Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jedediah Smith

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:09 pm
hot_wheels_turbo_racing
Cometh The Inquisitor
if God says 'nope, sorry. Your turn to suffer.' then all the 'power of christ compells you's in the world won't do you any good.

True, but since God's said what he's said and given us the authority he's given, and God never changes, then we always have the authority over Satan.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Satan or his devils will flee instantly every time, but we do have to authority over them, and they must submit to the power of God.

What is Christ's Authority truely, is it the same authority that has been handed down to believers by Christ? Not at all!

Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." Matthew 28:18

"Who (Jesus) is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him." 1 Peter 3:22

We cannot have the same authority that Christ had because we are not part of the Trinity. Jesus handed down only a few authorities to those who believe in him. Luke 9:1-2,6  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:31 pm
hot_wheels_turbo_racing

True, but since God's said what he's said and given us the authority he's given, and God never changes, then we always have the authority over Satan.

God allowed Job to suffer. Why should we be any different?

All pain in this world is simply a test of faith. We should be thankful for it.  

ioioouiouiouio

Ricette

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:47 pm
I'm not totally sure on this but I will say that I think that we have a small amount of power to rbuke Satan, mind you it is miniscule in comparison to the Lord's power. I think that we can rebuke Satan in small everyday sins but nt in the bad to extreme area. I think only the Lord can by forgiving us for our sins and rebuking Satan in the form of forgiving us and driving him out by protecting us from having bad bad experiences happen again and again like well I rather not say the really horrific thing in public but it was really horrific but it hasn't happened again so the Lord rebuked Satan in the form of forgiving me for what happened and by making sure the guy never did it to me again. I have no verses to support this but this is merely how I see it. And yeah I saw that Trading Spouses episode and kind thought she went waaaaay overboard. But those are my thoughts on htis.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:26 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
God allowed Job to suffer. Why should we be any different?

That doesn't change what I've said.

Cometh The Inquisitor
All pain in this world is simply a test of faith. We should be thankful for it.

All is a very strong word to be using like that.  

hot_wheels_turbo_racing

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:38 pm
hot_wheels_turbo_racing

All is a very strong word to be using like that.

Give me a situation where pain is not a test of faith and I shall modify my statement accordingly.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:35 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

RazorGod

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Jedediah Smith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:31 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:51 am
Jedediah Smith

It is not necessary for a Christian to rebuke Satan because God has given us His full armor to stand against evil ( Eph 6:10-18 ). The New Testament does not say Jesus has given Christians the authority to rebuke the Devil.

In response to Satan's attacks, a Christian should hide under the covering of Christ. Instead of focusing on defeating the Devil, we should focus on following Christ.

I've read Ephesians:

"10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints."

It doesn't say to Hide in the word of God, it says to STAND your ground with the armor of God's might. God gave you armor so that you could stand against what Satan and his angels bring.  

RazorGod

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Jedediah Smith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:20 pm
razorgod
It doesn't say to Hide in the word of God, it says to STAND your ground with the armor of God's might. God gave you armor so that you could stand against what Satan and his angels bring.

You misunderstood me, I said "a Christian should hide under the covering of Christ" meaning let Christ be in your battles against Satan. I'm not denying that we are to stand firm.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:00 pm
Here's my take. Only God and Jesus have the authority to rebuke Satan. We can call upon Jesus's and God's authority to rebuke Satan we need to. But ultimatley it is God's authority.

In the name of Jesus Christ, we can rebuke Satan.  

ScarletCape

Deirdre Flanagan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:32 pm
but margaret perin didnt rebuke satan. she never even said satan i think. she just said ungodly a lot. she said she rebuked the things they were doing like taht radio show where a sycic came in and she rebuked the gargoyels and stuff in the yard. adn even when she did she said i rebuke this in the name of the lord.

so if she did it in the name of the lord isnt that okay too. even tho is wastn satan she rebuked a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:48 am
ScarletCape
Here's my take. Only God and Jesus have the authority to rebuke Satan. We can call upon Jesus's and God's authority to rebuke Satan we need to. But ultimatley it is God's authority.

In the name of Jesus Christ, we can rebuke Satan.

However, Christ did not give us the authority to rebuke Satan in is name.

"And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover." -- Mark 16:17-18

Christ gave believers certain amount of authority in his name.

When the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, "The Lord rebuke you." -- Jude 1:9

That passage above is a perfect example, that rebuking Satan is only for the Lord himself. The archangel Michael dares not to rebuke Satan but says "The Lord rebuke you."  

Jedediah Smith

AbbyGirlForever

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:03 pm
Hmm, a topic on rebuking, huh? Interesting.

We as humans cannot force Satan or demons to leave. They don't have to listen to us. However, if we rebuke in the Lord's name, they must leave.

If I thought a demonic presence was in this room with me, I would stand up, stomp my foot, and loudly declare "The Lord rebuke all evil out of this room - go back to the Pit!" I would say it with confidence, knowing that God will act on my behalf.

We as Christians have been given a lot of authority and power through Christ. We are not to be weak or afraid of the powers of darkness. Satan only has as much power as we give him through our (in)actions.

I fully believe that demons are among us, working the will of their evil master. They possess people sometimes, and they try to oppress Christians spiritually. I do not believe that Christians can be possessed, but they can be spiritually oppressed to make them ineffective. However, God has given us tools and power to resist the devil and his minions.

I also do not believe that Satan personally visits any of us. He is not omnipresent, and his time needs to be better spent than attacking individuals personally.

All forms of rebuking must be done in the Lord's name, for it is by His power that demons are cast out or driven away, not our own.

Just out of curiousity, has anybody ever tried to rebuke a demon or demonic force before?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:03 pm
We most certainly do have the athority to rebuke satan but it isnt our athority it is christ in us that makes the devils flee

God gives us His Spirit to perform miricals in Jesus name

Not only can we rebuke satan but Jesus can heal people through us and we can see the works of God even in this dark age we live all we have to do is just believe that God will work through us and give us the same athority that he gave christ...

Dealing with demons is a very scary thing but I know that greater is He who is in me than he that is in the world and i have cast out demons in the name of our lord Jesus Christ... it really dose work as long as you know what you are doing... if God speaks to you and tells you to speak to the demons then do it dont do it if God dosnt prompt you too because then you get yourself into a mess of trouble and those spirits will attack you...

Acts 19:11-17
God did extrodinary miracles through Paul, so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them (this is proof that we can have power over devils)13 some jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon possesed, they would say in the name of the Lord Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out seven sons of Sceva,a Jewish chief priest, were doing this, 15 one day the evil spirits answered them saying "Jesus i know and Paul i know, But who are you" then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all he gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding(this is proof that the evil spirits can attack you if you Dont have the athority of Christ in you)  

knivesI

crystal_lynixe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:49 am
I believe that God have given us the authority to rebuke the devil....as in the bible,it was written"rebuke the devil and he shall flee from you".Jesus also had given the authority to rebuke the devil.In the old testiment,we are given the authority to trample over the snakes and the scorpions.So in short,I think as long as we know our authority in God,I believe that we can rebuke the devil.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff