Would you play a Pokemon MMO.
  Without a doubt!
  Maybe...
  Only if it was Free2Play.
  Yeah... no.
View Results

Michi is a cat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:18 am
Yeah, that'd be pretty good. I was thinking about a Pokemon MMO when I made the Pokemon Infra-Red and Ultraviolet April Fools' video, though I only wished that it was real...

By real time battle, do you mean like Smash Bros style, with platforms, or more Zelda style, with free motion?

There is already a fan-made Pokemon MMO out there, but many links are bogus, and contain spywares.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:01 am
Closer to Zelda. I'm not a fan of side scrolling mmo's I.E. MapleStory.

Evamortte

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:14 am
kakarikosheikah
Yeah, that'd be pretty good. I was thinking about a Pokemon MMO when I made the Pokemon Infra-Red and Ultraviolet April Fools' video, though I only wished that it was real...

By real time battle, do you mean like Smash Bros style, with platforms, or more Zelda style, with free motion?

There is already a fan-made Pokemon MMO out there, but many links are bogus, and contain spywares.
i found one awhile back. but it was horrible. to move you opened a drag down box. selected the direction, then the page refreshed. horray i moved 1 square i've givin up since.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:23 pm
Xilo The Odd
kakarikosheikah

i found one awhile back. but it was horrible. to move you opened a drag down box. selected the direction, then the page refreshed. horray i moved 1 square i've givin up since.

theres a Red/Blue MMO on facebook, which is by FAR better. (although only half the game is accesible, as it is unfinished)  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

bloodsoaked

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:49 pm
I'd love the ability to make your own house or avatar in a pokemon game. Then you could have a badass gym. =3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:17 pm
bloodsoaked
I'd love the ability to make your own house or avatar in a pokemon game. Then you could have a badass gym. =3
User Image
But then everybody would have a gym and there'd be 321704127041287 gym badges @___@'

I'd think people would have to compete for Gym Leader title. That way the Gym Leaders would actually be the toughest trainers.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

melikefood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:22 pm
Yes,
Being a a Tourneyfag level Pokemon Trainer, I think I'd play a Pokemon MMO.

Long as I can use my EV trained Pokes from Diamond and Plat.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:16 am
That would be awesome. I'd so try to gain a personal title of Eevee master because I love that PKMN and all his/her evolutions. ^.^ If we can download our PKMN from our handheld PKMN games, that would be swell too. I agree with someone else in this thread. All of the teams in one game fighting for dominance with us standing in the way of their goals would be awesome indeed. NPCs of all of the main PKMN characters would be nice, too. I'd love to be able to interact with Ash or Misty at some point in the game. Maybe work with Ash to stop Team Rocket. Making direct access to this MMO using the Wii would be a must. It could be it's own little channel as a permanent channel for all Wiis. Or have a reserved slot just for it when you download it from the Wii Shop Channel.  

Formerly Known as Kalas

Lonely Phantom

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:18 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
bloodsoaked
User Image
But then everybody would have a gym and there'd be 321704127041287 gym badges @___@'

I'd think people would have to compete for Gym Leader title. That way the Gym Leaders would actually be the toughest trainers.

User Image
Gyme eaders are there to be beaten, though.

Unless heir pokes were, like... level capped, or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:56 pm
I've been wishing they'd make one for the longest time, too. Eventually, they probably will. It'd be weird if Nintendo made you pay to play their game online, though. It just doesn't seem like their style.  

Thanatoast Crunch

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:41 pm
Would I play a Pokemon game where you interact with thousands upon millions of people? Battling and trading with them in real time; people you don't know but may become acquainted with, catch Pokemon alongside them and adventure the land with and so on? Nah, that sounds gay.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:01 pm
Play it?
Devon and I would be ROYALTIES
HE WILL BE THE NINTENDO KING
THE NINTENDOMEGAAAAAAAA
(AND I WILL BE HIS NIDOQUEEN)  

Le Chapeau

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:55 am
Le Chapeau
Play it?
Devon and I would be ROYALTIES
HE WILL BE THE NINTENDO KING
THE NINTENDOMEGAAAAAAAA
(AND I WILL BE HIS NIDOQUEEN)
That again?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:37 am
Meta_Fish
Would I play a Pokemon game where you interact with thousands upon millions of people? Battling and trading with them in real time; people you don't know but may become acquainted with, catch Pokemon alongside them and adventure the land with and so on? Nah, that sounds gay.
yeah i'd rather take the role of a pokemon  

Xilo The Odd

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:39 am
Why do you have to be a trainer? I mean, if you're a Pokemon, xp could be obtained by how many times you win/evade capture. :/ Zero customization, if you picked a Pokemon, full customizations for Trainwrs though. Ball decorations would be cool. It could be fun, unless you're a metapod, or some s**t. Or get ganged up on at lvl 5. -shrug- Options maybe; to switch between human and Pokemon.

Would gym leader's be npc controlled, or be an actual player? Same for the elite four.
If human controlled, level caps and getting 'fired' after a certain amount of losses. New leader would be the last winner. It would make sense, even more for leaders to just be npc's.
Real time trainer battles would be fun, but you could just walk away, unless you'd have to look at a trainer, and if they see you, it initiates a battle.
Wild Pokwmon battles would have to be real time, player controlled or not, since a Wild Pokemon or a Trainer can run from battle.

Servers would need layers. :/ Mic options?

With that Team idea, they should make it so that you can join a Team, choose to be good, or be evil without loyalty to any Team. Patrolling Officer Jenny's would serve like the guards from Assasin's Creed. :
D If your evil, you shouldn't commit crimes when they look at you.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff