Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Saying the word "fa**ot" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vociferous Virtuoso

Hilarious Genius

2,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Toffee Sock Scissor Betch
A bunch of sticks, said sticks being used to fuel the flames to burn homosexuals alive...
I don't like or use this word at all. neutral

I'm right there with you. (:  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:27 pm
I use it, usually jokingly with close friends.

It isn't something I'd use with someone I didn't know. I would be as likely to call someone a f*****t as I would be to call someone a c**t. It's an extremely strong word.

@Vociferous Virtuoso: Nice linguistic urban legend. The word "********" has never been an acronym, and it's certainly not "legal" anything. It's just a word.

How is swearing "linguistically and grammatically incorrect"?

Saying "i ain't go nowhere unless your gonna make me," is grammatically incorrect.

Saying "said" is pronounced [sid] or saying that Japanese is a romance language, those are incorrect linguistically.

The word f*****t doesn't have a single meaning, and hasn't for years. Words, and their meanings, evolve.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:22 pm
F*ggot only does as much damage as one allows.

For example, I play MW2 online on my friend's Xbox. I depise the n00b calling wars, with people trying to be cool, so I don't use a headset, and I mute the microphones. I determined that everyone who kills me is a f*ggot(jokingly, or course. I don't take games as srsbnss.). Well, my friend who I'm living with is bi, and he doesn't take offense to it.

Honestly, from what I've seen, the only ones who take offense to the term 'f*ggot' are straight people, only because it questions their sexuality. 90% of LGBT people I know outside of Gaia jokingly call each other f*gs, f*ggot, etc. It's pretty common. And the ones who don't aren't butthurt about it. They laugh, they just don't say it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:36 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

~*~*~*~*~
I don't use that word. I hate it, especially when people use it to describe people/things who are annoying or something else similar (like homework). My siblings use it all the time and it pisses me off. I will literally yell at them to stop.
And I'm straight.
~*~*~*~*~

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

MasterMion

4,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Reticence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:13 pm
In the end, words are simply what we make of them.

But I see no point in spoiling my vocabulary with words that have no beneficiary repercussions...

I do, however, refer to cigarettes as, 'fags.' But that's merely due to my geographical upbringing.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:30 am
I hate that word.
I get called it all the time, actually people will say(as much as i hate to type it out.

"A f*ggot n*igger" or "Look there goes that n*gger, she's a f*ggot." etc, etc..  

Shire Baggins

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:10 am
I don't go around using that word except in rare occaisons where I'm ranting to the point my vocabulary goes down the toilet. Inside my circle of friends its ok because I know they are using it jokingly. I'm just against using it in a hateful way, not against me but against people whom I care about. I have the same stigma with the n****r word. I hear it all the time, especially from my parents, so I'm pretty much unaffected by it. If someone wants to call me a n****r f**, they can just go ahead. They do it all the time anyway. I don't give a crap either way.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:46 am
I never use the word f*****t. It's not appropriate, just like ****** isn't appropriate ever.

And yes, you guys are right a f*****t is a bunch of sticks, but they're a bunch of sticks that was used to burn gay people during the Holocaust.

I don't think it's a word that will be reclaimed any time soon, right now it's just adding fuel to the fire, I think. No pun intended.

I know we hate it, but it's the same reason Swastica's won't be reclaimed by the Hindus, Buddhists, or Jainists any time soon.  

iMito
Vice Captain

Vociferous Virtuoso

Hilarious Genius

2,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:54 pm
I never use that word.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:56 pm
Vociferous Virtuoso
I never use that word...

"To ornament with fagoting."

I love that one.  

Reticence

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:59 pm
Unseamed
Vociferous Virtuoso
I never use that word...

"To an ornament with fagoting."

I love that one.

x3 Me too. I need to find a way to work that into a sentence. I could just like...find various bundles of sticks and place them around my apartment. If anyone asks what I'm doing, I'll just tell them I'm fagoting my living space.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:05 pm
Taeryyn
I use it, usually jokingly with close friends.

It isn't something I'd use with someone I didn't know. I would be as likely to call someone a f*****t as I would be to call someone a c**t. It's an extremely strong word.

@Vociferous Virtuoso: Nice linguistic urban legend. The word "********" has never been an acronym, and it's certainly not "legal" anything. It's just a word.

How is swearing "linguistically and grammatically incorrect"?

Saying "i ain't go nowhere unless your gonna make me," is grammatically incorrect.

Saying "said" is pronounced [sid] or saying that Japanese is a romance language, those are incorrect linguistically.

The word f*****t doesn't have a single meaning, and hasn't for years. Words, and their meanings, evolve.

I did some more research on it, and I guess you're right.
But I said using the "********" was linguistically and grammatically incorrect, which I know now isn't true, and I wasn't talking about swearing in general.

But I guess you just owned me(:  

Vociferous Virtuoso

Hilarious Genius

2,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Vociferous Virtuoso

Hilarious Genius

2,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:08 pm
Taeryyn
Unseamed
Vociferous Virtuoso
I never use that word...

"To an ornament with fagoting."

I love that one.

x3 Me too. I need to find a way to work that into a sentence. I could just like...find various bundles of sticks and place them around my apartment. If anyone asks what I'm doing, I'll just tell them I'm fagoting my living space.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:26 pm
I don't bother with words like that. I find it to be childish.  

Lil Sanguis

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items