Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Pokemon Race War: Black and White(opening video here) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:00 am
Lord of Armageddon
Why are you arguing about dark-type VS "light-type?'

There's a reason there hasn't been a light-type yet...because the dark-type isn't defined by "evil;" it's defined by moves that revolve around fighting dirty, such as stealing items, preventing item use, slugging the Pokemon as it's about to swich out, etc.

That's the reason Fighting is strong against it, because fighting-type symbolizes honor, respect, discipline, and fair play in battle, a tactic dark-types don't use.

It's "Dark" as in "cheating anti-hero," not "Dark" as in "holy vs unholy."
See then that doesn't makes sense to me. The reason anyone fights dirty is to gain an advantage over someone who fights fairly. Why would Fight be strong against Dark? I think I have a clue. Dark is a bullshit "element".  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 am
whoa better not get pokemon white or else you'll be racist lolz

I was hoping the next Pokemon game would come out on the 3DS... =|  

Thanatoast Crunch

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:07 am
Lord of Armageddon
Take one, wild, flippin' guess at which version I'll be choosing.

I don't really care yet if Pokemon is suffering from It's The Same Now It Sucks. I still find Pokemon games to be an entertaining way to kill time. Still, I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd be a lot more excited if there were going to be big changes within the gameplay in Black & White.

However, they'd better not pull the same crap with the third game like they did with Platinum in regards to purposefully leaving out content that could've been in the earlier two games and putting it back into the third game in order to boost it's sales.

Also, it's good to see that the new versions will be on the Nintendo DS. I was afraid they were going to be slated for some new handheld Nintendo would pull out of their asses and I'd have to buy it

It's sad, cause I would buy a new system just to play the next Pokemon game  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:38 am
No pokemon chrysoberyl and alexandrite? I am so disappointed.

Still, no new types. 17 is plenty. More game mechanics. Abilities, Pokathelon, and Double Battles are great, more stuff like that GameFreak. I don't like the new art style, but the gameplay is just getting better. I am usually cautiously optimistic, but for this I am just optimistic. I mean even if the 5th gen pokemon are totally hideous I can use stuff from 1, 2 and 4. There is pretty much no way they can screw it up.  

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:39 am
I thought the next game may have been on the 3DS. Who knows? Maybe it still will be? Anyway, I'm actually pretty happy that they chose black and white. I've been sick of gems since Crystal was announced. Remember the days scouring Pokemon websites as a kid; a newb to the internet, looking for news on new Pokemon games? Pokemon Pink Version! Pokemon Black! I prefer colors way more, and black and white are actually good colors to choose to go together. Red and Blue worked, Gold and Silver worked, but then Diamond and Pearl? Come on now.

I hope they do a lot to reinvent the series, though soon. New types, different storylines, three person battles, battling with friends for experience, online tournaments; anything. Maybe with the black and white each version will have a different storyline and you're either the hero or the villain. But of course I'm dreaming big.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:45 am
Meta_Fish
I thought the next game may have been on the 3DS. Who knows? Maybe it still will be? Anyway, I'm actually pretty happy that they chose black and white. I've been sick of gems since Crystal was announced. Remember the days scouring Pokemon websites as a kid; a newb to the internet, looking for news on new Pokemon games? Pokemon Pink Version! Pokemon Black! I prefer colors way more, and black and white are actually good colors to choose to go together. Red and Blue worked, Gold and Silver worked, but then Diamond and Pearl? Come on now.

I hope they do a lot to reinvent the series, though soon. New types, different storylines, three person battles, battling with friends for experience, online tournaments; anything. Maybe with the black and white each version will have a different storyline and you're either the hero or the villain. But of course I'm dreaming big.
I agree with everything here except more types. They still don't have double type combos for all the ones we have. They could still flesh that out for another gen.

Three person battles would be amazing, and three person double battles would be terrifying. You would prolly see more hit all pokemon moves like Surf and Lava Plume. Fighting types would need more moves like that so they could keep up. Online tourneys would be great, Pokemon channel on DS XD.

The hero villain thing really catches my attention though. If you are a villain you can catch other people's pokemon, but you prolly wouldn't be able to use pokemon centers or use shops. They could make that really neat, having to steal potions and stuff to heal.  

Owwin

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:50 am
Black and White.

Finally.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:53 am
Rad Electropow
Black and White.

Finally.

YEAH
User Image  

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:53 am
Owwin
Meta_Fish

I agree with everything here except more types. They still don't have double type combos for all the ones we have. They could still flesh that out for another gen.

Three person battles would be amazing, and three person double battles would be terrifying. You would prolly see more hit all pokemon moves like Surf and Lava Plume. Fighting types would need more moves like that so they could keep up. Online tourneys would be great, Pokemon channel on DS XD.

The hero villain thing really catches my attention though. If you are a villain you can catch other people's pokemon, but you prolly wouldn't be able to use pokemon centers or use shops. They could make that really neat, having to steal potions and stuff to heal.
They will probably get through all the type combinations soon enough, but adding in maybe one or two new types wouldn't be terrible. Sure there are a ton of them now, but we haven't seen anything new since Gold and Silver originally came out.

I think fighting Pokemon just need a stronger representation in general. Maybe they could tweak some of the types so they're all a bit more balanced? As it is, dragon and dark are like, the best (as far as I can tell; I'm no Pokedoctor!).

How long have we wanted a bad-guy (Team Rocket) Pokemon game? We thought we were getting one with that GameCube game where you snagged Pokemon but that was nothing like it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 am
Meta_Fish
They will probably get through all the type combinations soon enough, but adding in maybe one or two new types wouldn't be terrible. Sure there are a ton of them now, but we haven't seen anything new since Gold and Silver originally came out.

I think fighting Pokemon just need a stronger representation in general. Maybe they could tweak some of the types so they're all a bit more balanced? As it is, dragon and dark are like, the best (as far as I can tell; I'm no Pokedoctor!).

How long have we wanted a bad-guy (Team Rocket) Pokemon game? We thought we were getting one with that GameCube game where you snagged Pokemon but that was nothing like it.
Fighting is actually pretty okay. It breaks normal, rock, steel, ice, and dark which are pretty common. Plus it only has 2 weaknesses.

Bug needs a boost. It is super effective against three types, and not very effective against 6. It has three weaknesses too. Poor bugs.

Also dragon is pretty balanced. Not super effective against anything but itself, has one weakness besides itself, but makes up for it with a whole shitload of resistances.

I just don't want them adding light type. Oh look, angel pokemon and a light steel knight. COME THE ******** ON.  

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:31 am
Owwin
Meta_Fish

Fighting is actually pretty okay. It breaks normal, rock, steel, ice, and dark which are pretty common. Plus it only has 2 weaknesses.

Bug needs a boost. It is super effective against three types, and not very effective against 6. It has three weaknesses too. Poor bugs.

Also dragon is pretty balanced. Not super effective against anything but itself, has one weakness besides itself, but makes up for it with a whole shitload of resistances.

I just don't want them adding light type. Oh look, angel pokemon and a light steel knight. COME THE ******** ON.
I meant there should be more fighting Pokemon/moves. Maybe I just haven't played enough of the newer games but there aren't many. Bug definitely needs a boost too, but I always thought it was the joke type. XD But bug and fighting are all that works on dark!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:41 am
I planned on getting this game anyway, but this is just gonna be interesting among my friends. I'll probably get White, because me and my brother always got different ones and he's a d**k.

But I always thought of a Light type. I see Dark type as darkness, without light. I always saw Light and Dark being weak against each other. I can't see any other use for there being a light type pokemon besides dark though. Ooh, a lightbulb pokemon. Ooh, an Angelique pokemon. Would Arceus become light then? And then would Pokemon 666 be doomed to be a dark pokemon?

I want more balanced pokemon too. I see no reason why Pidgeot is Normal/Flying. I also think Hoothoot/Noctowl should be Psychic/Flying. Arceus with the Sky Plate is the only pure flying type. Each gen has had a flying type legendary too, with the addition of Shaymin sky form. I want my Fighting Legendary.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:44 am
Meta_Fish
I meant there should be more fighting Pokemon/moves. Maybe I just haven't played enough of the newer games but there aren't many. Bug definitely needs a boost too, but I always thought it was the joke type. XD But bug and fighting are all that works on dark!
Luckily dark is only good on ghost and broke psychic types, so it stays pretty well balanced. Fighting got some good moves with Focus Blast(basically Thunder, but fighting. one of like 2 fighting special attacks) SuperPower, Hammer arm, Aura sphere is broke on a special attacker, 90 base power and never misses? Too bad only like 4 pokemon learn it.

Also @ Kath's fighting legendary thing. 1000 times yes.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Allegro

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:16 pm
AGHH NO. Someone on here posted a link awhile back to a site with a bunch of pics of the new Pokemon, and so far they look better than the D/P/Pt ones.

Has it been confirmed about the hero/villain thing, or is that just a rumor?

I hope there will be Light Pokemon. Dark Pokemon really need another weakness.

Also, isn't Lucario a fighting legendary? I know you can breed it, but still.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff