Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Glitch in the System! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FlySammyJ

Liberal Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:52 pm
CuAnnan
patch99329
Well.
All of gaia has gone tits up. I've noticed no less than 4 different glitches this last hour.

I think I'll log off and watch mythbusters until all is right with the world. wink

Don't do that.
You'll run out of mythbusters.

xd At least Gaia stopped judging me for smoking. I can dance on my own grave, thank you.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:51 pm
demisara
CuAnnan
patch99329
Well.
All of gaia has gone tits up. I've noticed no less than 4 different glitches this last hour.

I think I'll log off and watch mythbusters until all is right with the world. wink

Don't do that.
You'll run out of mythbusters.

xd At least Gaia stopped judging me for smoking. I can dance on my own grave, thank you.

I know right? I dropped off the Gaia map for awhile. Came back and saw the new cig "poses". Was slightly amused by that bow to peer pressure and public opinion.  

Petticoat Antagonist

Hilarious Explorer

4,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

Opalescent_violet_14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:03 pm
aha! so I'm not crazy! about this, anyways. whee well that is definitely frustrating. 3nodding however, I haven't noticed it in any other forums yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:19 pm
CuAnnan
Recursive Paradox
They just can't seem to keep their website working it seems.

Of course they can't.
The initial code base was PHP BB 2, which was so riddled with s**t they just rebuilt it from the ground up, without taking it down.
The site has had little to no serious downtime in the five years I've been a member. All of the upgrades, updates and patches are done with the system live which introduces run-time bugs, unexpected behaviour and undocumented features.
Gaia is mostly held together with good will, sticky tape and the prayer and sweat of the developpers.

That's... ******** horrifying. Working in that kind of environment is the stuff developer nightmares are made from.  

Recursive Paradox

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces