Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm
"Well now, that's just not nice! I could ask the same about you, mister!" Eudora reprimanded in a light teasing manner. "I get out...some," she muttered, as if in thought. Okay, not as much as she might like, but definitely more than some Pae she knew.

"Just 'cause I don't know everything yet, doesn't make me dumb. When you find something new you've never seen before, you have to ask all kinds of questions so that you understand it. Then, that's something new you know!" She smiled, leaning in to look at the object, puzzling over it.

"Okay, so...it's not alive then? And not magic, I guess? That explains why it was confusing. Most things on Telrunya are magic, ya' know. Magic, I understand...at least as much as one can understand magic when anything is possible. I've heard OF 'tech' stuff before, but never really seen any on the Isle." The fae ran her fingers lightly over the surface of the device, marveling over its smooth texture. Then, she picked up one of the dangling ear pieces and held it up with a smile. "Guess these aren't magic ear bugs afterall then."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:58 pm
Cadassi smiled, happy that she seemed so interested in something that he had been playing around with for a while. Truth be told, he didn't get out much either. Then again, he had just moved here.

"Magic?" he repeated. "I'm afraid I'm new to the Isle. I only know what my caretaker has told me and I'm afraid it's not that much. And almost nothing about... 'magic'. " he said, offering the device up for her inspection.

"Magic ear bugs?" he asked incredulously, laughing at the term. "That's what you were talking about?" he laughed harder, repitcuring all the strange things he had imagined before. "They're ear buds. They...transfer the sounds to your ear." he said, trying to explain it clearly.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:23 pm
Eudora had a soft, musical sort of laugh, easily amused by her new friend's amusement. "Yeah," she nodded, "Telrunya is a land of magic. Of course, there's some tech, mostly stuff from off the isle, I hear, but not a lot of people use it, and even less understand it, I'd imagine."

She took the odd device, handling it gently as she turned it this way and that for a better look, once even holding it up over her head to look up at it for a bit instead of down. "Hee hee, yes, those are what I meant. I'm still not sure I understand how it works, but then again, I suppose if I think of it as another type of magic... Then as long as I know that it does what it does 'cause it can, then that's good enough for me. That's basically how magic works," she nodded sagely, handing the device back.

"So, it's a little box that plays music in your ears. Got it," she grinned.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:54 am
Cadassi grinned, glad that he didn't have to explain the device in further detail. He wasn't sure if he could. "Yeah. Nothing real exciting except the mainland music. They have some...strange names for their bands." he said then shrugged.

"So magic is it's own...thing? You can't control it?" he asked, trying to understand her earlier comments.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:15 pm
Eudora paused, frowing a bit as she wondered how best to explain. "It's not so much that you can't control it," she tried to clarify, "because it depends a lot on the type of magic and the Pae that's using it. Some is certainly harder to control than others, and some can almost be as natural as breathing! However...it's not really something you can explain how it works, not logically. It works...because it works." She shrugged a bit, not sure how better to explain magic. Magic was...magic!

She blinked a bit, curiosity spiking once more. "Do you have a power? Maybe it's magic too and you just didn't realize it?" She smiled, seeming as enthusiastic as any child as she spoke. "My daddy and I each have powers. I don't know how else to explain them except to say that they're magic too. Don't know how they work, just that they do."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:13 pm
Cadassi was starting ot relax. Even though this pae seemed a bit odd, she didn't seem dangerous either. Just a little...easily excitable. And very nosey. Which he supposed wasn't a bad thing. He was so busy thinking about her questions that he forgot to ponder how she may be trying to harm him. Which was unusual for the paranoid demon.

"Ummm, I don't think it's a power, as you call it. More like a gift that matches the fin." he explained, shrugging. "Gues you could say I'm sort of a tracker." he said, taking the initiative and plopping down on the warm sand.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:21 am
"A tracker?" Eudora questioned with a tilt of her head. "Like how?" She swiftly followed the male's lead and flopped down in the sand, cross-legged, hand resting on her ankles. She still moved much like a teenager, despite her mature body.

She seemed eager to hear an explanation, smiling in encouragement for them to talk more. She didn't get to talk to many others and it was only by taking this initiative upon herself that she'd run across her new friend here today.

...whatever his name was.

Ack! Guardians! She'd been so distracted with other questions, she'd forgotten to ask his name! Suddenly, and likely seeming out of nowhere, she smacked her palm against her forehead. "I'm sorry," she blurted out, "Here I am prying into your business and I don't even know your name. I'm Eudora." She smiled warmly, holding out her hand as she'd been taught was polite.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 am
Cadassi had just opened his mouth to answer the curious fae when she suddenly smacked her own forehead. Which was a bit concerning. He had just evaluted her threat level at low and now she was smacking herself. Maybe he should rethink her sanity level...

Realizing that the small fae was jabbering again, he tuned back into the conversation. And scooted a couple of inches away as well. "Name's Cadassi. Nice to meet you Eudora." he said, wondering if he should take her hand or not. She did just smack herself in the forehead.

Deciding against it, he returned to their earlier topic, hoping she would notice his sudden aprehension. Considering the conversation so far, he doubted that would happen...

"Umm, I can eat or drink or taste anything that belongs to a person so long as it has some form of bodily fluids on it or in it and proceed to track them over great distances by their smell alone. Makes me cranky as a bugger though, so I try not to test that ability too often."

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:19 am
When her introduction was only half returned, Eudora faltered, her hand still offered awkwardly in the air. After a moment, she lowered it with some hesitancy, frowning at Cadassi's odd behavior. Had she done something wrong? He seemed to pull away, literally and figuratively and she thought back, trying to figure out what it was she could have done to cause this change.

But, she said nothing, pulling her arm back, both hands clasped now in her lap as she listened quietly and tried to keep from doing anything else wrong. Not easy, considering the nature of the power Cadassi shared. "Really? That's...interesting," she commented with a nod, politely, but a bit strained not to make a childish face at the phrase 'bodily fluids'.

Still, curiosity won out over immaturity.

"So like...can you turn it off? I mean, if you accidentally picked up someone else's drink or something, would it still happen? Or like..." she hesitated only a moment, then asked anyway, stifling girlish giggles, "if you kissed someone, would that make you cranky afterwards too?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:06 pm
Cadassi nodded his head to all of her questions, a little jumbled by the sudden rush of her curiosity. Then again, considering that this pae had just examined his Ipod like it was a lost fossil, maybe he was just slow on the uptake.

Answering her questions one by one, he held up his fingers to count the points off as he spoke them. "Yes. It is an ability I can turn on and off.Mostly. Sometimes it is triggered by drinking or eating after someone but drinking is usually more of the case since they tend to backwash in the glass. I know. Ew, right?" Cadassi chuckled a bit as his own expense. The last time he had drank after anyone had been a horrible experience. One he most certainly didn't wanna have to tell anyone about.

"And third, I wouldn't really know wether kissing activated it because I haven't been brave enough to kiss anyone for fear of the effects." Cadassi blushed as he spoke. Though he tried to be non-chalant about it. Besides. It was the truth. Even if he hadn't really kissed anyone because the idea of someone even being that close to him made him panic like nobody's busness.Or that no one had really offered.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:11 pm
Eudora's expression mirrored Cadassi's at the explanation regarding 'backwash'. She'd never actually heard the phrase before, but she figured out the meaning well enough from context. She made a face, then giggled along with the other Pae. She seemed to relax a bit, feeling at least a little less wary of her actions now that he didn't seem ready to bolt, or worse, shove her away from him for something she'd said.

Then, awkwardness returned, and she noticed the color rushing to her new friend's face. He was embarrassed? Of what? Eudora shrugged in reply, tilting her head at Cadassi. "Nothing wrong with that. It's a valid reason to wait, considering. I mean, I don't think it has anything to do with bravery. It would suck to find out that kissing made you cranky! And even without, nothing wrong with it. I've never kissed anyone either. Well, not like 'that' kind of kissing anyway," she giggled, grinning. "Mums and dads don't count, of course."

This new line of questioning opened up, she pondered the new track her train of thought had jumped to. "You know, I don't think the opportunity's ever come up. I mean, I've never had anyone I wanted to try kissing 'like that' before, but I've always been curious what it was all about. But, one doesn't just go around kissing every Pae they meet just to find out. I don't think it works that way anyway. Of course not." She turned to Cadassi again. "What about you? Do you know what the big deal is about it?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:42 am
Cadassi shook his head. Somewhat embarrassed by the topic of conversation, he still wanted to try and hold a civil dialogue with somebody. "I'm afraid I have never quite seen the fascination myself. Then again, I have seen many pae in love and I wonder if love is the main thing. Do you have to love someone to kiss them?" he asked, a slight blush crossing his cheeks at being so open.  

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items