Dave or Jack?
  Dave
  Jack
  Neither
View Results

Drassielle Zallizare

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:33 am
faretheewell
I think that you're right in your feeling that Dave is not the right guy for you, but I think that you're wrong in the assumption that Jack is the solution. Maybe Jack would end up being the right guy, but it's the wrong time and for all the wrong reasons.

You aren't happy with Dave. It's sad, but I don't see this relationship working for you. You are not physically compatible, and this will continue to cause problems for you. If you stay in this relationship I don't think that you will end up happy. You've given it a good trial, it's not working.

And you know that. One of the reasons that you're even considering Jack is because you are restless with what you have. You're looking for something more, and Jack represents the ideal. That makes him very attractive to you right now.

But the fact is that you aren't sure what you are looking for right now. You think you know from the holes in your current relationship, but that's a band-aid, not a solution. You have never had a chance to get to know yourself as an adult, and that is a problem. Plus, it isn't fair to yourself or Jack to jump straight into a relationship with him.

You think that leaving Dave would be selfish, and in a way you would be right. It would be thinking only of yourself, but that is exactly who you need to think about right now.

I think you know what you need. You mentioned it yourself in your original post. "...regretting it because I never got to explore men or life by myself..."

It is a big, scary thing to think about, but you need to be single for a while. You need to go out by yourself and explore the big, scary world and your own psyche. Find out what you really need in order to be happy. It might turn out that you don't need anyone else, and that's ok. Being single isn't bad, especially if that makes you happy. Sometime after you've been alone for a while you might meet someone else, either Jack or someone completely different, and they might make you happy. That's also a great ending for this story. Either way, you will be doing everything you can to be confident and love life.
Wow, I think every single WORD in this post made perfect sense to me; you really just summed up my entire feelings about my life and relationship right now. That's pretty much what I was looking for when posting this. Not someone to make the decision for me, but to help me figure out my own thoughts.

I used to think that I knew myself. But I think I know now that I understood my child self. I'm becoming an adult and I don't know who that person is yet. Maybe I just need to... take a LONG time to figure this out. Thank you so much! I'm going to bed now. heart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:11 am
tummytumsXD
im 18 turning 19 in july
and in my opinion i dont think you should brake up with dave. becuz u never know that jack is just being nice IN THE INTERNET what if he isnt what you think when you actually meet him. but thats just what im saying. ive been in this situation before a lil diffrent but still kinda the same. Dave sounds like the nicest guys ever. Later in the futer when he does the biggest mistake ever then you can brake up with him and go to that jake guy.anyways sex is the key to happiness trust me, if its just for sex then forget it it would be one of the stuipidest thing youll ever do. but hey this is just what i say and how i look at things so u can take this advise or ignore it. ur option

Did you drop out of highschool is your spelling an grammar really just that bad? And sex is NOT the key to happiness.

You and Dave don't quite seem right for each other. How about taking a break from relationships for a little bit? It'll hurt everyone if you jump from Dave's bed to Jack's bed without a second glance. Walk slowly from bed to bed, which means spend some time healing and then ease into the relationship. Also, don't actually start right up on sex with Jack- bad decision.  

Azusanga

kirin_girl The Younger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:07 pm
I think u should follow ur heart not ur mind..that's all..nd I dn't think moving w/dave isn't a great idea..ur 2 young 4 tht..nd remember sex doesn't always make u happy..  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:53 pm
Drassielle Zallizare
Wow, I think every single WORD in this post made perfect sense to me; you really just summed up my entire feelings about my life and relationship right now. That's pretty much what I was looking for when posting this.

Ahhh... Good. The "become telepathic" part of my master plan is coming along nicely. Soon I shall take over ze world! *tries out latest evil laugh.*

*cough.* I mean...

I'm glad you found it helpful. Good luck!  

faretheewell

Eloquent Informer

twistedmx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:01 pm
I think that if you dont really feel the same things you felt with Dave then maybe you guys are just meant to be friends. I mean your still young, why settle for one guy?? And sure Jack maybe this nice guy but you dont know for sure if he is or not.
Dave loves you, yes we know that, but if he wants you to be happy then he should let you go. Of course you guys might not be friends right away but at least maybe in time you guys will be. :]
I say have fun in your life. Cuz its too short to think about the "what if's".  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:03 pm
faretheewell
I think that you're right in your feeling that Dave is not the right guy for you, but I think that you're wrong in the assumption that Jack is the solution. Maybe Jack would end up being the right guy, but it's the wrong time and for all the wrong reasons.

You aren't happy with Dave. It's sad, but I don't see this relationship working for you. You are not physically compatible, and this will continue to cause problems for you. If you stay in this relationship I don't think that you will end up happy. You've given it a good trial, it's not working.

And you know that. One of the reasons that you're even considering Jack is because you are restless with what you have. You're looking for something more, and Jack represents the ideal. That makes him very attractive to you right now.

But the fact is that you aren't sure what you are looking for right now. You think you know from the holes in your current relationship, but that's a band-aid, not a solution. You have never had a chance to get to know yourself as an adult, and that is a problem. Plus, it isn't fair to yourself or Jack to jump straight into a relationship with him.

You think that leaving Dave would be selfish, and in a way you would be right. It would be thinking only of yourself, but that is exactly who you need to think about right now.

I think you know what you need. You mentioned it yourself in your original post. "...regretting it because I never got to explore men or life by myself..."

It is a big, scary thing to think about, but you need to be single for a while. You need to go out by yourself and explore the big, scary world and your own psyche. Find out what you really need in order to be happy. It might turn out that you don't need anyone else, and that's ok. Being single isn't bad, especially if that makes you happy. Sometime after you've been alone for a while you might meet someone else, either Jack or someone completely different, and they might make you happy. That's also a great ending for this story. Either way, you will be doing everything you can to be confident and love life.

I love your advice! It totally helps anyone out with this situation :]
Your awesome!!  

twistedmx

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out