Holy Spirit - Do you need to be saved to have it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alumnus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:56 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
both sides have valid points, however, the entire debate is intrinsic upon whether or not humans have free will. If we do, the humans choose God and the Holy Spirit flows into us as a reaction to that choice. However, if we do not have free will, then the Holy Spirit is always in us, only waiting untill God sees fit to show itself.

That doesn't appear to make any logical sense, please explain in further detail...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:32 pm
Well, when it comes to John the Baptist he was Elijah reborn according to Jesus, so in turn he already believed in God and thus already be blessed in the Holy Spirit. And I don't believe you can have the Holy Spirit before you are saved. The bible says In Mark 16:15-18, [15]He(Jesus) said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. [16]Whoever believes and is baptized willbe saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.[17] And these signs will accompany those who believe in my name, they will drive out demons; they will speak in new toungues; [18]they will pick up snakes with their hands; and whn they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get will.
Now I know that those are gifts of the spirit, and I've only seen people who are saved perform those things. And when Jesus ascends to heaven, he tells his disciples he will give them the holy spirit, not everyone, only those who serve him.

Akkarine

Elizabeth07LHDL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:26 am
my youth pastor you have to be saved and when you get baptised that is when you get the holy spirit. ill ask him the verses that he told me and ill try to post them later  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff