Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I need a suggestion for a purification/banashing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:33 pm
Brass Bell Doll
I've also painted the backs of mirrors with a white wash and then etched it with symbols to seal it.

That's the approach I'd take.
However the symbols that I use are a variation on one of the sets of Ogham from the Ogham Tract.
However I currently lack a means of conveying my understanding thereof and, even if I could, I'm not sure I'm allowed to.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:09 am
CuAnnan
Brass Bell Doll
I've also painted the backs of mirrors with a white wash and then etched it with symbols to seal it.

However the symbols that I use are a variation on one of the sets of Ogham from the Ogham Tract.
However I currently lack a means of conveying my understanding thereof and, even if I could, I'm not sure I'm allowed to.

It might make more sense to use symbols within their existing tradition, though. I mean, I use Elhaz as a sort of generic "protection" marker, but that might not interact well with whatever else they do.

Salt seems to be quite universal, though. I remember reading of the Geisha, who tend to be very devout in Shinto and Buddhism, and the copious use of salt around their homes as a purifying agent.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:13 am
Deoridhe
Salt seems to be quite universal, though. I remember reading of the Geisha, who tend to be very devout in Shinto and Buddhism, and the copious use of salt around their homes as a purifying agent.
That's probably more Shinto than Buddhist, if it's anything, but still nifty. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:24 am
CuAnnan

That makes a great deal of sense.
I wonder if there would be a set of symbols that are already used in bones89's religion that could be used to those ends.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 am
Deoridhe
CuAnnan
Brass Bell Doll

It might make more sense to use symbols within their existing tradition, though. I mean, I use Elhaz as a sort of generic "protection" marker, but that might not interact well with whatever else they do.

I can vouch for it too. Kemetics used natron which is, to put it simply, generally salt and baking soda.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:59 am
Aspersion and smudging are also very common methods.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items