Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Magical

Back to Guilds

This is a place where pagans, witches, and others who wish to know can come to learn from each other, and grow! 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Magic, Witchcraft, New Generation 

Reply *~General Discussion and Debate~*
nude rituals Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arabimitore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:53 pm
I prefer working nude, yes, but sometimes it just isn't possible.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 am
Well I seem to be the odd ball out.

I don't general like doing rituals naked. If it makes me fell weird to be naked and breaks my concentration, why do it? I prefer clothes of some variety whether it be clean street clothes or a specific ritual robe. really depends on what I'm planning on doing that day/night.

Artistic Genocide
Captain

Sanguina Cruenta

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:24 am
I don't think the Greeks did ritual naked, Gen, except maybe if they were maenads or devotees of Aphrodite or something wink so why would you do yours naked?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:30 am
Did I forget to leave that out? But your right. The greeks didn't do it naked anyways. It's just that I come across so much "woohoo! Naked time!" In my pagan community here that me not doing the naked thing moved from being a culturally and reconstructionally relevant decision to more of a personal choice, if that makes sense.

But then again, it was mostly personally to begin with because even when I was Eclectic I never went naked.

Artistic Genocide
Captain

Arabimitore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:47 pm
@ Genocide
My girlfriend prefers to work clothed as well, so it's not that strange. In fact, I've met more people who work clothed than skyclad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:39 pm
When my husband and I do rituals our clothes are usually based on what the ritual is for. If it is a cleansing ritual we tend to wear white.

Never tried doing a ritual naked. I know that if my husband ever gets his circle going I am NOT doing rituals naked. Im not comfortable with people staring at me. X_X  

Lyke Damn Thats Hawt

7,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:03 pm
Lyke Damn Thats Hawt
When my husband and I do rituals our clothes are usually based on what the ritual is for. If it is a cleansing ritual we tend to wear white.

Never tried doing a ritual naked. I know that if my husband ever gets his circle going I am NOT doing rituals naked. Im not comfortable with people staring at me. X_X
The people I do a lot of my ritual work with have a cure for this: they say, "Don't worry about how you look naked; everyone else is too busy worrying about how they look naked to notice."

I used to be really freaked out about the concept of ritual nudity, but I think being with a good group of people I like and respect has helped me to become more comfortable and natural with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 am
we came into this world naked, so why not? xD
some people like to do rituals in robes or cloaks,
or some kind of clothing like that,
bc they feel they have more energy and power when they do.
Basically, whatever you feel comfortable in.
you could do a ritual in sweatpants if you felt comfortable ^_^
it all depends on you, and what you like,
and what your comfortable in.  

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150

Shiny Luminosity

Girl-Crazy Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:50 pm
I don't. It distracts me, and really, at this point in my personal studying there hasn't been any call or need for it. If there is, then I might reconsider, especially if I am still flying solo. But for now, I'll stay in whatever clothes I need.  
*~General Discussion and Debate~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff