Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Magical

Back to Guilds

This is a place where pagans, witches, and others who wish to know can come to learn from each other, and grow! 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Magic, Witchcraft, New Generation 

Reply *~General Discussion and Debate~*
////The Broom Closet\\ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:08 am
broken_bleeding_angel
My mother and father both don't accept it and I am often not allowed to talk about "blasphemis things". But my two sisters support me, even if my parent's don't like it.
If you can reason with them you might want check out the Christian witchcraft thread in the Beginner's sub-forum. It show's how much of the demonetization of witchcraft is based on faulty translations of Greek and Hebrew texts.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:15 am
I talked to my mom about Wicca/Paganism and such, about whether or not i would be allowed to practice the religion and craft, but she said no, that i can read about it and i could enjoy the stories, but i am not allowed to "fool around with magic". Saying that to a Gemini is like putting a 4 tier chocolate cake in front of someone handing them a fork and knife and saying, now, you may look at it and smell it, but if you touch it your going to be beaten. Its hard to stay away... and i know that books and stuff have it wrong, hence why i came to this guild. :]  

iiEatCandii

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:31 am
iiEatCandii
I talked to my mom about Wicca/Paganism and such, about whether or not i would be allowed to practice the religion and craft, but she said no, that i can read about it and i could enjoy the stories, but i am not allowed to "fool around with magic". Saying that to a Gemini is like putting a 4 tier chocolate cake in front of someone handing them a fork and knife and saying, now, you may look at it and smell it, but if you touch it your going to be beaten. Its hard to stay away... and i know that books and stuff have it wrong, hence why i came to this guild. :]
Try telling a Scorpio the occult isn't real or don't study the occult. It ain't happening.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:05 am
rmcdra
broken_bleeding_angel
My mother and father both don't accept it and I am often not allowed to talk about "blasphemis things". But my two sisters support me, even if my parent's don't like it.
If you can reason with them you might want check out the Christian witchcraft thread in the Beginner's sub-forum. It show's how much of the demonetization of witchcraft is based on faulty translations of Greek and Hebrew texts.

Trust me I have often tried that. They are just hard headed Scorpio's (yes both of them) who are always right and if you question them you are punished or shunned. =3= Oh and I also hear I am going to go to "Hell" alot. And even though I do not believe in "Hell", I know they do and to say such a thing to me still hurts.

I'm just going to have to wait till I can afford to move out .  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:17 am
broken_bleeding_angel
rmcdra
broken_bleeding_angel

Trust me I have often tried that. They are just hard headed Scorpio's (yes both of them) who are always right and if you question them you are punished or shunned. =3= Oh and I also hear I am going to go to "Hell" alot. And even though I do not believe in "Hell", I know they do and to say such a thing to me still hurts.

Hell is just the state of not being with YHVH/Yeshua's God. It's only bad if you are wanting to be with him in the first place. Not only that it's not the fiery pit the pop-media portrays. If we are being strictly Biblical it's actually quite cold wink xd . Also hell is traditionally reserved for the worst of the worst (theologically restricted from giving examples of such individuals), though most Protestants don't have purgatory in their theology and also have a poor understanding of their own religion to understand this.

Thinking about it like that may ease the sting a bit when you hear it though I know it's quite insulting to hear none the less.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:27 am
broken_bleeding_angel
rmcdra
broken_bleeding_angel

i told my boyfriend that i didnt believe and god and he almost literally threw a bible at me and made me promise to read it. He wanted to "Save my soul" so i wouldnt go to hell. He's not the first one to do that either. Ive had four people do that to me.  

iiEatCandii

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:38 am
iiEatCandii

i told my boyfriend that i didnt believe and god and he almost literally threw a bible at me and made me promise to read it. He wanted to "Save my soul" so i wouldnt go to hell. He's not the first one to do that either. Ive had four people do that to me.
I never understood this mindset to be honest. If Yeshua's God is supposed to know what's in people's heart then what's the point of trying to convert people out of "fear for their soul". Now I'm not against people sharing their religion but to share just for the sake of possibly a forced or half-hearted conversion just seems kinda self-defeating. I've seen some Neo-Pagans guilty of this too especially when they go on about "da Rede".  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:46 am
rmcdra
iiEatCandii

I never understood this mindset to be honest. If Yeshua's God is supposed to know what's in people's heart then what's the point of trying to convert people out of "fear for their soul". Now I'm not against people sharing their religion but to share just for the sake of possibly a forced or half-hearted conversion just seems kinda self-defeating. I've seen some Neo-Pagans guilty of this too especially when they go on about "da Rede".

yeah, actually at the end of that post i was going to put, if i really believed in god i would practice the religion, and trying to make me believe is pointless, ill believe it when i choose to, but it seemed kind of ranty so i didnt. but yeah, the only thing i do when people force Christianity on me and question why i dont believe is i throw their questions back at them. ie: "why dont you believe in god?" "why do you believe in god?", "Why wont you believe in him? he saved our souls." "How do you know he saved our souls? Would you believe in him if he didnt?" etc. Im open minded but i wont have opinions shoved down my throat for the sake of "opening my eyes and heart" to someone who i dont believe in.  

iiEatCandii

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:52 am
rmcdra
Hell is just the state of not being with YHVH/Yeshua's God. It's only bad if you are wanting to be with him in the first place. Not only that it's not the fiery pit the pop-media portrays. If we are being strictly Biblical it's actually quite cold wink xd . Also hell is traditionally reserved for the worst of the worst (theologically restricted from giving examples of such individuals), though most Protestants don't have purgatory in their theology and also have a poor understanding of their own religion to understand this.

Thinking about it like that may ease the sting a bit when you hear it though I know it's quite insulting to hear none the less.

You are right. Although I should not give that word such power in the first place, it still has some in my life one way or another. I'm just to emotional I guess.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:54 am
rmcdra

You are right. Although I should not give that word such power in the first place, it still has some in my life one way or another. I'm just to emotional I guess.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:05 am
iiEatCandii
rmcdra
iiEatCandii

yeah, actually at the end of that post i was going to put, if i really believed in god i would practice the religion, and trying to make me believe is pointless, ill believe it when i choose to, but it seemed kind of ranty so i didnt. but yeah, the only thing i do when people force Christianity on me and question why i dont believe is i throw their questions back at them. ie: "why dont you believe in god?" "why do you believe in god?", "Why wont you believe in him? he saved our souls." "How do you know he saved our souls? Would you believe in him if he didnt?" etc. Im open minded but i wont have opinions shoved down my throat for the sake of "opening my eyes and heart" to someone who i dont believe in.

It's best to refer to "God" as YHVH or Yeshua's (Jesus') God since there are a good number of people here that recognize other Gods. I personally go with Yeshua's God because I don't believe YHVH to be Yeshua's God or if he is, then the OT really ******** up in quite a few spots.

As for why Christians believe in their God, it could be a number of things. Personal gnosis, family tradition,... I'm sure there are others but those are the two most common coming to mind now. Depending on their tradition of Christianity they may be required to at least try to bring "lost souls" in since they are lead to believe that they are doing a service to their God by doing so.

The concept of "Saved" signals that this is probably some Pentecostal or Evangelical branch of Christians you are dealing with. The concept of "saved" is presumptuous because it implies that one knows they are going to heaven which is only supported by taking verses out of context (unfortunately I don't know what verses they use for this argument right of hand so I can't give context at this time) since only YHVH knows who he's going to allow to be with him.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:07 am
broken_bleeding_angel
rmcdra

It's human. We all are.

Edit: Don't be so hard on yourself. I get worked up over certain words too believe it or not XD.  

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

iiEatCandii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:14 am
rmcdra
iiEatCandii
rmcdra
iiEatCandii

It's best to refer to "God" as YHVH or Yeshua's (Jesus') God since there are a good number of people here that recognize other Gods. I personally go with Yeshua's God because I don't believe YHVH to be Yeshua's God or if he is, then the OT really ******** up in quite a few spots.

As for why Christians believe in their God, it could be a number of things. Personal gnosis, family tradition,... I'm sure there are others but those are the two most common coming to mind now. Depending on their tradition of Christianity they may be required to at least try to bring "lost souls" in since they are lead to believe that they are doing a service to their God by doing so.

The concept of "Saved" signals that this is probably some Pentecostal or Evangelical branch of Christians you are dealing with. The concept of "saved" is presumptuous because it implies that one knows they are going to heaven which is only supported by taking verses out of context (unfortunately I don't know what verses they use for this argument right of hand so I can't give context at this time) since only YHVH knows who he's going to allow to be with him.

Sorry bout that.. sweatdrop but he gave me one of the pocket ones, its the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs. I dont know if that helps.. but yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:21 am
iiEatCandii

Sorry bout that.. sweatdrop but he gave me one of the pocket ones, its the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs. I dont know if that helps.. but yeah.
Sorry not really.

I'd have to know what verses he's using to justify this "saved" stance of his and what he means by "saved" (i.e. is it a one time deal or can it be lost) to be of help.

You could just tell him that your one of the Other People and you don't need salvation since you were never YHVH's to begin with.

Other People  

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

iiEatCandii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:14 am
rmcdra
iiEatCandii

Sorry not really.

I'd have to know what verses he's using to justify this "saved" stance of his and what he means by "saved" (i.e. is it a one time deal or can it be lost) to be of help.

You could just tell him that your one of the Other People and you don't need salvation since you were never YHVH's to begin with.

Other People

woah... :] that explains it, me and my sister love being naked for some reason, and now i know that reason.. however, my brothers, im not sure if they do, we all have different dads, but thats was very interesting. :] thank you for that  
*~General Discussion and Debate~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff