Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Vampires Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:41 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Nines19
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
Vampires?

I'd have to take a more orthodox view on actual vampires: Kill 'em with Holy Water!

That doesn't work.
You have to drive an ash steak through their heart, cut off their head, pierce their wrists and ankle with iron nails, cut out their tongue and eyes and bury them head first at a cross roads.

Does the removal of tongue and eyes occur before or after the removal of the head itself?

My guess? Before the head is removed.

Don't forget to walk a white horse over the grave.
Scatter some seeds just in case and don't forget the silver in the grave.
My jokes aside, this kind of sheds some light on why modern stories don't portray vampires in a historical way. Besides the history not being what we're used to, it's hard to portray them in the usual getting their asses handed to them by some guy when they're that hard to get rid of.

Also, isn't there one country where it's a black horse.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:54 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
My jokes aside, this kind of sheds some light on why modern stories don't portray vampires in a historical way. Besides the history not being what we're used to, it's hard to portray them in the usual getting their asses handed to them by some guy when they're that hard to get rid of.

I don't know... makes for more conflict really.  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:56 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn

There's a reason why I like the slow build up of Dracula, which has one of the more traditional killings, but with the (horribly unfortunate) popularity of well, films of the Michael Bay variety, I'm thinking we're going to be seeing more high paced combat in the future.

Not that there's anything wrong with high paced combat, just that the slower conflicts would be nice.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:10 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn

There's a reason why I like the slow build up of Dracula, which has one of the more traditional killings, but with the (horribly unfortunate) popularity of well, films of the Michael Bay variety, I'm thinking we're going to be seeing more high paced combat in the future.

Not that there's anything wrong with high paced combat, just that the slower conflicts would be nice.

That and I don't know if modern culture would understand Vampire as being removed from Love Interest.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:13 pm
TeaDidikai
... I don't know if modern culture would understand Vampire as being removed from Love Interest.

...this makes me squirm just a bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:32 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn

That and I don't know if modern culture would understand Vampire as being removed from Love Interest.
Don't know about that. The ones in Blade Two were just ******** disgusting. I know the movie wasn't as popular, but I don't think it was because of those flower mouthed monstrosities.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:35 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
... I don't know if modern culture would understand Vampire as being removed from Love Interest.

You know what I am talking about. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:36 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

You know what I am talking about. wink

3nodding  

Collowrath

Russian Hooker

Wheezing Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:47 pm
I belive there are vampires to an extent,
not them stupid twilight people that burn
in the light and look beautiful, I think possibly
maybe they were a different species of a human.
Ehh only a thought.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:23 pm
Prisonic x Fairytale
I belive there are vampires to an extent,
not them stupid twilight people that burn
in the light and look beautiful, I think possibly
maybe they were a different species of a human.
Ehh only a thought.
Support for this "thought" please?
Maybe in the form of DNA?  

TeaDidikai

Calixti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:02 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Nines19
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
Vampires?

I'd have to take a more orthodox view on actual vampires: Kill 'em with Holy Water!

That doesn't work.
You have to drive an ash steak through their heart, cut off their head, pierce their wrists and ankle with iron nails, cut out their tongue and eyes and bury them head first at a cross roads.

Does the removal of tongue and eyes occur before or after the removal of the head itself?

My guess? Before the head is removed.

Don't forget to walk a white horse over the grave.
Scatter some seeds just in case and don't forget the silver in the grave.
I got all the references except the seeds. Is it because they'd have to count them all, or is there something I haven't heard of?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:04 pm
Calixti
I got all the references except the seeds. Is it because they'd have to count them all, or is there something I haven't heard of?
Close enough.

My tradition speaks of them ordering them by color and size- but counting works too.  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:50 pm
TeaDidikai
Calixti
Close enough.

My tradition speaks of them ordering them by color and size- but counting works too.
Oh yeah. I remembered that as a bag of rice.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:06 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Calixti
Close enough.

Oh yeah. I remembered that as a bag of rice.

I know where I heard about the seeds- any idea as to where the rice comes from?  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:55 am
Im wondering what their original cultures have to say about what vampires actually are?

To me, I just think Dracula every time (Best book I ever read ninja ).  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff