Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The possible down-sides to the 3DS. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 pm
To be honest I wouldn't care much if I couldn't see 3D (which I can), as the 3DS seems like an awesome console anyway. I'd want it just as much if it had no 3D. For me 3D is just a added bonus. Wouldn't be bothered if it was taken away, not particularly excited about the 3D either. What REALLY matters is the games. When choosing consoles or deciding which ones I like most, I don't look at the hardware, features, or gimmicks. I look at the games. If a system has good games, it's a good system. If a good piece of hardware has bad games, it's a bad system.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:14 pm
3D or not, there's still a bunch of kickass new features and a mind-blowing lineup.  

Waynebrizzle

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:28 pm
Yeah, but if the 3D doesn't work for you, it kinda cripples the selling point of the console. It's like me and the Wii; my hand-eye coordination disability impedes me from really being able to fully enjoy the thing.

It's like, you score a date with Kristen Bell* and you have an amazing night, but when you go to get down to business, your d**k falls off.

*Replace with crush object of your choice  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:46 pm
Allegro
Yeah, but if the 3D doesn't work for you, it kinda cripples the selling point of the console. It's like me and the Wii; my hand-eye coordination disability impedes me from really being able to fully enjoy the thing.

It's like, you score a date with Kristen Bell* and you have an amazing night, but when you go to get down to business, your d**k falls off.

Except those points are totally unrelated and you buy a console for the games, not the gimmicks.  

Cosair

Conversationalist

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:49 pm
Allegro

More like she zaps your d**k off. >:3  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:09 pm
Cosplay Tokoro

Except those points are totally unrelated and you buy a console for the games, not the gimmicks.
This explains why the Gamecube/N64 did so much better than the Wii.

Edit: Maybe YOU buy a console for the games, but you're not Nintendo's target market anymore.  

Allegro

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:48 pm
Kristen Bell is a dumb b***h and a horrible actress anyway. And who is Nintendo's target market, then?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:57 am
Allegro
Eye damage, doubtful, but I can see this wreaking havoc with people who suffer from migraines of any sort.
its not like its THIS or anything  

Xilo The Odd

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:51 am
Meta_Fish
Kristen Bell is a dumb b***h and a horrible actress anyway. And who is Nintendo's target market, then?
Everyone. Nintendo wants a system with the broadest appeal possible, which is exactly what they did with the Wii, to great success.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:21 pm
Allegro
Meta_Fish
Everyone. Nintendo wants a system with the broadest appeal possible, which is exactly what they did with the Wii, to great success.
In other words, it appeals to people who don't know much about gaming because it has a gimmick, and people like us who use it to play games... Not sure what else you would use it for really...  

Super Cheesio

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:44 pm
Super Cheesio
Allegro
Meta_Fish
In other words, it appeals to people who don't know much about gaming because it has a gimmick, and people like us who use it to play games... Not sure what else you would use it for really...
The point is, the attempt to spread the love around can cripple the system to a degree. Remember Red Steel 1, right around when we realized the Wii still needed Motion Plus? The Wii still worked/, but it was clear it wasn't living up to the potential it had to appeal to real gamers.

That's the pitfall Ninty faces with the 3DS.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:23 pm
Allegro
Maybe YOU buy a console for the games, but you're not Nintendo's target market anymore.

Allegro
Meta_Fish
And who is Nintendo's target market, then?
I apply under everyone?

And I thought Nintendo was going for more of the hardcore market with the 3DS, anyway. It seems that way from the system specs and the game lineup, to me, at least. They face the pitfall of the 3D effect being a gimmick, sure, but it's obvious it's not required, because you can just turn it off at any time for any game with a slide.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:54 pm
emo Fish pointed out a contradiction. I give up.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:04 pm
The improved graphics and analog stick are enough to sell the 3DS to me anyways. The 3D is just an awesome bonus (I'm usually laying down on my bed when playing my DS anyways).  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Meta_Fish
I apply under everyone?

You definitely apply, but Nintendo is trying to spread the love, instead of going for a focus, like before. You're still getting a milkshake, but it's watery.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff