Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Bump This Page To 1,000 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lets do it!
  +1 Count
View Results

Elemental Doll

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:38 pm
Are you sure your not obsessed? Haha, I'm just playing. wink What's your favorite song from them? I've only heard one so far, and that's basically the one everyone else knows already. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:08 pm
User ImageI've been obsessed since I was about nine (and I'm seventeen now), so it's okay. xD

My favorite song by them is probably "Blind," though "Sweet Rain," "Hopeless," and "Words" have to be among my favorites, as well. What I love about them is that they write about ... well ... real life. Their lyrics are weird (in that they're not the way you would normally explain things ... "the way you cut a rug" isn't a necessarily the first thing you would look for in a soulmate, haha), but you get what they're saying. It's not about cutting rugs - it's about loving someone for their flaws and quirks instead of loving them despite those shortcomings. They're weird, and yet, they speak to the heart. I mean, when I say they wrote the soundtrack to my life, they really wrote it.

Your avatar is so cute, by the way!

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:01 am
NSTG has been way more active lately. I'm glad to see users being active again. =D  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:22 am
Ebony- I know exactly what you mean, although I haven't heard those songs yet. xD I'll be sure to check them out soon, though. wink I'm really sick of the songs that just talk about making love, drugs, etc. I don't feel they have much meaning.

Also, thank you for the compliment! I've always loved your avatars. heart

Amensu Saje- I agree! I'm glad I'm finally in a guild that's active! whee

Elemental Doll

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:39 pm
User ImageThey are pretty awesome songs. What kind of music do you like, Doll? C:

I definitely agree with you about the direction that the music industry is going nowadays. I wish it were about making love; there's no talk of real love in many songs on the radio today - just one-night-stands and strippers and meaningless sex. That's not love. That's emptiness. :(

And yes, we are becoming more active right now! We're consistently on the first page of My Guilds, which shows that people are posting more often. ^__^

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:23 pm
I basically like everything except jazz and country. ^^ I'm a big fan of classical and J-Pop also. d:
How about you?

Sigh. Usually when I listen to a song they just meet a girl, and they're already having sex. It's horrible. >_>

Elemental Doll

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:02 am
I'm working to get my guild on the first page of My Guilds. D= But it's going to take a lot of work, and I sometimes have trouble getting users to post. But we're currently running 1,100+ users. Although, nothing close to NSTG, GJC, etc, it's still an accomplishment for TGSGv2. =D

I'm kinda jumping in on a conversation I wasn't in, but I do agree with you two. Most songs these days are about meaningless sex and "love." Although, the way they are, it isn't love at all. Many people in the world stick to the one-night-stands that Ebony mentioned before. D= It's a pretty sad thing.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:11 am
If you spent an evening at gaia towns you know where the music industry gets it trends from. Or do people act that way because they are influenced by (the wrong kind of) music?  

ChimeBell

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:33 am
User ImagePfft, this conversation is open to everyone. heart Everyone should feel free to jump in whenever they want. User Image

Elemental Doll. Haha! I like some jazz and some country, though. I live in Texas, so I should listen to the latter more often; I'm slowly finding more and more country songs that I like, even though I tend to float towards alternative, punk, and classic rock. I'm pretty open to anything, though. I love the jazz of the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, for example.

Amensu Saje. Just keep at it! All guilds started small. 3nodding

I totally agree with you. "Oh my God, this chick has a bootay. Here's a song for her." Really? Really?

ChimeBell. That's an excellent question. To me, it looks like a positive feedback cycle. Those societal "norms" become the subject matter of society's current/popular music, and then people listen to that music (and are influenced by other forms of media, of course) and then accept what it's encouraging.

But I feel like there are some exceptions, too. There's nothing wrong with some ... questionable lyrics in a rap song at a party, for example. I'm not analyzing the long-term effects of the Holocaust or reading A Tale of Two Cities in a party, so there's no need for anything deep or meaningful then. It's a bonus, but it's not necessary. But for my personal listening and reflection, I prefer some Train any day.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:26 pm
BUMP!  

Kasai_Haigara

Devoted Guildsman

11,025 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Kasai_Haigara

Devoted Guildsman

11,025 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:41 pm
bumo....  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:57 pm
B B B B B - - U - - - - - U - - -M - - - - - -- - - -M - - P P P P P P P -
B - - - - -B - - U - - - - - U - - -M –M - - - M- M- - P - - - - - - - P -
B - - - - B - - -U - - - - - U - - -M - -M - -M - -M- - P - - - - - - - P -
B - - - -B - - - U - - - - - U - - -M - - - - M - - -M - - P - - - - - - - P -
B - - - B - - - -U - - - - - U - - -M - - - - - - - - - M - - P P P P P P -
B - -B - - - - - U - - - - - U - - -M - - - - - - - - - M - - P - - - - - - - - -
B - - - B - - - - -U - - - - - U - - -M - - - - - - - - - M - - P - - - - - - - - -
B - - - - B - - -U - - - - - U - - -M - - - - - - - - - M - - P - - - - - - - - -
B B B B B - -U U U U U U –M - - - - - - - - - M - - P - - - - - - - - -  

GoddessBelldandy23

4,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

GoddessBelldandy23

4,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:00 pm