Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Different sections of Wicca? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your opinion of this book?
  Not worth the money
  Worth it, but with some caution
View Results

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:30 am
Okay.

So I went and met Thea Sabin. She's awesome. We chatted about a bunch of stuff, and among them was the are-Wiccan-gods-closed-off? issue.

She, along with every other Gardnerian there (from different covens and lines), disagreed with the point that the Wiccan gods are exclusive to their clergy.

I had a few people say that you can definitely reach Them, but that the relationship can change a lot when you are initiated. For some people, their interpretation of Them is the same or only slightly different than before initiation. For others, the interpretation is radically different. One girl said that she had no idea that the Lord and Lady were specific deities until several months after initiation. (She was still going on a soft polytheistic general "God" and "Goddess").

Hope this helps.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:37 am
I remembered hearing about Dianic Wicca and I still have no clue what it is, but I am interested in Traditional Wicca. And what is Ecclectic Wicca. What I get is that it is a conglomeration of different religions. Like they take the God and Goddess from Traditional Wicca and then mix in whatever??? I am going to find a Gerdner book though.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:51 pm
Aakosir
I remembered hearing about Dianic Wicca and I still have no clue what it is,
Most Dianics don't use the term Dianic Wicca anymore- since the term doesn't describe them having changed the core of their theology. I know of some Dianics who are practicing Wicca, having been initiated as Wica, left and returned.

Quote:

but I am interested in Traditional Wicca.
There are a handful of branches. Guardenarian and Alexandrian amongst the most common.

Quote:

And what is Ecclectic Wicca.
It's what happens when people don't realize that they're actually Eclectic Witches, since the Wica is a specific cult.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:17 pm
TeaDidikai
Quote:

but I am interested in Traditional Wicca.
There are a handful of branches. Guardenarian and Alexandrian amongst the most common.
Something I've always been a little confused about - where does Blue Star or Silver Star or whatever (I can never remember the name!) fall in terms of these types of categories? I mean, if they're lineaged Wiccan traditions, does that just automatically make them Traditional? If so, then what's the deal with trads like Feri, which, to my understanding, is also lineaged but somewhat radical in their views and practices?  

Ultramarine Violet

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:53 pm
Ultramarine Violet
what's the deal with trads like Feri, which, to my understanding, is also lineaged

I really don't think it is.

The Feri Tradition home page
What's the history of Feri? What are some of the lineages?

Victor Anderson: Started creating the Feri trad more-or-less as we know it in the 1940s. He began initiating people on an individual basis into the tradition before the 1950's. According to Cora, Victor received a letter in 1960 [other accounts say it was a phone call] from several witches in Italy, among them Leo Martello, asking him to form a coven in California.

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff