Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
To Ride a Silver RavenWolf Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cerulean Crayon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:05 am
TheBookWhore
Feelings of nausea arising.....must control urge to vomit......(seriously...did you guys read that stuff? glitter-covered childrens safety scissors to "cut negativity"?!) sweatdrop
I've privately done somewhat similar things...improvised tools because my parents aren't aware of my beliefs. It it really so wrong? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:01 am
Cerulean Crayon
TheBookWhore
Feelings of nausea arising.....must control urge to vomit......(seriously...did you guys read that stuff? glitter-covered childrens safety scissors to "cut negativity"?!) sweatdrop
I've privately done somewhat similar things...improvised tools because my parents aren't aware of my beliefs. It it really so wrong? sweatdrop

Improvised tools is one thing but decorating for the holidays by decorating safety scissors with glitter and ribbons is well........cheesy. Now I have been accused of being snotty and cynical before so you don't necessarily need to take my words to heart but to me glitter isn't magic.  

BookWhore

Shavis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:45 am
Oh c'mon, glitter covered saftey scissors are the best thing to happen to Magick since the plastic Harry potter wands. [/sarcasm]  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:27 am
TheBookWhore
Cerulean Crayon
TheBookWhore

Improvised tools is one thing but decorating for the holidays by decorating safety scissors with glitter and ribbons is well........cheesy. Now I have been accused of being snotty and cynical before so you don't necessarily need to take my words to heart but to me glitter isn't magic.
I keep on my altar a tupperware full of sequins, simply because they look better there than stowed away in a cupboard. Am I bad? I mean, I don't attach any meaning to it...  

Cerulean Crayon

Starlock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:14 am
Aaaah, pardon the skepticism, but are you guys SURE this is ACTUALLY her blog? Although I didn't look everywhere, I saw nothing on this site that proves that she is the owner of this blog. And given the nature of blogs... well... let's just say I'm far from convinced it is hers. But nevermind all that. I'm a bit saddened at the negative reactions in this thread so far. Sometimes I'm not sure which is worsey... her take on Wicca or the reactionaries against it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:10 am
TheBookWhore

gotta love it, and btw, i love your sig. thats awesome rofl

Heh, thanks. I should really stop hanging around in the ED main forum sweatdrop  

miserabelle

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:54 pm
Starlock
Aaaah, pardon the skepticism, but are you guys SURE this is ACTUALLY her blog? Although I didn't look everywhere, I saw nothing on this site that proves that she is the owner of this blog. And given the nature of blogs... well... let's just say I'm far from convinced it is hers. But nevermind all that. I'm a bit saddened at the negative reactions in this thread so far. Sometimes I'm not sure which is worsey... her take on Wicca or the reactionaries against it. sweatdrop
You have to backtrack more- the blog does not in itself prove it's hers, but it is linked off of her site, http://www.silverravenwolf.com/. It's under Black Cat Alley, labeled Diary of a Silver Witch.

I personally have not found any remarks by reactionaries against her to be quite as distasteful as many of hers are. The negative reactions aren't meaningless slander, for the most part- a lot of them have good backing, and I think that anyone who is seriously into any academic pursuit of magic ought to be offended by her carelessness, misleading statements, and lack of basic research.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:54 pm
I will not even look, becuase I know I would get completely out of line and be a bad example.  

Deandriea

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:25 am
Ohhhh I love this guild. I'm not even going to look. Well...maybe a little peek. whee

Seriously though. We all have our arguments but this is a great guild. I missed it. You may not know it, but I am definitely fangirlboying for several of you. whee  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff