if that's how you spell them - the manmade ones) do have an entirely different feel from normal stones. Not to say i wouldn't use them, i just haven't found a use for them yet. I do find a vast difference in normal agates and those that have been dyed by artificial colors. Their uses have been altered by the colors, and any spirits in them are either outraged or have buggered off. Therefore they'd be of less use to me. But I'm sure they could be used for other things, depending on your style. If you work a lot with just color it'd be right up your alley. To each their own...
Fair enough.

I tend to look at things like reconstituted amber and wonder why people wig out so much about it.

If you can't tell the difference, why worry about it right?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:37 am
While I'd tend to work with more "natural" items from a psychological aspect, I would say that, given that I use tarot cards sometimes as well, "natural" versus "artificial" doesn't actually come to much in the long run, other than in how it impacts your psychology. In one instance, I've actually been helped somewhat by "artificial" means - I did a reading for someone with whom I felt I was face-to-face with because we were talking online. It eliminated the distance between us, for me, and allowed me to do it.  

Crysiana

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:20 am
Sivirs
Would a banishing spell using paper and fire be inherently more successful than a banishing spell using a floppy disk and a magnet?

Paper is artificial, just to be semantic, but I am soooo going to try a magnet and floppy disk for my next banishing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:27 am
reagun ban
Paper is artificial, just to be semantic, but I am soooo going to try a magnet and floppy disk for my next banishing.

Touche. redface

The floppy disk magnet banishing is one of my personal favorites; I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't an audible CLICK of joy and things falling into place from inside my head when I first learned it a few years back from some kindly technopagan.

Write the name of the thing/habit/person/etc you banish in a txt file, include other related files if you've got 'em (yay JPEGs!), save onto floppy, grab the magnet, and have a ball. It's cheap in terms of ingredients, and provides a beautiful, geeky feeling. heart  

Sivirs

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:53 am
Sivirs
reagun ban

Touche. redface

The floppy disk magnet banishing is one of my personal favorites; I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't an audible CLICK of joy and things falling into place from inside my head when I first learned it a few years back from some kindly technopagan.

Write the name of the thing/habit/person/etc you banish in a txt file, include other related files if you've got 'em (yay JPEGs!), save onto floppy, grab the magnet, and have a ball. It's cheap in terms of ingredients, and provides a beautiful, geeky feeling. heart

Well considering my upgrade to Technomancer by missmagpie there, when she finally got around to joining wd.org, I figure I should look more into the techniques of technomancy. Especially now that I have my webserver. I may write a script to echo out a blessing a few times, just so the webserver "says" the blessing and, thus, is sanctified.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:55 am
Sivirs
reagun ban

Touche. redface

Just had to say it: That's so cool! Geekiness aside, that's one of the most creative banishings i've ever heard of. Dammit! I almost want an excuse to try it now!  

Pelta

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:04 am
missmagpie
Just had to say it: That's so cool! Geekiness aside, that's one of the most creative banishings i've ever heard of. Dammit! I almost want an excuse to try it now!

All we have to do is get a photo of that fundy who keeps showing up at the moots.... then, oh yes... then she will feel our wrath..... fwa ha ha ha ha.... I mean magic can only be used for pure good reasons  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff