Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
There has to be more Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:34 pm
sabaku-okami
Their is nothing wrong with it, just blow it off these people like to nitpick at everything you say. If you need anyhelp with anything just mail me.

If you think people asking to provide citations or proof of any positive claims you might make is "nitpicking," then you really won't gain anything from being in this guild. Also, I really don't appreciate when you make such divisive statements as telling one person to blatantly ignore someone else when the entire purpose of this guild is to question and learn, and I'm sure there are others that agree. If you like the level of scholarship that some guild members have, then acknowledge it for what it is- well researched and devoted to accuracy. You yourself cannot be exempt if you want to participate.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:17 pm
Sophist
sabaku-okami
Their is nothing wrong with it, just blow it off these people like to nitpick at everything you say. If you need anyhelp with anything just mail me.

If you think people asking to provide citations or proof of any positive claims you might make is "nitpicking," then you really won't gain anything from being in this guild. Also, I really don't appreciate when you make such divisive statements as telling one person to blatantly ignore someone else when the entire purpose of this guild is to question and learn, and I'm sure there are others that agree. If you like the level of scholarship that some guild members have, then acknowledge it for what it is- well researched and devoted to accuracy. You yourself cannot be exempt if you want to participate.

I actually agree with you on this. If I didn't want to hear what everyone had to say, I wouldn't have posted here. Or anywhere for that matter.

And Tea, those are some pretty serious accusations you made towards Subaku...  

ShadowCatSoul

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:48 pm
ShadowCatSoul
Accurate though.
The documentation is all over the guild, and I can prove beyond a doubt using posts he made that he is an Oathbreaker and a Liar who has misrepresented other religions.

When you first started posting in M&R you had your tail handed to you in a number of debates and you discussed things via PM.
Some of this was about your fascination with Bast as well.

As for if you would prove she is who she says she is, I would say it's not about impressing us, and about ensuring your safety. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:44 pm
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
Accurate though.
The documentation is all over the guild, and I can prove beyond a doubt using posts he made that he is an Oathbreaker and a Liar who has misrepresented other religions.

When you first started posting in M&R you had your tail handed to you in a number of debates and you discussed things via PM.
Some of this was about your fascination with Bast as well.

As for if you would prove she is who she says she is, I would say it's not about impressing us, and about ensuring your safety. rolleyes

I still have no memory of the Bastet thing...but oh well, don't suppose it really matters. I'm not here to argue, merely to hear what other people have to say  

ShadowCatSoul

River_Moonwolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:09 pm
ShadowCatSoul, if I may ask, what precisely led to your feeling a 'pull' towards Bastet? I ask this because I, too, felt a similar pull - until I actually did my research on who and what She is. After realizing my error, I apologized (in what for me is a pretty elaborate ceremony) and since referred to Her in a far more respectful light. I bring this up simply because in my time, I've seen too-many view Her with the whole 'Neko, Hello-Kitty' mentality. If I've offended, please disregard. (I've had my inconsideration of other rightfully trashed here... biggrin ).

Geez...I really need to post in Pathways, don't I?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:52 pm
ShadowCatSoul
I'm not here to argue, merely to hear what other people have to say
Then listen closely:

Verify who it is you are dealing with.

River>> Yeah. Yeah ya do.  

TeaDidikai

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:24 pm
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
I'm not here to argue, merely to hear what other people have to say
Then listen closely:

Verify who it is you are dealing with.

River>> Yeah. Yeah ya do.

Explain? I know who I'm dealing with. And no, I do not assocciate her with any neko hello kitty crap. I know she is and can be very dangerous and vengeful if she wants. I have only felt her wrath once, and well, I've already mentioned why.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:11 pm
ShadowCatSoul
I know who I'm dealing with.
How?
Quote:

And no, I do not assocciate her with any neko hello kitty crap.
Who said you did?

Quote:
I know she is and can be very dangerous and vengeful if she wants
So can impostors.

Quote:
I have only felt her wrath once, and well, I've already mentioned why.
You think that was wrath?

Mild contempt maybe.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:26 pm
I want this to be in context for you Shadow.

Bast is sometimes depicted as the hand of Ra's anger.
When you talk about her wrath, you're talking about things like her destroying humans- not her telling you to ******** off.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:28 pm
TeaDidikai

Quote:

Who said you did?

River_Moonwolf asked for clarification on 'what precisely led to your [ShadowCatSoul] feeling a 'pull' towards Bastet' because River has 'seen too-many [that] view Her with the whole 'Neko, Hello-Kitty' mentality.'  

Aino Ailill

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:32 pm
Aino Ailill
TeaDidikai

Quote:

Who said you did?

River_Moonwolf asked for clarification on 'what precisely led to your [ShadowCatSoul] feeling a 'pull' towards Bastet' because River has 'seen too-many [that] view Her with the whole 'Neko, Hello-Kitty' mentality.'
To be fair, asking isn't the same as accusing. I just found it odd.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:38 pm
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
TeaDidikai

Quote:

Who said you did?

To be fair, asking isn't the same as accusing. I just found it odd.

If one asks on the basis of having seen 'x' before, then it is likely that they would be associating 'x' with the person they are asking or what they are asking about. It seems reasonable to supply an answer, even if the question was not directly poised or the accusation leveled.  

Aino Ailill

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:41 pm
Aino Ailill
If one asks on the basis of having seen 'x' before, then it is likely that they would be associating 'x' with the person they are asking or what they are asking about.
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Hell, I know I have brought stuff up in responses to Cu and Nuri that have vague similarities to fluff that I have seen in the past, but by knowing them I know the situations are different, but I comment on it for the benefit of lurkers.

Quote:
It seems reasonable to supply an answer, even if the question was not directly poised or the accusation leveled.
Reasonable to address it, sure. Not sure how reasonably it was addressed, but meh.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:14 pm
Sorry, should have phrased my question differently. Wasn't accusing, simply curious, as I have seen people approach Bast as though She were nothing more than cosmic housecat. I shall endeavor to phrase things better in the future.  

River_Moonwolf

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:50 pm
Ok, so mayb wrath was overexaggerating a bit. And I'm sorry if I made it seem like I was being accused. I didn't mean for it to come out as such.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff