Welcome to Gaia! ::

D-T3CH :: HyTech . Basement . C*cktail

Back to Guilds

Joint Guild for Hybrid Technica, The Basement, and C*cktail 

Tags: hytech, hyte, basement, hexes, cocktail 

Reply -[ .hybrid TECHNICA. ]-
[FIN:]Shoestring Budget, Airship Dreams[Sorcha,Cottage crew] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:52 pm
Dacj was still numbly processing the whole "loot a planet" idea but the mention of the Old Empire drove her straight back to gaping. She almost protested on account of Chaos alone but--well--hadn't Sovreen's Final Strike or whatever purified everything left? So perfectly safe...technically speaking. Plus, the cold did not sound fun even with proper gear, and Dacj wasn't one much for zombies either.

"Let's give the Old Empire a go then, shall we?"
It'd serve the stuffy Ti'ama right to loot their pet civilizations, and Dacj wasn't above being vindictive when the mood struck her.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:03 pm
Sorcha nodded completely willing to explore a new world happily went along with it "Well I don't really know much about the Old Empire so unless you have a better idea Sovreen seems like a safe bet for looting as that's where the court was."  

Lord of the Deep

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:11 pm
"Anywhere but there please," Dacj said with a shudder. Purified though the worlds may be, who knew what kinds of ghosts were lurking on a moon that had been the setting for--thousands of years of backstabbing and treachery and imperial ambition. "It would be too much like tempting fate. Besides, I'm not really sure how much of it was actually left after...after Empress Sovreen's final strike." No, best to give that moon a nice wide berth...

"Any of the older worlds would do, I'm sure. I mean, the shrines alone they used to build to venerate their individual Ti'ama would probably work pretty handily for 'salvage'..."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:19 pm
Sorcha went along even as reckless she was something that worried Dacj that much was something she'd rather have Na-kun along for and there where a number of other coordinates as well "Alright somewhere else it is then, I don't have much more then a list of names and coordinates though so if you have more of an idea which of these are older worlds.." Sorcha pulled a paper with a list of names followed by strange symbols out from her top and handed it over to Dacj.  

Lord of the Deep

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:52 pm
Dacj stifled a chuckle at Sorcha's preferred stashing place and unfolded it carefully, eyeing the list with an intense scrutiny. She'd done a tiny bit of studying up on the Old Empire, probably not nearly what Eli'd done in his time, but...

"That one," she said, holding the list out and jabbing her finger at 'Zephyrus.' "Definitely one of the older worlds." She remembered because its Contractors were often maneuvering in line for the Imperial throne--for that to happen, their bloodlines had to go pretty far back. "I think there's a lot of caves. Cave-dwellings. People used to make a fuss about how their Contractors were stronger because they 'dwelt closer to their God' or something."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:01 pm
Sorcha nodded "Almighty, caves should be interesting. So should we recruit some people to help our delicate female selves with out looting. OR.." Sorcha gave Dacj a lavacious smile "Would you we take the trip as a chance to get a bit of 'alone time'?"  

Lord of the Deep

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:08 pm
Hmm, so very tempting...but there were probably better places than dead planets to get 'alone time.' Plus, free labor sounded like a great idea. "Hmm...sadly, I think we'll be better off with help. But--" Dacj tapped a finger to her lips. "Say I let it slip to Eli we're raiding Old Imperial worlds, and he'll insist on coming along because he'd worry himself to death otherwise. And then I can ask Seth along and even ask him specifically to keep Eli busy so we do get alone time anyway. It could be a win win situation!" Not that she was at all sure Seth would be game for salvage on dead worlds (and Eli would almost certainly protest strenuously, but he'd come along anyway)...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:17 pm
"Yeah that does seem like a plan, and Eli's magic could be really useful clearing cave-ins, carrying the loot heck he could reduce the manual labor to almost nothing." Sorcha mused and then got a grinned mischievously "Plus I'm pretty sure if we got started Eli would very quickly give use alone time any way, and I have to admit being a bit curious about Seth and this will give me a chance to get to know him, any one else we should invite along?"  

Lord of the Deep

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:22 pm
"Eli is a very useful sort of guy," Dacj said wryly. She hadn't actually been planning to take advantage of his superior magic skills, but Sorcha's points were well made. And he'd probably find the whole thing so cringeworthy he wouldn't even want a share of the profits--a plus in Sorcha's book.

"Just remember while you're 'getting to know Seth' that he doesn't know I like him and I'd really rather it stayed that way," Dacj warned. It wasn't that she didn't trust Sorcha to be discreet it was...well...could Sorcha be discreet?! "I think that's a solid group to have. More people...well, if we need to make more than one of these trips, maybe we'll see about adjusting our roster for the next time."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:31 pm
Sorcha snorted "Hey have a little faith in me at least I will say nothing of your lustful desires of your sisters fiancee." poking a bit of fun at Dacj in response to the lack of faith carried in Dacj's words "And four is a good group for a first run since we don't really know what we'll find. So how will we go about inviting our dear laborers?"  

Lord of the Deep

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:55 pm
Dacj rolled her eyes. "My sister's not exactly doing a bangup job of being a fiance, if I'm around him more than she is." Ouch, her resentment was definitely showing. There was no way to salvage that with any shred of dignity. Moving on then...

"I can take care of invites," she said, with a shrug. "Just give me a date, and I'll see what I can do."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:05 pm
Sorcha gave Dacj a raised eyebrow at the line about her sister "Well it will take a day or so to get every thing ready to go but aside from that the sooner the better." Sorcha then gave Dacj a hug and said softly "And if you want to talk about the stuff that's bothering you I'll listen."  

Lord of the Deep

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm
Dacj hugged her girlfriend back before resting her head lightly on Sorcha's shoulder with a little sigh. "Nothing really new, and nothing that doesn't just sound like whining, which it is. I'm a whiny kraken." And she had to admit she did feel guilty going on and on about Seth in front of Sorcha--it wasn't exactly fair to Sorcha! She should probably just shut up, suck it up, enjoy the girlfriend she did have and...well, worry about the rest later, as inevitably she always would.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:19 pm
Sorcha laughed a little bit at he whiny kraken line "Heh well maybe it is whining but people need to vent their feelings, though personally I tend to test out experimental weaponry there's just some thing therapeutic about reducing a bolder to molten slag you could try that if you wanted~"  

Lord of the Deep

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:24 pm
"Mmm, tempting," the kraken said wryly. "But I'll probably pass. I've got plenty of stuff to pound with a hammer up here, for instance..." she said, gesturing to the unfinished treehouse with a club tentacle.  
-[ .hybrid TECHNICA. ]-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff