Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
One of the big questions. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thank you!
  You're very welcome, my dear.
View Results

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:45 pm
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet

I think it would be very helpful. Maybe even required reading? I assume that when people join this guild that they want to get rid of the fluff, but I think it can be intimidating if someone posts and then get a round of people going "that's wrong because..." If someone can just read something anonymously and self-examine first, then post when they have their courage up and preliminary research done, it would be oodles more productive.
Yeah, the only problem I have with this kind of approach is that a given action or belief isn't fluffy unto itself. For example, just joining a Tween Coven doesn't make one a fluff.

I'm concerned people posting will confuse things they have a personal distaste for with Fluff, and I'm concerned more resistance will form from people who practice things that aren't Fluffy, but are on the list because they are common amongst Fluffs.

Hmm...would it work if we post that disclaimer with an invitation for people to post their particular context in order to ask "Am I fluffy for this?" Or is that what your new "So Ya Wanna..." post is doing already?

Quote:
Quote:

In another thread I saw something about pennies and bowling balls. I lol'ed. xd
~bow~

*golf claps* smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:53 pm
Bastemhet

Hmm...would it work if we post that disclaimer with an invitation for people to post their particular context in order to ask "Am I fluffy for this?"
I think we can write a disclaimer that would work.

Any thread needs to cover what fluff is and what it isn't. Then when we describe the symptom, we can explain why how a specific symptom can be fluffy, or how it could be non-fluffy.

More of a "This is a warning sign that you're leaving responsible paganism and heading towards fluff."

Quote:
Or is that what your new "So Ya Wanna..." post is doing already?
That's a completely different thread.  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:15 pm
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet

Hmm...would it work if we post that disclaimer with an invitation for people to post their particular context in order to ask "Am I fluffy for this?"
I think we can write a disclaimer that would work.

Any thread needs to cover what fluff is and what it isn't. Then when we describe the symptom, we can explain why how a specific symptom can be fluffy, or how it could be non-fluffy.

More of a "This is a warning sign that you're leaving responsible paganism and heading towards fluff."

Excellent! I'll have to leave it to one of the more experienced Fluff Fighters™ since I mostly hang out here to avoid the headaches, thus don't really know what the typical fluff symptoms are (besides frequent Mr.Darks). sweatdrop Otherwise I would've been happy to post one of these kinds of threads myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Bastemhet
Excellent! I'll have to leave it to one of the more experienced Fluff Fighters™ since I mostly hang out here to avoid the headaches, thus don't really know what the typical fluff symptoms are (besides frequent Mr.Darks). sweatdrop Otherwise I would've been happy to post one of these kinds of threads myself.
Do I need to dig out my scrubs, labcoat and stethoscope and do a fake doctor image for this?

"Fluffbunny can strike anywhere at any time. Protect yourself. Know the symptoms.

If you suffer from any of the following, please contact the PFRC immediately. We're here to help."  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:08 pm
Byaggha
Bastemhet
Do I need to dig out my scrubs, labcoat and stethoscope and do a fake doctor image for this?

"Fluffbunny can strike anywhere at any time. Protect yourself. Know the symptoms.

If you suffer from any of the following, please contact the PFRC immediately. We're here to help."
YES!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:10 pm
TeaDidikai
Byaggha

YES!
Alright, get me a list of symptoms and I'll do it. 3nodding  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:34 pm
TeaDidikai
Byaggha
Bastemhet

YES!

I think this requires an entire You Tube video.

"My sister started calling the four quarters to Pokemon...and I said nothing."

"My friend made me take off my crucifix because it affected her psychic chakras...and I said nothing."

"It's time to speak up. Call the PFRC."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:22 am
All I have is a stillcam, I think. But if we could get people to do it, we can start a whole SRSFASE ad campaign. Banners, sigs, youtube...the works. xd

Edit: I lied, I can do video. If you want me to play the Not a Doctor and have someone edit something together, let me know. 3nodding  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Torso Pants

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:03 pm
Bastemhet
Byaggha
Casting circles, energy work and reading tarot does not require a deity, so really, this doesn't answer the question posed. 3nodding

It does give us an idea of what she likes, however. Orthopraxic religions/cults maybe?

I guess I have a little trouble with that. How would I try and connect with a deity?

TeaDidikai

Quote:
I believe that a person should be respectful and loving of all aspects of nature, including oneself.

Before I get to the tough questions- what do you think "nature" is?

Everything around us?

TeaDidikai
Quote:

I suppose I am looking for some sort of path to follow. Something that can make me slightly more spiritually enlightened.
What makes you think it is the path that makes a person spiritually enlightened?

I suppose that's a misconception I have made. Word choice is difficult when you're not sure about what you think.

TeaDidikai
Quote:
Actually, my closest friends and I have formed a sort of makeshift coven, practicing spells and rituals as we come across them. We use a huge amount of herbs, candles, and incense, and a few of my friends are learning Tarot. One time, the first time we did it as a group, we sort of passed energy along to one another. I'm not sure what it was really, but the leader of us, my friend Shadow, was talking, we held hands in a circle and focused on a candle in the middle. My response, unfortunatley, was that of pain and physical panic. It wasn't pretty.

I'm not surprised by your reaction.
Look, I'm going to be a pragmatic wet blanket for a moment.
Forming a "coven" and jumping headlong into magic with everything else going on in your life is a bit like saying "I have a tricycle, I think I'll skip learning to ride with training wheels and on a regular bicycle, and head straight for the Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300."

There's a lot of learning to be done, personal prep work, basic training etc.
What you have there is a formula for a Mr. Dark.

I'm sorry, that word was a bit of a stretch. I guess it's just a little group of people trying out things. If I knew what kinds of things I need to look for, I'd prepare myself for it.

What's a Mr. Dark?

TeaDidikai
Quote:

The main idea of it seemed to fit me pretty well. I think about the world around me and I'm starting to find some respect for myself. The practices seem...comforting, so to speak.

What practices? Paganism involves a host of different practices- some traditions include child molestation and animal sacrifice. I'd bet that dollars to doughnuts neither of those interest you- so if you could be more specific that would help a lot.

Oh my! That's a bit of a stretch. Well, I guess I'm a lot more ignorant than I thought... I pretty much like to do little things that involve candles and some meditation. I'm working on some Visulization; I happened across a few things in my search for stuff.

I'm thinking maybe something like general Wicca or along those lines...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:48 pm
Myrtle May
How would I try and connect with a deity?
Depends on the deity.

Quote:
Everything around us?
Computers? Desks? How about other things that happen around us? Are these all parts of nature?

Quote:

I suppose that's a misconception I have made. Word choice is difficult when you're not sure about what you think.
It's okay. Learning is a process.

Quote:

I'm sorry, that word was a bit of a stretch. I guess it's just a little group of people trying out things. If I knew what kinds of things I need to look for, I'd prepare myself for it.
What name you give to the group doesn't change how dangerous irresponsible investigation can be.
Quote:
What's a Mr. Dark?

It's a form of mythology-based dramatic play, usually used to establish autonomy.

Quote:
Oh my! That's a bit of a stretch. Well, I guess I'm a lot more ignorant than I thought... I pretty much like to do little things that involve candles and some meditation. I'm working on some Visulization; I happened across a few things in my search for stuff.

Sounds a bit like Standing Stone.

Quote:
I'm thinking maybe something like general Wicca or along those lines...
Have you read the decent of the goddess?
The lord of the Wica flogged the Lady in order to teach her to love him.
Wica engages in sexual acts, ritual flogging and bondage etc.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces