Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Keeper of Season's Hall Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:55 pm
maenad nuri
Celeblin Galadeneryn
maenad nuri
Ishtar Shakti

I don't think that "honest inquiry" would include jokes about raping babies. I ignored every person who commented on the subject. I don't feel like being mocked. I also didn't find it amusing.

Trust me -- they aren't joking. They aren't jokes -- there are pagans whose writings and teachings have resulted in children being raped, who are still treated with respect within the larger pagan community for some reason. Go read up on the Frosts.
I just looked it up on Amazon.

TJ gave that book five stars.

Five ******** stars.

As if you didn't need a reason to hate him before, five ******** stars.

Which book? If the frosts are one thing, it's well-published. Ugh.
The one I just quoted, the Good Witches Bible.
Timothy J. Alexander
This book is a classic "must have", and is one you must read for yourself.

Most reviews seem to be written by people who prejudged the book based on hearsay rather than reading the book itself.

There is a good deal of high-quality information, as well as some which is very controversial. The book will challenge your preconceived ideas about Wicca/Witchcraft; you won't agree with everything, but you can find information that is interesting & valuable.

There is significant worth in a book "they" don't want you to read.

link  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:56 pm
maenad nuri
Celeblin Galadeneryn
maenad nuri
Ishtar Shakti

I don't think that "honest inquiry" would include jokes about raping babies. I ignored every person who commented on the subject. I don't feel like being mocked. I also didn't find it amusing.

Trust me -- they aren't joking. They aren't jokes -- there are pagans whose writings and teachings have resulted in children being raped, who are still treated with respect within the larger pagan community for some reason. Go read up on the Frosts.

Five ******** stars.

Never mind, found it. Well, that's another reason not to pay any mind to timmeh.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:59 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
maenad nuri
Celeblin Galadeneryn
maenad nuri
Ishtar Shakti

Five ******** stars.

The one I just quoted, the Good Witches Bible.
Timothy J. Alexander
This book is a classic "must have", and is one you must read for yourself.

Most reviews seem to be written by people who prejudged the book based on hearsay rather than reading the book itself.

There is a good deal of high-quality information, as well as some which is very controversial. The book will challenge your preconceived ideas about Wicca/Witchcraft; you won't agree with everything, but you can find information that is interesting & valuable.

There is significant worth in a book "they" don't want you to read.

link

Remember Kiddies, if unprotected kiddie rape isn't bad enough, there's always the chance you might catch Hep C or HIV via their "marriage" ritual.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:43 pm
maenad nuri
Ishtar Shakti

Sure... let me just go sand my bat isn't a joke?

I'm sure there Are people who have written things which have resulted in children being raped people being killed etc. In more then just the Pagan community. I'm hostile towards such people. I don't want to associate with people who would talk about such things so flippantly. Its a choice based on my knowledge.

I can understand how a person might misinterpret relativism for me saying hay just because someone thinks this they are "right" I never once stated that. I don't believe in Objectivity, that's completely different.

My reaction is that if you want to rape babies you can I will kill you for it... thats my reaction. If someone ever touched my child they would die.

My reaction to people making jokes about raping babies is that you Can I will block you for it.

Asking me specifically how I would react to someone raping a child would be an honest inquiry. Talking about sanding bats isn't.  

Ishtar Shakti

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:47 pm
The problem, and I think the point of what they were saying, is that from a position of relativism, you can't make that sort of judgment about it. You've already consented that if they were okay with raping a baby, then you are too. Not to mention, from a relativist perspective, you're pretty much okay with them raping baby rapists with unsanded bats. Or Viking bats.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:26 pm
...perhaps I'm the one misinterpreting, but that wasn't a joke about raping babies -- but about the sort of justice the baby rapists should reap. Very gallows humor.

No, I'm not misinterpreting. You are.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:18 pm
maenad nuri
...perhaps I'm the one misinterpreting, but that wasn't a joke about raping babies -- but about the sort of justice the baby rapists should reap. Very gallows humor.

No, I'm not misinterpreting. You are.

Myself, I thought it was just an extreme example of what is being argued in an attempt to show how absurd the position is.

There's room for liberal positions, but come on! Don't leave it so open ended that you're thoughtless about what you are endorsing.

In another guild someone said "All you need is love". I think I brought up The Family International- Frostian Assholes with Christian framework.

Well, how about "All you need is love and discernment."

Let's argue in favor of being responsible and thoughtful- rather then for Freedom for the sake of Freedom at the expense of responsibility.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:39 pm
Ishtar Shakti
maenad nuri
Ishtar Shakti

Sure... let me just go sand my bat isn't a joke?

I'm sure there Are people who have written things which have resulted in children being raped people being killed etc. In more then just the Pagan community. I'm hostile towards such people. I don't want to associate with people who would talk about such things so flippantly. Its a choice based on my knowledge.

I can understand how a person might misinterpret relativism for me saying hay just because someone thinks this they are "right" I never once stated that. I don't believe in Objectivity, that's completely different.

My reaction is that if you want to rape babies you can I will kill you for it... thats my reaction. If someone ever touched my child they would die.

My reaction to people making jokes about raping babies is that you Can I will block you for it.

Asking me specifically how I would react to someone raping a child would be an honest inquiry. Talking about sanding bats isn't.
Seriously, can you read?

I said baby rapists. That I was going to to go sodomise baby rapists, ie the people you just said you were going to kill, with a morning star, because that feels good to me. Because I would enjoy seeing such people in pain.

Try interpreting things correctly before you speak.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:23 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Try interpreting things correctly before you speak.
Tsktsk Sweetie, don't you know that since there is no objective way to interpret what you say- she can misrepresent whatever she wants and be correct? wink  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff